UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bas is a horrible announcer....

3/24/13 12:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ajsr
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Arlovski pretty clearly won the second round. He landed more, shook AJ on a couple of different occassions,adn stuffed every takedown attempt. The third was closer and probably a draw imo.
3/24/13 12:28 AM
Pessimist_Pete
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FUTA WON (C) - He just regurgitates the same shit over and over. How does he still have a job?

They need to add Pat Militech or maybe even Frank Shamrock.

Get it together WSOF Phone Post
I logged on to vote you down a few minutes ago Phone Post
3/24/13 12:28 AM
Matt Perry

FUTA WON (C) - He just regurgitates the same shit over and over. How does he still have a job?

Ban. Phone Post
3/24/13 12:30 AM
The Mouth

I caught a bunch of name fuck ups

Called Tyson Nam, Nam Phan.

Etc.
3/24/13 12:31 AM
FUTA WON (C)
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pessimist_Pete -

I logged on to vote you down a few minutes ago Phone Post
Join the crowd fag.....

I have 10 vote downs since I started this thread. Fuck all you 12 ers. A bunch of mudnamers who don't contribute shit to the site. Phone Post
3/24/13 12:32 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

I thought AJ won the 1st and I also think he clinched up the 3rd, literally. Phone Post
3/24/13 1:23 AM
Dana Stern

Yea Bas while I do believe he knows the sport and is passionate, he really is not a good commentator or interviewer. It's weird because he has a ton of fight knowledge yet there's times when he's explaining the action in the cage and it seems like he just started watching MMA. Watching some of these other shows really makes u appreciate how good Joe and Goldy really are at their jobs. Never understood the Bas but nuthugging but everyone has different views on things. Phone Post
3/24/13 1:31 AM
Brabatross

Bas is awesome, his voice pumps me up.
3/24/13 1:47 AM
Large Intestine
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Arlovski, and I thought he landed a lot of good strikes. I almost want to call him Uppercutski after this fight.

i don't like Johnson, I was damn unimpressed with his stalling, but he landed the bigger power shots.

It was a very close fight, but per the scoring system we're stuck with, I think Johnson edged out a legitimate victory.

It could be partly nostalgia, but I like Bas in the booth. I find his analysis insightful and entertaining. He misspoke a couple times, and definitely he needs a better foil to riff with. That guy with him was a hack. Phone Post
3/24/13 1:54 AM
OliverHumperdink
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FUTA WON (C) - 
OliverHumperdink - I just couldnt understand how you could come to your opinion being that is so blatantly incorrect. I assumed the best for you and thought you were a troll joking around. I guess I was wrong...
So a back and forth fight that some people thought could go either way is somehow a great representation of how uneducated I am and shows your vastly superior judging skills and MMA knowledge......

Congrats sir on your PHD in MMA Phone Post

Who are these some people??

There is no way any one with an understanding of judging criteria could score the first round for Arlovski.

Don't try to back track on your statement and make this about something its not. We are not talking about a back and forth FIGHT, we are talking about the first round which you say you scored for Arlovski, eventhough he was the only one to go down, not once but twice??

Clearly my judging skills (and most other humans including Cecil Peoples) are vastly superior to yours.

Compared to your judging I truly do have a PHD in MMA.
3/24/13 1:54 AM
michegre
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im always going to watch if Bas is commentating. Love Bas. Phone Post
3/24/13 2:30 AM
ChaosOverkill
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bas is sketchy sometimes in his job and he can either enhance a fight or make the commentary obnoxious I find theres no in between with him

3/24/13 2:38 AM
inf0
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bas sounds awful now.. wtf

3/24/13 2:57 AM
Donald Rice Cerrone

WTF is with all the hate..I think he does a good job..I enjoy his comments about the kickboxing standup...Sure he's a bit of a know it all..but he's there to do the play by play and actually know it all..so its acceptable IMO.

Ya'll are a bunch of whiney bitches IMO
3/24/13 3:48 AM
Attila
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't see tonights event but I've always liked Bas' commentating. Was it uncharacteristically bad or are y'all just haters?
3/24/13 8:53 AM
bad1121

Agreed. His interviews were garbage and stupid. Phone Post
3/24/13 9:00 AM
sparkuri

He sounded fine to me.
Nobodies perfect, and he's certainly a great addition to any organization. Phone Post
3/24/13 9:03 AM
crescentwrench
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Authority Figure -

He's very knowledegable, but he's arrogant and sometimes mean spirited if you ask me. Then he has moments where he will turn on what I view is a false humility. Never understood why people like him so much as an announcer.

To each his own. I can take him in doses.

Find clips from when he and Don Frye commentated Sharkfights. Then you'll never want anyone else announcing anything ever. Phone Post
3/24/13 9:04 AM
Smellde Gluve
551 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree he sounds unprofessional etc but I LOVE the dude and it's just humor and charm in my eyes.

3/24/13 9:28 AM
FUTA WON (C)
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Badingggggg.....

Whooop he's going for the liver now.....

Yup I told you he was gonna throw a high kick......

If I was him I would try to take him down once..... just to keep him thinking.....

Rinse and repeat Phone Post
3/24/13 9:30 AM
FUTA WON (C)

OliverHumperdink -
FUTA WON (C) - 
OliverHumperdink - I just couldnt understand how you could come to your opinion being that is so blatantly incorrect. I assumed the best for you and thought you were a troll joking around. I guess I was wrong...
So a back and forth fight that some people thought could go either way is somehow a great representation of how uneducated I am and shows your vastly superior judging skills and MMA knowledge......

Congrats sir on your PHD in MMA Phone Post

Who are these some people??

There is no way any one with an understanding of judging criteria could score the first round for Arlovski.

Don't try to back track on your statement and make this about something its not. We are not talking about a back and forth FIGHT, we are talking about the first round which you say you scored for Arlovski, eventhough he was the only one to go down, not once but twice??

Clearly my judging skills (and most other humans including Cecil Peoples) are vastly superior to yours.

Compared to your judging I truly do have a PHD in MMA.
Hey fuckface did you read the title of the OP?

I don't give a shit about your opinion otherwise. Phone Post
3/24/13 9:31 AM
FUTA WON (C)

inf0 -

Bas sounds awful now.. wtf

This guy knows whqt he is talking about... Phone Post
3/24/13 10:04 AM
OliverHumperdink
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FUTA WON (C) -  I have no idea how he gave AJ that first round from 1 knock down. AA pretty much controlled the whole round. And AA won the 3rd. IMO he wins 29-28 Phone Post

This is your statement you made in your own thread. If you do not want opinions why bother even posting?? Just yell what you think at a wall so no one disagrees with you.

I am explaining to you that your hate for Bas may or may not be justified, but by hating on him for his scoring of the first round you are making yourself look like a hater with a very limited knowledge of what you are watching while a fight is taking place.

You can call me "fuckface" or whatever other intelligent well thought out retort that pops into your mind, but the fact remains that you have no idea what you are watching when trying to pick the winner of a round.

The reality is you are just a troll like I originally thought. No one could score that for Arlovski, not even his momma.
3/24/13 10:06 AM
Synado
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bas was excellent as usual.
3/24/13 10:10 AM
gooddoc

This thread is MMA blasphemy. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.