UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bas is a horrible announcer....

3/24/13 10:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
gooddoc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread is MMA blasphemy. Phone Post
3/24/13 10:12 AM
FUTA WON (C)
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OliverHumperdink -
FUTA WON (C) -  I have no idea how he gave AJ that first round from 1 knock down. AA pretty much controlled the whole round. And AA won the 3rd. IMO he wins 29-28 Phone Post

This is your statement you made in your own thread. If you do not want opinions why bother even posting?? Just yell what you think at a wall so no one disagrees with you.

I am explaining to you that your hate for Bas may or may not be justified, but by hating on him for his scoring of the first round you are making yourself look like a hater with a very limited knowledge of what you are watching while a fight is taking place.

You can call me "fuckface" or whatever other intelligent well thought out retort that pops into your mind, but the fact remains that you have no idea what you are watching when trying to pick the winner of a round.

The reality is you are just a troll like I originally thought. No one could score that for Arlovski, not even his momma.
Dude why are you still talking?

You are a moron. You are basing my fight knowledge on one round of one fight. You are a stalker at this point. I don't give a shit about your opinion of the fight, I don't give a shit about who won any rounds in your opinion, and I don't give a shit about you.

Get over it. Phone Post
3/24/13 10:13 AM
GARRYD

Edited: 03/24/13 10:13 AM
I thought Bas just did the commentary on fights , when did he start announcing them like Buffer ? !
3/24/13 10:16 AM
OliverHumperdink
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FUTA you silly troll.
3/24/13 10:26 AM
Madrugadao

Authority Figure - 

He's very knowledegable, but he's arrogant and sometimes mean spirited if you ask me. Then he has moments where he will turn on what I view is a false humility. Never understood why people like him so much as an announcer.

To each his own. I can take him in doses.

Agreed! Seems a lot more business minded than he would have you believe too.
3/24/13 12:33 PM
TheMessiah

every MMA card that is televised some Internet warrior hops on the UG to make a thread about how terrible a commentator is.

Every UFC ppv is how biased Rogan is or every fuck up Goldy does has to be blown up..

Or how Florian and Anik are so terrible commentating together..

Now for WSOF about Bas..

All should be replaced according to many of you.. Maybe every commentator should be like Gus Johnson. Phone Post
3/24/13 12:38 PM
MMA Architect
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree... Bas needs to improve, quite a bit. Not that there aren't a bunch of other commentators who are also in desperate need of improvement.
But, I do like Millitech (sp?) as commentator... he could be a good add. Although, he's a bit awkward in from of the camera, so I'm not sure he would be the guy to do the in-ring post-fight interviews. Phone Post
3/24/13 12:39 PM
spliff
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

agree with op. i hate when people say him and rogan would be amazing
3/24/13 1:16 PM
FUTA WON (C)
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheMessiah - every MMA card that is televised some Internet warrior hops on the UG to make a thread about how terrible a commentator is.

Every UFC ppv is how biased Rogan is or every fuck up Goldy does has to be blown up..

Or how Florian and Anik are so terrible commentating together..

Now for WSOF about Bas..

All should be replaced according to many of you.. Maybe every commentator should be like Gus Johnson. Phone Post
Gus Johnson isn't a play by play guy. I mentioned several others that have experience and are just as good if not better IMO than Bas. You will not find any thread out there of me bashing any other commentators. Maybe because I was under the weather last night it just showed to me more but I think Bas was terrible last night and all I kept hearing was the same things over and over. I will rewatch it later today and see if I come to the same conclusion.

The only thing I ever said was that Joe Martinez was probably the best ring announcer in the biz. Phone Post
3/24/13 1:18 PM
FUTA WON (C)

I have to say I won't be doing these kinda threads anymore. Ever since this karma started showing all these fucking 11ers and 12ers do is vote you down. Shit is getting ridiculous. Phone Post
3/24/13 1:23 PM
mixedmartialfarts
340 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Bas would stop mailing it in he could still be an amazing commentator.  He and Quadros were pretty much a dream team in Pride, and I learned a lot about MMA just from listening to him during fights.  It's been obvious for a long time now that he does pretty much zero research on the fighters he's about to watch... last night was definitely not the first time he didn't know fighter names, weight classes, etc.

I still love the guy but it's frustrating to listen to him when it's obvious that he doesn't really care all that much about what he's watching.

3/24/13 1:28 PM
HexRei

FUTA WON (C) -  I have no idea how he gave AJ that first round from 1 knock down. AA pretty much controlled the whole round. And AA won the 3rd. IMO he wins 29-28 Phone Post

That knockdown near the end of the 1st (IIRC?) was so close to a finish I'd have to give him round 1. If the bell hadn't rung AA certainly would have been finished, hell I'd say it was stoppage territory already.
3/24/13 1:29 PM
Bam57Bam
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OMG Roman sucks we need Bas. Bas sucks we need somebody else.

C'mon guys this is ridiculous. After every fucking event I see this shit. Phone Post
3/24/13 1:45 PM
smth416
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - Bas is terrible imo, people suck his balls cause he was a pride commentator.
This Phone Post
3/24/13 1:54 PM
6ULDV8
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I helped Bas Rutten buy a belt once and when he was together with Quadros in Pride they were the best.

OP should be defenestrated, shat on, and his village should be pillaged.

3/24/13 2:08 PM
GARRYD

Edited: 03/24/13 2:08 PM
Arlovski boxing did not look as crisp as it had in recent fights or anywhere near as affective as when he fought Fedor.
3/24/13 2:12 PM
smth416
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6ULDV8 -

I helped Bas Rutten buy a belt once and when he was together with Quadros in Pride they were the best.

Who gives a fuck what he did in Pride.

He's been unprepared and awful for a long time. It's a crime that anyone would hire this guy over Pat Miletich. Phone Post
3/24/13 2:27 PM
FUTA WON (C)

6ULDV8 -

So you helped Bas buy s belt.........

Hmmmmmmmm......

I don't know if you came out of the closet yet but you may want to think about it.

ZZOMGG!!! ME AND BAS BOUGHT A BELT TOGETHER..... I HOPE HE DOES COMMENTARY FOREVER NOW!!!!! Phone Post
3/24/13 2:29 PM
FUTA WON (C)

Doctor NPD -
FUTA WON (C) -  I have to say I won't be doing these kinda threads anymore. Ever since this karma started showing all these fucking 11ers and 12ers do is vote you down. Shit is getting ridiculous. Phone Post

Or maybe people vote you down for being an absolute idiot. I'd be more inclined to assume that's the case. Also, lol at caring about getting voted down.
Awwwwwww..... did you get your picture taken with Bas too. Phone Post
3/24/13 2:39 PM
6ULDV8
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why don't you do it then OP?

If you could do a much better job then go ahead.  I look forward to it.

If not then maybe shut the fuck up a little bit, you whiny bitch.

Just throw some stuff up here of you calling fights and we'll judge you.  Scared?

3/24/13 2:48 PM
MMA Architect
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doctor NPD - 
FUTA WON (C) - 
Doctor NPD -
FUTA WON (C) -  I have to say I won't be doing these kinda threads anymore. Ever since this karma started showing all these fucking 11ers and 12ers do is vote you down. Shit is getting ridiculous. Phone Post

Or maybe people vote you down for being an absolute idiot. I'd be more inclined to assume that's the case. Also, lol at caring about getting voted down.
Awwwwwww..... did you get your picture taken with Bas too. Phone Post

I'll shit in your panties

pics please
3/24/13 2:56 PM
ranier wolfcastle
635 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i like bas

but if i had an issue it would be that his english isnt great

yet somehow hes easier to understand than tito

it was a bit shady when he would try to sell his products while announcing in pride "..buy the bas rutten big book of combat...."

i still think he and rogan would be a great team

3/24/13 3:01 PM
Haulport

all the PAID POSTERS coming out from under the rocks!!!!!!
3/24/13 3:06 PM
NorthFromHere
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Sometimes Bas tries be a comedian too hard. I wish he would focus on sharing his fighting knowledge more instead of trying make jokes all the time
3/24/13 3:07 PM
TheMessiah

i was being sarcastic... I know he isn't a play by play..

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.