UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Arlovski's downward elbows??

3/24/13 12:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
da Vinci 81
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone else notice him throwing 12-6 elbows to the backside of johnson?

Aren't those illegal or is it only to the head that's illegal??
3/24/13 12:03 AM
rockyrocks90
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i believe strikes to the spike are illegal and he threw alot of em. that being said Kevin Muholl (sp?) isnt the best ref out there
3/24/13 12:03 AM
Silhouette
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

illegal elbows and attacking the spine, was surprised the ref didnt say a thing
3/24/13 12:07 AM
ManWithTheIronFists
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it's only to the head that it's not allowed.
3/24/13 12:09 AM
Silhouette
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no 12-6 elbows period doesnt matter what body part
3/24/13 12:10 AM
Odinson
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw none to the spine. but all in all that rule is silly
3/24/13 12:32 AM
FinestScotch
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silhouette - no 12-6 elbows period doesnt matter what body part

Shitty rule regardless, but I didn't see any spine shots. Looked to me like he was aiming for organs from the back.

3/24/13 1:15 AM
HandyDarsh
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A couple were kinda close tbh Phone Post
3/24/13 2:00 AM
Large Intestine
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looked to me like he missed a lot of opportunities to hammer on that kidney, but I don't know nuthin' Phone Post
3/24/13 2:06 AM
HexRei

the spine is not he whole back guys. i thought those were hitting the lats.
3/24/13 2:37 AM
DoomFarmer

HexRei - the spine is not he whole back guys. i thought those were hitting the lats.
They were.

The Knee-jerking in hilarious. Phone Post
3/24/13 3:41 AM
Das_410
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think AA threw a few spine strikes in that fight, the ref should of fouled him for sure.

3/24/13 3:47 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
747 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rockyrocks90 - i believe strikes to the spike are illegal and he threw alot of em. that being said Kevin Muholl (sp?) isnt the best ref out there
He's actually one of the better refs out there IMO. Phone Post
3/24/13 3:53 AM
TDogg926
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw them too and was wondering the same thing. Clear as could be, . And the rev was starting at him as he did it. Not a single word. Scary. Phone Post
3/24/13 9:16 AM
donnybrook
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The rule is that 12-6 elbows (ceiling to floor) are illegal. With that being said, if a referee feels that the elbow was closer to 11-5 or 1-7 then they may choose not to call it. I try to make this clear in rules meetings to the fighters that I am refereeing. So long as it is not straight up and straight down, so long as they arc it even in the slightest, I'll have no problem with it. That way I'm still enforcing the written rule, even if I don't agree with it.

I did not see the bout in question, but I know that Kevin Mulhall is a great referee who has been around a long time. He likes to let the fighters fight and stay out of it as much as possible.
3/24/13 12:41 PM
rockyrocks90
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

donnybrook - The rule is that 12-6 elbows (ceiling to floor) are illegal. With that being said, if a referee feels that the elbow was closer to 11-5 or 1-7 then they may choose not to call it. I try to make this clear in rules meetings to the fighters that I am refereeing. So long as it is not straight up and straight down, so long as they arc it even in the slightest, I'll have no problem with it. That way I'm still enforcing the written rule, even if I don't agree with it.

I did not see the bout in question, but I know that Kevin Mulhall is a great referee who has been around a long time. He likes to let the fighters fight and stay out of it as much as possible.

What about strikes to the spine? arlovski at least i thought i saw was throwing strikes whether by fist or elbow close to the spine of Rumble. im just curious.
3/25/13 6:27 AM
donnybrook
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The spine is an illegal target from the beltline to the base of the skull, where it the foul area expands to cover the back of the head. I'll try to watch it later.
3/25/13 7:15 AM
mikerobmma
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've seen refs say that the 12-6 is illegal only to the head from mount. Plenty of times.

That being said, this confusion amongst refs for the interpretation of the unified rules is annoying. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.