UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Korean Zombie msg to GSP on FB

3/24/13 5:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Family Jules
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Dear Mr. Geroges St. Pierre

Hi, My name is Chan Sung Jung from South Korea. As one of many Koreans who like you as an incredible athlete, I feel like I should tell you that many Korean fans, including myself, were shocked to see you in your gi designed after the Japanese 'Rising Sun Flag'. For Asians, this flag is a symbol of war crimes, much like the German Hakenkreuzflagge. Did you know that? I hope not.

Just like Nazis, the Japanese also committed atrocities under the name of 'Militarism'. You can easily learn what they've done by googling (please do), although it's only the tiny tip of an enormous iceberg.

Furthermore, the Japanese Government never gave a sincere apology, and still to this day, so many victims are dying in pain, heartbroken, without being compensated. But many westerners like to wear clothes designed after the symbol under which so many war crimes and so much tragedy happened, which is ridiculous.

I know most of them are not militarists. I know most of them do not approve unjustified invasion, torture, massacre, etc. They're just ignorant. It's such a shame that many westerners are not aware of this tragic fact. Wearing Rising Sun outfits is as bad Phone Post
3/24/13 5:53 AM
Family Jules
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know most of them are not militarists. I know most of them do not approve unjustified invasion, torture, massacre, etc. They're just ignorant. It's such a shame that many westerners are not aware of this tragic fact. Wearing Rising Sun outfits is as bad as wearing clothes with the Nazi mark on it, if not worse.

Since you're influenced by Japanese Martial Arts, your wearing a headband designed after Japanese flag is understandable. But again, that huge 'Rising Sun' on your Gi means something else.

Many people say GSP is the best Welterweight fighter throughout history, to which I totally agree. This means you have a great influence on every single fan of yours all around the world. And I do believe your wearing 'the symbol of War Crime' is a very bad example for them, not to mention for yourself.

So, what do you reckon?
Do you want to wear the same Gi next time as well?". Phone Post
3/24/13 5:56 AM
MMOZ
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Next main event he should just go full SS uniform IMO. Phone Post
3/24/13 5:56 AM
dbeedy
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting... Phone Post
3/24/13 5:57 AM
And Wagners Cut
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this real? Phone Post
3/24/13 6:00 AM
Family Jules

And Wagners Cut - Is this real? Phone Post
Yes, KZ posted this on his facebook 1 hr ago. Phone Post
3/24/13 6:03 AM
Champology
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gsp's facebook handlers haven't seen this yet, and Gsp is busy sipping on pina coladas and thinking about a 5 round decision vs hendricks
6ULDV8
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Rising Sun Flag (??? Kyokujitsu-ki?) is the military flag of Japan.[1] It was used as the war flag of the Imperial Japanese Army and the ensign of the Imperial Japanese Navy until the end of World War II. The naval ensign and a modified version of the war flag continue to be in use by the Japan Self-Defense Forces, the design is also incorporated into many commercial products and advertisements. However, as the flag was used by the Japanese in the conquest and occupation of East Asia and during the war in the Pacific, it is seen as offensive in countries where it is considered to be associated with Japanese militarism and imperialism.[2][3]

TheGreatGodMARS
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I somewhat agree with what hes saying.
My great uncle fought in WW2,he was really into the Japanese culture,had some swords and armor and a room full of Japanese art,but he refused to own anything with the rising sun. Phone Post
3/24/13 6:05 AM
Family Jules

Its the same as someone wearing a gi with a swastika. Phone Post
3/24/13 6:05 AM
6ULDV8
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanking_Massacre

3/24/13 6:06 AM
myee8

MMOZ - Next main event he should just go full SS uniform IMO. Phone Post
And do the seig heil salute while marching into the stadium... Phone Post
3/24/13 6:30 AM
nubp
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in
3/24/13 6:39 AM
simpsonaye
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotImpressedByYourScreenName - See now this is where Calo would come to the party with some insight based on his personal experience living / fighting / rebuilding in china / Japan.

This place has lost it's zing without sC.

Ok I'm gonna go hose out my sandy vag and eat peanut butter straight out the jar Phone Post
I'll bring a spoon Phone Post
3/24/13 6:43 AM
MMAdotCOM

Why is the US flag not seen as an offensive symbol for military atrocities, unjustified invasions, massacres, torture, etc? I know it will be when the country is re-structured into something else and they have a different flag.
3/24/13 6:47 AM
meekie01

Wow... I guess the person he hired to dress him is getting sacked... im pretty sure a true martial artist would know the history Phone Post
3/24/13 6:48 AM
ThEUniT

MMAdotCOM - Why is the US flag not seen as an offensive symbol for military atrocities, unjustified invasions, massacres, torture, etc? I know it will be when the country is re-structured into something else and they have a different flag.
You can argue that for many symbols. In a way GSP having a different use or meaning than the Japanese makes it different and is progress. Phone Post
3/24/13 6:50 AM
KingInFishnetsBottomingBetas

GSP being the worldly, cultured canadian that he is, I'm sure already knows of this, but cares not. I was wondering why he would come out in that gi, thought it a bit strange, but nothing serious.
3/24/13 6:51 AM
Bucephalus

I said that same shit on this forum years ago and was attacked and called a troll.

It's absolutely true. It's the equivalent of wearing a swastika.
3/24/13 6:54 AM
Pancake Syrup
521 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TKZ can type in english? I agree with him though if that is him
3/24/13 7:05 AM
Steve4192
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KZ is 100% correct

It boggles my mind that more westerners don't understand that the rising sun is every bit as bad as the swastika. Imperial Japan did some horrific shit under that flag. The Japanese were even more brutal and sadistic than the Nazis.
3/24/13 7:15 AM
KZTT_W85
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interdasting Phone Post
3/24/13 7:17 AM
simpsonaye
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotImpressedByYourScreenName -
simpsonaye -
NotImpressedByYourScreenName - See now this is where Calo would come to the party with some insight based on his personal experience living / fighting / rebuilding in china / Japan.

This place has lost it's zing without sC.

Ok I'm gonna go hose out my sandy vag and eat peanut butter straight out the jar Phone Post
I'll bring a spoon Phone Post
I was gonna go full fatboy retard and use my fingers but ok, let's stay civilized and use a spoon?? Phone Post
I don't think my fat fingers will fit in the jar :( Phone Post
3/24/13 7:17 AM
Madrugadao

I had no idea.

It's funny, we laugh when the Japanese kids dress up like Nazis, yet we have been doing the exact same thing foe even longer.
3/24/13 7:18 AM
Allen Hood

Damn Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.