UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> WSoF suspensions: Arlovski out with broken jaw

3/24/13 8:52 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1033 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Anthony Johnson ‏@Anthony_Rumble
@AndreiArlovski i hope you are doing ok bro. Heal up fast and get back at it. God bless

WSoF 2 Medical Suspensions issued by the New Jersey State Athletic Commission:

Anthony Johnson: Suspended indefinitely, pending orthopaedic clearance of right hand.
Andrei Arlovski : Suspended indefinitely, pending oral surgeon clearance of jaw.
Tyson Nam: Suspended 30 days, for KO.
Marlon Moraes: Suspended indefinitely, pending x-rays of right hand and right foot.
Paulo Filho: Suspended indefinitely, pending CT head scan; 30 days for recovery.
Josh Burkman: Suspended indefinitely, pending x-ray of right wrist/hand.
Aaron Simpson: Suspended indefinitely, pending CT head scan and facial bones; 60 days for KO.
Gesias Cavalcante: uspended 60 days, for laceration.
Justin Gaethje: Suspended indefinitely, pending x-ray of right thumb.
Alexandre Pimentel: Suspended indefinitely, pending CT head scan, 60 days for KO.
Cameron Dollar: Suspended 30 days for KO.
Igor Gracie: Suspended indefinitely, pending orthopaedic clearance of right clavicle.
Tom Marcellino: Suspended indefinitely, pending CT head scan, neurology clearance, and orthopaedic clearance of right foot.

The most dramatic injury of the evening was to Andrei Arlovksi's jaw, and teeth. What appears to be a break and missing teeth likely occured at the end of the first round, when Johnson knocked Arlovski down twice.

The bout likely would have stopped then, but Arlovski was saved by the bell. There are reports that the bell sounded 8 or 9 seconds too late. Arlovski fought valiantly for the next two rounds, ultimately losing a unanimous decision to Anthony Johnson.

3/24/13 8:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheParrot
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The bout likely would have stopped then, but Arlovski was saved by the bell, and fought valiantly for the next two rounds, ultimately winning a unanimous decision over the the former three-time UFC heavyweight champion.

huh?

3/24/13 8:59 AM
Kirik
1599 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
TheParrot - 

The bout likely would have stopped then, but Arlovski was saved by the bell, and fought valiantly for the next two rounds, ultimately winning a unanimous decision over the the former three-time UFC heavyweight champion.

huh?

I sent Chris a note to be more careful, voted you up, and added 30 days to membership.

3/24/13 9:00 AM
Dingleberry Flopdoink The 3rd
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Johnson won the decision. OP didn't proofread. Phone Post
3/24/13 9:14 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forget the OP's disaster. Here's the fight, go check it out yourselves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JJmzEzPe6M Phone Post
3/24/13 9:16 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Dingleberry Flopdoink The 3rd - Johnson won the decision. OP didn't proofread. Phone Post
He also typed a double 'the' towards the end. The news page on this site is hilarious!

I no longer trust anything I read there ha ha :D Phone Post
3/24/13 9:17 AM
sparkuri

If I hadn't watched the fight, and just read that list of suspensions, I'd have thought this was Vale Tudo in a back alley.
Good to see they're putting safety first. Phone Post
3/24/13 9:18 AM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
Speedy recovery to all of the injured fighters. Thank you for putting on a show.
3/24/13 9:23 AM
Calavaro
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paulo Filho: Suspended indefinitely, pending CT head scan

Considering the way he fought, sounds about right.

And it was a great event, Bas was better than usual. Seems he has got his head right now.

3/24/13 9:25 AM
Kostakio
443 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dingleberry Flopdoink The 3rd - Johnson won the decision. OP didn't proofread. Phone Post
Relax. Humans make mistakes. Phone Post
3/24/13 9:30 AM
mcq
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Immaculata - Speedy recovery to all of the injured fighters. Thank you for putting on a show.
Qft Phone Post
3/24/13 9:39 AM
guardbr8kr

Damn !!! Where can I watch the replay of this event?
3/24/13 9:42 AM
mixedmartialmike

Great event. Man, Arlovski was tough as hell and hung in there with that cracked jaw. Was great to see both main eventers show respect after the fight. Phone Post
3/24/13 10:46 AM
youarewhatiswrong
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The bell sounded 8 or 9 seconds too late? Thats an eternity if you are trying to defend yourself and recover. Kind of a big deal.
3/24/13 10:58 AM
mmavixen
1112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mixedmartialmike - Great event. Man, Arlovski was tough as hell and hung in there with that cracked jaw. Was great to see both main eventers show respect after the fight. Phone Post
This. I owe you a vote up when I get to the computer. Phone Post
3/24/13 11:01 AM
SLUGSHOT_331
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So much for Andrei having a glass jaw.  He fought through it like a boss.  Sad to see him lose as he's one of my favorites, but both he and AJ brought it last night.  Hope he has a speedy recovery.

3/24/13 11:04 AM
SLUGSHOT_331
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta - 
SLUGSHOT_331 -

So much for Andrei having a glass jaw.  He fought through it like a boss.  Sad to see him lose as he's one of my favorites, but both he and AJ brought it last night.  Hope he has a speedy recovery.

In the literal sense, it did break...just sayin'.... :-) Phone Post

You know what I meant.

3/24/13 11:13 AM
Dedicated1

Couple things.... 1) regarding the "reporting" and relaxing because humans make mistakes, is this supposed to be a real news source, and is the writer considered a real writer/journalist? If so, then editing is essential, and mistakes are not as forgiveable as they would be in a normal message board post. If you make mistakes at your job, do you tell your boss 'relax, humans make mistakes'?

2) To gain so much weight while none of it being in a giant Roy Nelson sized gut while training in a camp full of guys who piss hot sounds like PED's, and destroying a guys jaw and teeth is the price that people pay when thorough testing is not conducted and rules aren't followed and penalties aren't paid.
3/24/13 11:23 AM
Dogman

Dedicated1 - Couple things.... 1) regarding the "reporting" and relaxing because humans make mistakes, is this supposed to be a real news source, and is the writer considered a real writer/journalist? If so, then editing is essential, and mistakes are not as forgiveable as they would be in a normal message board post. If you make mistakes at your job, do you tell your boss 'relax, humans make mistakes'?

2) To gain so much weight while none of it being in a giant Roy Nelson sized gut while training in a camp full of guys who piss hot sounds like PED's, and destroying a guys jaw and teeth is the price that people pay when thorough testing is not conducted and rules aren't followed and penalties aren't paid.

your # 2 is total horse shit it wasn't like he was overeem jacked he was soft and has been known to bloon up in weights. stop talking out ur arse!
3/24/13 11:27 AM
Dedicated1

right. keep telling yourself that. no one does steroids or straight TRT.
3/24/13 12:17 PM
Natsirt
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just watched the fight and the bell at the end of the 1st round was EASILY 7 or 8 seconds late. Arlovski has a legitimate complaint. If the bell had ended the round at the proper time, AA wouldn't have got his jaw broken at the end of the 1st and it would have been a different fight. WTF WSOF?!?!

3/24/13 12:32 PM
rushinbear
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I rewatched it and it was about 8 seconds after the clock on the tv display and 4 seconds after you could near the mat pounding signifying 10 seconds remaining. So yes, the round was too long and at the wrong time for Arlovski.
3/24/13 1:28 PM
ranier wolfcastle
843 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

they say he has a glass jaw

but it broke, and he kept on fighting, probably shoulda won

respect.

3/24/13 2:36 PM
StratTone
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/24/13 2:41 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 
He also typed a double 'the' towards the end. The news page on this site is hilarious!

I no longer trust anything I read there ha ha :D Phone Post

Very true but now we know there is a gold mine of 30 day memberships if we point them out!!!   Haha

3/24/13 2:39 PM
Dingleberry Flopdoink The 3rd
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kostakio -
Relax. Humans make mistakes. Phone Post
Relax? I was replying to the guy that posted the quote with the question mark. I posted at about the same time as Kirik. Wasn't trying to be a dick. Why don't you relax your ass kissing? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.