UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> ESPN piece on kid with Down syndrome training MMA

3/26/13 1:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
vazzo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Inspirational to normal folk that bitch and complain about life when they have no "real" reason to. RESPECT G MONEY!!! Phone Post
3/26/13 1:27 AM
EVIL YOSHI
722 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whew, thought this was going to be ANOTHER LeBron James interview. Phone Post
3/26/13 1:50 AM
JackFunk
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very gentlemanly of his opponent to test him a bit, but not go 100%.

It got a little dusty in here when they were showing him working with the little groms.

3/26/13 2:31 AM
UGCTT_SidRival
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Later Phone Post
3/26/13 3:59 AM
XIII
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
3/26/13 4:52 AM
ViciousCesar
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cool story. badass kid.
3/26/13 6:00 AM
KC007

What a powerful scene when he said "I did it Baga...I did it." Phone Post
3/26/13 6:31 AM
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One word:

Inspirational! Phone Post
3/26/13 8:43 AM
ric482

Great to see that a guy with his level of disability find focus with martial arts, it's stuff like this that remind me why I got into martial arts in the first place;bullied, disabled, disadvantaged kids should always be welcome at an MMA gym, if you can find the heart inside yourself then go for it, don't let anyone stop you. Phone Post
3/26/13 9:09 AM
TheWrist

That is awesome .We started to coaching young man with Downs about a month ago at Capital .It's cool to see that the sport has so many good people in it . Phone Post
3/26/13 9:22 AM
AnthonyMMA
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ATT wouldn't put someone that wasn't ready out there to get hurt. I would hope. Phone Post
3/26/13 10:02 AM
The Destroyer88

Guy is a bad ass for even stepping into a ring, something 99.9% of us will never do. Sure he'll never be champion but just getting in there, disability or not, get my respect.
3/26/13 10:42 AM
dhughes
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a great story! Those who are commenting without watching the video should do themselves a favor and actually take the time to view it.
3/26/13 10:48 AM
I hate links & marketing

Card -

Has that look in his eyes... very cool.

Making fun of a disabled guy's face, when he is trying to overcome limitations and judgement by doing the sport he loves.

You win the potbellied, mouthbreathing, matted neckbeard faggot of the year. Phone Post
3/26/13 11:01 AM
A Samoan Busted My Dutchman
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very inspirational! Phone Post
3/26/13 11:35 AM
thenino
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for G-money
3/26/13 11:37 AM
DaleSonnen

Great story, really happy to hear he's able to fight. From the looks of the vid he's definitely legit. Its also awesome they were able to find someone who would fight him (Props to the "Monster"). I hope his story doesn't end there, i would love to see his next fight as well. Nice to see stuff like this on here.
3/26/13 12:20 PM
judofreak717
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR Garret. Go G-money
3/26/13 12:25 PM
Zenoplata
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome story. Tons of respect for G-money and for Stephan Bonnar.

3/26/13 12:41 PM
pennviachoke
925 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great story, got a lil dust in my eyes while watching but I enjoyed it.
What an inspiring story! Phone Post
3/26/13 1:34 PM
reagan123
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

S Phone Post
3/26/13 2:00 PM
aarondramp
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FRAT warning.

I didn't see his opponent wasn't going hard.

This is his opponent's quote:

"So after this he's gonna feel better about everything, like, he's actually been through a real fight."

If the opponent was going easy on him then I have no real issue with this.

However, if his opponent was trying to knock him out and submit him, then as a parent to a kid with DS, I don't know how you can justify putting in someone with the mental abilities of an 8 or 9 year old out there.

I do strongly agree that some of the limitations that parents of special needs children are silly, and we should let each person set their own limitations. I just cannot sign off on letting someone with those mental limitations fight in a real fight because I don't think they can truly understand the consequences to a severe knock out or what happens if you don't tap.

Again, if his opponent was taking it easy on him but just giving him some good stiff punches, then that changes everything.

With all of that said, when he told his coach, "I did it," it got a little dusty in my office.
3/26/13 2:40 PM
Winston Wolf

aarondramp - FRAT warning.

"So after this he's gonna feel better about everything, like, he's actually been through a real fight."

However, if his opponent was trying to knock him out and submit him, then as a parent to a kid with DS, I don't know how you can justify putting in someone with the mental abilities of an 8 or 9 year old out there.

I do strongly agree that some of the limitations that parents of special needs children are silly, and we should let each person set their own limitations. I just cannot sign off on letting someone with those mental limitations fight in a real fight because I don't think they can truly understand the consequences to a severe knock out or what happens if you don't tap.

Again, if his opponent was taking it easy on him but just giving him some good stiff punches, then that changes everything.

With all of that said, when he told his coach, "I did it," it got a little dusty in my office.

to each his own HISSSSSS dad thought it was alright he made the call Its his call nobody elses.HIs dad IMO is a hero so is the kid
3/26/13 2:48 PM
CJJScout
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His parents are awesome, good for this kid!
3/26/13 2:50 PM
aarondramp
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winston Wolf - 
aarondramp - FRAT warning.

to each his own HISSSSSS dad thought it was alright he made the call Its his call nobody elses.HIs dad IMO is a hero so is the kid

I agree, but I also have seen videos where dads authorize street fights for their kids. I am not saying that his dad this, but if we simply say that it's up to each parent what their kids do, then we have a slippery slope.

I'm also not sure it's the dad's decision to sign off on it since he's an adult.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.