UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Askren offers takedown challenge to GSP, White

3/25/13 10:46 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Askren's blunt critiques on Twitter have prompted a swarm of responses from St-Pierre fans. Few are complimentary, but the 28-year-old laughs it off.

"I don't event read them," he said. "I scroll though them. But I've got so much harassment from GSP supporters this past week that it's hilarious."

Askren even issued a challenge to UFC President Dana White. He said at the next UFC Fan Expo, he wants to wrestle St-Pierre for $1,000 per takedown. He was even willing to give White, a known gambler, 3-to-1 odds. He got no response. ("Maybe I'll make him another offer – 5-to-1. Maybe he'll think that's fair," Askren joked.)

"I think obviously if we fought, I'd create scrambles I'd win," he said. "And the other thing we saw – and I know (trainer) Firas Zahabi is making excuses – he got tired. He got really tired in the third, fourth and fifth round against Nick Diaz. But Diaz just doesn't have the power to put GSP on his butt or put pressure on him.

"Nick Diaz just didn't have the skill set he needed to beat him. I do"

read entire article...

3/25/13 10:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMA Playwrite
793 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL@that challenge. He should challenge him to a 100m dash and a pullup contest while he's at it.
3/25/13 10:58 AM
mma trane
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would rather see fitch vs askren imo. Excited to hear how bad that fight would get booed
Wsof/bjorn make it happen
3/25/13 10:59 AM
ChaosOverkill
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/25/13 10:59 AM

Barely beat Hieron if at all, this delusion is thick

He couldn't even shake Hieron's hand after the fight he was so butthurt he got exposed

3/25/13 11:00 AM
vaginal tear
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
3/25/13 11:01 AM
NJstileNJ
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

they should just do one cross promotion super fight so we dont have to hear this guy talk anymore. He's good not as good as GSP...I think Hendricks would beat both
3/25/13 11:04 AM
Ironhouse
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I challenge GSP to a thumb wrestling battle! After that I challenge him to a chubby bunny competition!
3/25/13 11:04 AM
Jambo888
593 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

$1,000 a takedown. hahaha. for that kind of cash how can Dana resist?

3/25/13 11:06 AM
ChaosOverkill
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/25/13 11:06 AM

Maybe Askren should be asking Bjorn why they barely test in Bellator and where he's going to find real tests for him and why Bjorn ducked signing Fitch

3/25/13 11:07 AM
crumbs
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Askren would be foolish to judge GSP's wrestling off the DIaz fight( which is why I think he's trolling, he can't be that dumb) He even mentions GSP getting tired in the championship rounds, that should signal a red flag for him, when has GSP ever been tired in the championship rounds.

If askren is as good as he thinks, maybe one day he will face 8 years of the worlds best, spending fortunes on training camps to beat him. As GSP does.
3/25/13 11:07 AM
vaginal tear
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jambo888 -

Right? His biggest PPV draw coming off an ACL tear? Phone Post
3/25/13 11:08 AM
Steve4192
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jambo888 - 

Agreed.

In Dana's world, $1000 is a tip, not a wager.

Better add a couple of zeros Ben. Then you might get his attention.
3/25/13 11:09 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love to Askren in the UFC. Yes he is incredible boring to watch but i would at least be interested to see how his wrestling skills hold up against some decent fighters.

Lombard was also suppose to be impossible to hold down yet Boetsch and Okami handled him with easy.

Askren is ofcource a slightly different animal but he still looks small to me in most of his fights. Perhaps i am wrong but i have a feeling that will have a more negative impact on his abilties to win fights in the UFC then it does in Bellator.

Fitch vs Askren would be good to see as well. Perhaps WSOF and Bellator could do a co promotion? Phone Post
3/25/13 11:09 AM
I hate links & marketing

Askren is waaaay too overrated on the UG Phone Post
3/25/13 11:13 AM
Steve4192
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Michai -  Fucking laughable. Gsp would take him down in the first 5 seconds. I'd bet my house on it. Phone Post

In an MMA environment?

Absolutely.

In a wrestling match?

Not a chance.

GSP has the best wrestling-for-MMA in the sport, but Askren would demolish him in a wrestling match.
3/25/13 11:14 AM
3rdLion
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Askren you may or may not be the better wrestler but GSP is the better fighter, and that's what is important.
3/25/13 11:16 AM
ChaosOverkill

This also shows how bored he is with Bellator now, and how piss poor their challenges are for him even though Hieron already showed him his holes.

3/25/13 11:25 AM
Lite
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dumb. Of course Askren is a better pure wrestler. But, but, mma ain't pure wrestling. What would be the point?
3/25/13 11:27 AM
iGnarly

Ben who?

Ben Henderson is fighting Gilbert Melendez live and free on UFC on Fox 7 on April 20th. yw Dana
3/25/13 11:32 AM
Authority Figure

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes - 
MMA Playwrite - LOL@that challenge. He should challenge him to a 100m dash and a pullup contest while he's at it.
He should challenge him to an exciting fighter competition. It'll end in the most boring draw MMA has ever seen. Phone Post

doh!

3/25/13 11:34 AM
ChaosOverkill

lol yes his holes, dirrty dirty holes

3/25/13 11:38 AM
BJ_Penmanship
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LoLz

Askren = Koschek without a punching ability.

zzzzzzzzz Phone Post
3/25/13 11:42 AM
PrestigeWorldwide
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This further proves how bored champs get in other orgs after they are constantly being fed slapdicks for challengers.

But askren really stands no chance against GSP and he should focus on who his next challenger will be after their little tournament is over. Phone Post
3/25/13 11:47 AM
Ironhouse

He might be able to out wrassle GSP if he only has to worry about wrassling. But when he has to worry about a jab breaking his orbital bone it quickly becomes a different story. The most impressive thing about GSP is that he continues to win because he has mastered the basics to a degree that other people don't know how to deal with him.
3/25/13 11:48 AM
Steve4192

BJ_Penmanship -  LoLz

Askren = Koschek without a punching ability.

zzzzzzzzz Phone Post

So ... nothing like Koscheck at all.

Once Koscheck learned how to fight, he became a very entertaining fighter. He was a boring blanket for his first couple of years after TUF, but ever since then he has been an action fighter. Ben Askren isn't fit to carry Koscheck's jock strap when it comes to evolution as a fighter.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.