UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fowlkes: How can WSoF avoid dying?

3/26/13 2:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BiggRiggWreckedGQ -
Haulport - Fuck that joke of a "reporter" Ben calling FIGHTERS "castoffs". He is just another SHILL repeating what the Zuffa PR people tell him to say.

Fuck you Ben, why don't you get in the cage against Andrei and AJ and call them castoffs? If you want to say they where once with the UFC or Zuffa then call them "former" exclusively. Using the term "castoff" is incredibly derogatory and disrespectful.

Fucking Keyboard Warrior........
Ben Fowlkes is arguably the best writer in MMA at the moment.

I know you like to rail against all things Zuffa, but in all cases he mentioned except Arlovski(because he chose to leave), they are cast-offs. They got cut. Pretending otherwise because you hate big bad Zuffa doesn't change that fact. Phone Post
He isn't even trying to give his opinion on how good they are at fighting. Just giving his opinion on the business sense of using former UFC fighters as your stars. Phone Post
3/26/13 2:37 PM
smoogy
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The problem with trying to build an MMA brand is that nobody is particularly interested in MMA brands -- especially brands that are built upon the spare parts of another brand. WSOF needs to cut salary big time and refocus on building big fights, not ludicrously expensive cards full of fighters making money only UFC can afford to dole out
3/26/13 4:09 PM
CindyO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haulport - Fuck that joke of a "reporter" Ben calling FIGHTERS "castoffs". He is just another SHILL repeating what the Zuffa PR people tell him to say.

Fuck you Ben, why don't you get in the cage against Andrei and AJ and call them castoffs? If you want to say they where once with the UFC or Zuffa then call them "former" exclusively. Using the term "castoff" is incredibly derogatory and disrespectful.

Love me some HP but LOL@ this mini melt down! Examples of Ben's Zuffa shilling, please? Thanks!

Cindy

3/26/13 4:49 PM
slamming

Haulport - Fuck that joke of a "reporter" Ben calling FIGHTERS "castoffs". He is just another SHILL repeating what the Zuffa PR people tell him to say.

Mmmm dat meltdown.

Such an angry man for someone that doesn't know the meaning of castoff. Phone Post
3/26/13 5:00 PM
Haulport

Whatever.

Every article I have ever read from Ben comes off like a Jason Whitlock wannabe article (and I despise Whitlock's sensational, yellow-journalism style) and here Fowlkes is disparaging fighters, making it seem like they are garbage jettisoned from Zuffa.

It is all about the CONTEXT and WORDING and you people seem pretty incapable of understanding what is going on here. I guess that's why this kind of shit WORKS.......
3/26/13 5:21 PM
Haulport

BiggRiggWreckedGQ - 

Ben Fowlkes is arguably the best writer in MMA at the moment.

I know you like to rail against all things Zuffa, but in all cases he mentioned except Arlovski(because he chose to leave), they are cast-offs. They got cut. Pretending otherwise because you hate big bad Zuffa doesn't change that fact. Phone Post

Best writer in MMA, LOL!

- First, even the upper echelons of sports writers are despicable HACKS
- 2nd, saying Ben is the best writer in MMA is like saying he's the smartest kid in the retard class
- 3rd, guys like Jack Slack make Ben's "reporting" look like the complete joke that it is. And there are others like Zach Arnold who also run circles around that guy.

And the way that Zuffa plays things is such that they turn anyone who isn't under contract with them currently into a "castoff" and undesirable and they make sure to let everyone know that if you ain't under Zuffa there is something wrong with you. This is why Dana feels compelled to comment on EVERYONE who is not under contract or cut like a mid-level guy like Riddle.

So please....let's not get this twisted...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.