UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jackson’s MMA says No to Melvin Guillard

3/25/13 6:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rudi - 
Condit's Face Broke My Hand -
Ranman -  He should train with the Diaz bros and learn some sub defense. Phone Post

He needs a lot more mental advice than technical advice.

Team quest? Phone Post

I don't know just some place very structured with people that can/will hold him accountable and keep his ego and stuff in check. I think AKA is his best option

3/25/13 6:42 PM
Rudi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rudi - 
Ranman -  He should train with the Diaz bros and learn some sub defense. Phone Post

He needs a lot more mental advice than technical advice.

Team quest? Phone Post

I don't know just some place very structured with people that can/will hold him accountable and keep his ego and stuff in check. I think AKA is his best option

Chael Sonnen can help with his melvin's mental state and he can learn better wrestling and takedown defense with chael and okami. Phone Post
3/25/13 6:50 PM
Bailx
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought he was with the Blackzillions... He should go up to Oregon and TRANE with Chael Sonnen IMO. I think Chael upsets Jones, and even if he doesn't Melvin should focus on his wrestling/jits... he's already sick on the feet.
3/25/13 6:52 PM
Bailx
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i love how i did not read this thread but somehow the dude above me also mentioned Chael Sonnen... melvin is a very gifted fighter... he can take the belt, if he has the right people around him... but his window is closing...needs to make some smart decisions.
3/25/13 7:18 PM
dmjr98
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

melvin is disloyal and he appears to be reaping what he has sown. hes said some disloyal things in regaurds to his "blackzillian" teammates on twitter after some of their loses so im happy he left
3/25/13 7:19 PM
neibs

Melvin's got great knockouts but his word doesn't mean much anymore. He seems to talk down anywhere he once was. He blames his previous coaches for his losses not himself. Phone Post
3/25/13 7:20 PM
Mit
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bailx - i love how i did not read this thread but somehow the dude above me also mentioned Chael Sonnen... melvin is a very gifted fighter... he can take the belt, if he has the right people around him... but his window is closing...needs to make some smart decisions.

I agree with this....his striking is excellent now he needs to hone his wrestling and Bjj which i'm almost positive he disregards. And he needs a tactician like Jackson to put together a game plan.
3/25/13 7:39 PM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever

big_roy_fan - welcome to my world lol.

whatever i don't see how that is baiting people..

i just post how i feel and everyone always acts like i have a side motive for posting certain things, but i don't, i just type what i feel is right.

until melvin guillard, or gsp test positive, people saying their on steroids does not hold any weight.

is that any better?
To be fair, this thread is about Melvin and you brought gsp into it... I know it's a flavour of the month situation to make fun or accuse or poke at gsp but it does get old. Phone Post
3/25/13 7:41 PM
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit's Face Broke My Hand - 
Santino DeFranco - He should go to the MMA Lab with Benson, Efrain, Riggs, and a TON of others. Crouch is really good at getting people back on track, and back into the game.

John Crouch and The MMA Lab!
That'd be a great move Phone Post

Wait, isn't MVA helping them now?

3/25/13 7:48 PM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mit -
Bailx - i love how i did not read this thread but somehow the dude above me also mentioned Chael Sonnen... melvin is a very gifted fighter... he can take the belt, if he has the right people around him... but his window is closing...needs to make some smart decisions.

I agree with this....his striking is excellent now he needs to hone his wrestling and Bjj which i'm almost positive he disregards. And he needs a tactician like Jackson to put together a game plan.
He has "game planned" before, vs. Camoes and Stephens most recently. He barely scraped by. He will be 30 in a few days, he doesn't have time on his side to hone the skills he should have been honing this whole time.

He KO's guys that he's expected to, and gets spanked around when he steps up in competition.

He's shown he is not a contender and at this point it is safe to say he never will be. He is baseballs definition of a quad A player, too good for the minors and can't put it together in the big show. Phone Post
3/25/13 7:51 PM
MasterofMartialArts
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

big_roy_fan -
Willin - 

It looks like Melvin is on the same diet as Overeem and Vitor...

if you are insinuating that he is on TRT you are wrong, melvin wouldn't do that, he's never tested positive for anything except cocaine. he's always looked ripped and had explosiveness.

saying melvin is on PED's is like saying GSP is on ped's, they both look shredded every fight and netiher have ever tested positive (cocaine, okay, but coke ain't TRT or roids.)
This coming from the guy who insinuates that all PRIDE fighters juiced, and the only reason they weren't successful in the UFC is because they drug test? What a taste of hypocrisy. Phone Post
3/25/13 7:59 PM
NavyCorpsmanBaraodMySN
680 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn that's gotta be rough, but I guess you can't say it's too surprising. Phone Post
3/25/13 8:07 PM
Mudderfaeg
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Train with Cesar Gracie lol Phone Post
3/25/13 8:10 PM
raf_269
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Melvin seems too egotistical and disloyal. Good on Jackson's camp for not taking him back if true. You reap what you sow.

3/25/13 8:18 PM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
KevinMcAllister - 
Mit -

He has "game planned" before, vs. Camoes and Stephens most recently. He barely scraped by. He will be 30 in a few days, he doesn't have time on his side to hone the skills he should have been honing this whole time.

He KO's guys that he's expected to, and gets spanked around when he steps up in competition.

He's shown he is not a contender and at this point it is safe to say he never will be. He is baseballs definition of a quad A player, too good for the minors and can't put it together in the big show. Phone Post

Can't put it together in the big show?  He's going on an 8 year career in the UFC.  Even if he were cut today, I'd call that a success and he's won more than he's lost.  Not everyone can be champ.

I was disputing the people above saying he can be a future champ. Phone Post
3/25/13 8:19 PM
tres_equis_666
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
3/25/13 8:35 PM
SesameTako

Seems like Greg gets blasted when he accepts a fighter against a current member's wishes (Rashad & Jones). Now he gets blasted for not accepting someone when the team has a full roster of 155 contenders.

He did the right thing and made it a team vote. He learned his lesson and people are still calling blame...
3/25/13 9:23 PM
ohyoumeanmma
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not the biggest jackson fan, but guillard burned all the bridges two times over with what he said
3/25/13 9:35 PM
Jaybrone
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/25/13 9:37 PM
Jaybrone
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BshMstr - 
stevekt -  Did Melvin talk smack about Jackson's? I was under the impression he had clean friendly separation. Phone Post

he ran his mouth about Mike VanArsdale, and the lack of personal attention from the other coaches...

He also talked all kinds of stuff about Cerrone and training before their fight if I remember right.

3/25/13 9:38 PM

Jaybrone - 
BshMstr - 
stevekt -  Did Melvin talk smack about Jackson's? I was under the impression he had clean friendly separation. Phone Post

he ran his mouth about Mike VanArsdale, and the lack of personal attention from the other coaches...

He also talked all kinds of stuff about Cerrone and training before their fight if I remember right.

Which would have been pretty silly since every rumor and talk going around was that Cerrone owned him in practice

3/25/13 10:06 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

SesameTako - Seems like Greg gets blasted when he accepts a fighter against a current member's wishes (Rashad & Jones). Now he gets blasted for not accepting someone when the team has a full roster of 155 contenders.

He did the right thing and made it a team vote. He learned his lesson and people are still calling blame...
Difference is that Melvin isn't a contender at this point. He's just a fighter. He had no problem brining in fighters that were contenders. That's why this is hypocritical. Phone Post
3/25/13 10:12 PM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 
SesameTako - Seems like Greg gets blasted when he accepts a fighter against a current member's wishes (Rashad & Jones). Now he gets blasted for not accepting someone when the team has a full roster of 155 contenders.

Difference is that Melvin isn't a contender at this point. He's just a fighter. He had no problem brining in fighters that were contenders. That's why this is hypocritical. Phone Post

Huh? Do you have some inside information to illuminate why this is hypocritical? There could be many different reasons for this and if the team voted on it, it's hard to make the case for hypocrisy.

You are one of the more logic challenged posters on this site.
3/25/13 10:16 PM
Bromovich
475 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's gotta hoit. Phone Post
3/25/13 10:39 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

BigSleep -
Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 

Huh? Do you have some inside information to illuminate why this is hypocritical? There could be many different reasons for this and if the team voted on it, it's hard to make the case for hypocrisy.

You are one of the more logic challenged posters on this site.
It's Greg's team. He runs shit. What happened when hashad objected to jones coming over? Jackson overruled him saying they wouldn't fight. Well they did fight and hashad is no longer with them. Same thing happened to Diego/ Gsp. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.