UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jackson’s MMA says No to Melvin Guillard

3/27/13 10:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blunderhooks - 
Card -

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/03/melvin-guillard-not-welcome-at-team-jackson-winkeljohn-facing-assault-charges

Adding to concerns, Guillard has two outstanding assault charges against him from separate incidents in Albuquerque in 2010, records show.

Guillard was unreachable for comment, and his last known management firm, Authentic Sports Management, refused to confirm whether he is still a client.

According to Bernalillo County (N.M.) court records, Guillard currently faces five charges: two misdemeanor counts of aggravated battery, to which he pled not guilty. Three misdemeanor counts of failure to appear in court were settled. A jury trial on the assault charges is set for April 10, where he faces six months in jail for each count, in addition to fines and probation.
Sounds like the perfect fit would be Team Lloyd Irvin. Phone Post

Thats a little harsh....

Melvin might have fucked up but what he done is nowhere near as evil and despicable as what Irvin did.

Ofcource it is always hard to judge these type of things. But i would hardly think that Melvin assaulted woman repeatedly. He did not rape them or pray on underaged girls either. So a comparison between Melvin and Irvin is not exactly apt. Melvin simple does not deserve to be mentioned in such company.

3/30/13 4:15 PM
Mit
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2moves - Look at one of the very first seasons of the Ultimate Fighter and listen to Melvin talk about how great he is. Then listen to him now. Do you notice any changes? Probably not. He is still the same guy. Amazing potential but a lack of discipline. From the time of that show to now he could have developed a good ground game to go along with his striking. Did he?
I have always enjoyed watching Melvin fight. But his game planning in the ring and outside of it leaves a lot to be desired and is the primary reason why he will probably always be a middle of the road kind of guy.
Melvin cited his apparent physique as being one of the reasons he would prevail over a few of opponents. Making informed decisions may not be his strong suit. Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 4:27 PM
man meets fate
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have not seen one piece of evidence except a bunch of he said-she said to belive irvin is a rapist.

Just sayin....
3/30/13 4:43 PM
defusion

Cant blame Team JAckson telling him where to go!

3/30/13 4:48 PM
Kings21
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man meets fate - I have not seen one piece of evidence except a bunch of he said-she said to belive irvin is a rapist.

Just sayin....

I know that trying to rape someone and not being able to get it up is technically not raping someone but he did admit to participating in a rape and wanting to actually penetrate the girl. Same boat as far as I'm concerned.
3/30/13 4:50 PM
Jason Reinhardt
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what ever happened about guys thinking first about LOYALTY, and the repercussions of their decisions? I'm just sayin in general, and not gearing this towards Melvin, because often times Loyalty is a 2 way street and i don't know the back story regarding Melvin and Jacksons MMA. But i do know many guys need to have more Loyalty and not forget who helped form them to the fighters they are today. That's why i have tons of respect for the Diaz brothers and the Loyalty of the Cesar Gracie team.
3/30/13 5:03 PM
Kings21
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason Reinhardt - what ever happened about guys thinking first about LOYALTY, and the repercussions of their decisions? I'm just sayin in general, and not gearing this towards Melvin, because often times Loyalty is a 2 way street and i don't know the back story regarding Melvin and Jacksons MMA. But i do know many guys need to have more Loyalty and not forget who helped form them to the fighters they are today. That's why i have tons of respect for the Diaz brothers and the Loyalty of the Cesar Gracie team.

Sounds like he burned some bridges. Loyalty is great but when that loyalty gets taken advantage of its often just time to move on. Of course I'm not gonna sit here and pretend to know what happened between Melvin and Jacksons. I'm just another speculating fool. I just think that theres good sides to loyalty but theres also the part where when someone keeps fucking up or does something horrible. Again, not trying to suggest that Melvin did anything.

The Diaz brothers and the Cesar Gracie team I think is a bad example because I've not heard much in the way of having loyalties tested apart from Diaz no-showing press confrences and few things like that. Minor headaches.
4/1/13 2:16 AM
DaddyGorg

Look at Melvin's face. Every feature. He's not evil. He's below normal in intelligence. Get off his case.
4/1/13 2:06 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
298 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

big_roy_fan - your name being 'legalize it' leads me to assume that you are a marijuana supporter, and you probably have seen me bashing marijuana and its users on these boards.

i apologize if i offended you and i've come to realize after multiple freezes that everyone has an opinion.

you insinuating that i am a bandwagon melvin fan though, that is pretty annoying, because most of the people who know me know i'm a HUGE melvin guillard fan.
Only most of the people who know you know you're a big Melvin fan?

ALL of the people who know me know I'm a Melvin fan.

Yeah.

I just trumped your fandom and I raise you one full backpiece tattoo of Melvin Guillard Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.