UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP apoligizes publicly for Rising Sun logo

3/27/13 1:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
blacksamurai
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

danggook -
hubris - Is he going to keep wearing his bandanna too?

there is a difference between the Japanese national flag and the imperial 'rising sun' flag. Phone Post
It has a religious implication correct shinto right? Phone Post
3/27/13 1:44 AM
blacksamurai

hubris - god damn Daniel-san too....

Thats a lotus i think Phone Post
3/27/13 1:48 AM
blacksamurai

stonepony -
Othello - I have an old Ibanez flying V with a rising sun painted on it. You will not shame me Korean Zombie!!!!

The rising sun is a beautiful symbol, and a beautiful flag. I have one. I also have a nazi flag. They're historically relevant. I certainly wouldn't wear either one though.

The only reason the rising sun is more acceptable, is because 1) every WW2 movie is western theater, and 2) our public schools are trash and the average under-30 doesn't even know Japan participated in WW2.
The movies they'd show in Navy bootcamp and deployment are eastern theater... Phone Post
3/27/13 1:54 AM
blacksamurai

Jbarr83 -
ShatsBassoon -

Who knew GSP was so anti-semitic

Hahaha Phil Nurse looks a little nervous Phone Post
Too funny lulz Phone Post
3/27/13 1:57 AM
blacksamurai

pidgey - It might be offensive but the rising sun is pretty fkin cool, same for some nazi symbols and their sinister images. Phone Post
Is this real life since when has sinister been cool? Phone Post
3/27/13 2:05 AM
blacksamurai

KingofBJJ - Not knowing much about his background, but if he practiced some form of Japanese Martial Art (karate, Judo etc.), then he has every right to express his thanks this way.

It's not like he is wearing Native American make up and carrying a tomahawk.
I have know problem with having a picture of Jigoro Kano pictures but why do i need to thank a whole country for a art do we thank all of Italy for divinci? All of Brazil for Gracie Ju Jitsu cause across as prostitution imo... Phone Post
3/27/13 4:05 AM
And Wagners Cut

KingInFishnetsBottomingBetas -
cheesesteak - It's kind of sad that GSP didn't even type that shit. he probably just text his facebook handler to write that.

Yup, no accountability here, to apologize on the internet is fucking stupid, and ridiculous, minimize the seriousness of what's actually happened. GSP took the coward way out.
Well, TKZ shouldn't have complained on the Internet then should he. Phone Post
3/27/13 10:11 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it is very prudent that GSP apoligised so quickly. Anyone who doubts him sincerity is an absolutely douchebag. It is obvious that he nor the clothing company knew the implications of using the ''rising sun'' symbol. Even though it was also the symbol for the army of Japan (since it is the imperial flag) and has been connected to the warcrimes of the Japanese imperial army (especially in Korea and China) it is and was still being used a lot a commercial products.

I personally think not a lot of different fighters nor companies would react as quickly as both GSP and Hayabusha have done in this particular case.

People are hating on GSP because of this are simply a bunch of laughable sad haters.

3/27/13 10:39 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingInFishnetsBottomingBetas - 
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp - I knew when he walked out some crybabies would bitch about this. The ignorance of these crybabies is mind bottling ironing.

Get GSP's cock out of your mouth fag, he's spent years devoting his life to asian martial arts, yet he's disrespecting them all by wearing something that represents blood, imperialism, and genocide?

I swear to god gsp could eat a baby on live tv, and you homos would defend him..

Some nerd posting an apology on his facebook account isn't sufficient, or to the standards of the 21st century. He can't IM a my bad to the whole of asia.

People as ignorant are you should spend a few years offline reading before making any more posts.

3/27/13 10:53 AM
diggity

Jumbo Reverse Shrimp -
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp - I knew when he walked out some crybabies would bitch about this. The ignorance of these crybabies is mind bottling ironing.

Get GSP's cock out of your mouth fag, he's spent years devoting his life to asian martial arts, yet he's disrespecting them all by wearing something that represents blood, imperialism, and genocide?

I swear to god gsp could eat a baby on live tv, and you homos would defend him..

Some nerd posting an apology on his facebook account isn't sufficient, or to the standards of the 21st century. He can't IM a my bad to the whole of asia.

People as ignorant are you should spend a few years offline reading before making any more posts.

Learning to read..... Phone Post
3/27/13 11:19 AM
mikerobmma
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And Wagners Cut -
cheesesteak - It's kind of sad that GSP didn't even type that shit. he probably just text his facebook handler to write that.

Yup, no accountability here, to apologize on the internet is fucking stupid, and ridiculous, minimize the seriousness of what's actually happened. GSP took the coward way out.
Nice. Phone Post
3/27/13 12:29 PM
KingInFishnetsBottomingBetas

Jumbo Reverse Shrimp - 

While you gsp fans hold "say no to prop 8" signs?
3/27/13 2:09 PM
And Wagners Cut

mikerobmma -
And Wagners Cut -

Nice. Phone Post
*fist bump?* Phone Post
3/27/13 3:06 PM
mikerobmma
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And Wagners Cut -
mikerobmma -
And Wagners Cut -

Nice. Phone Post
*fist bump?* Phone Post
*superman fist bump* Phone Post
3/27/13 3:32 PM
mikethecricket
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mikerobmma - 
And Wagners Cut -
mikerobmma -
And Wagners Cut -

Nice. Phone Post
*fist bump?* Phone Post
*superman fist bump* Phone Post

*left hanging as everyone disbands*
3/28/13 12:58 AM
TheLuckyMilkMan
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you serious?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.