UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> GSP as Batroc the Leaper

3/25/13 5:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
backfist_barnesy
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Georges St. Pierre is playing Batroc the Leaper in Captain America Winter Soldier, haha I'm loving this already!

3/25/13 6:02 PM
Demolition Man
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great, another terrible casting choice by Marvel.
3/25/13 6:03 PM
backfist_barnesy
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems so weird and such an odd character to add with Crossbones and Bucky already, all the upcoming movies seem to have too many villains for my liking with Iron Man 3 having The Mandarin, Aldrich Killan, Firepower and Radioactive Man and Thor with Malekith and Kurse and probably Loki still, but as long as theyre written well they will still be awesome. I think it'll be awesome to see GSP in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as long as his role isn't too big haha Im sure he'll do better than Dave Bautista haha

3/25/13 6:11 PM
Demolition Man
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I genuinely can't believe of all the possible actors they picked GSP and Bautista.

I'm not too worried about Thor but I didn't realise the new Iron Man movie had so many villains in it, the trailer looks amazing so I hope they don't pull a Spiderman 3.
3/25/13 6:15 PM
backfist_barnesy

It does look awesome and I've really enjoyed everything Marvel Studios has put out so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until they screw something up, and I think Iron Man 3 is going to be awesome still, and I forgot to mention the Iron Patriot as another villian haha. 

3/25/13 6:23 PM
paw
1458 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*prays they don't screw this up*

3/25/13 8:13 PM
Kneeblock
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LMAO

3/25/13 8:25 PM
None So Blind
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I suspect he'll be on screen for ~20 seconds, 10 of which will be him getting his ass kicked and 10 just standing in the background as someone's henchman.

He could just as well have been "Generic sub-bad guy #3" and filled the same role, I think calling him Batroc is just a nod to us geeks...
3/25/13 8:30 PM
1armedScissor
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

backfist_barnesy - 

It does look awesome and I've really enjoyed everything Marvel Studios has put out so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until they screw something up, and I think Iron Man 3 is going to be awesome still, and I forgot to mention the Iron Patriot as another villian haha. 

Do we know the Patriot is bad in Iron Man 3? It's not like it's Osborne. They could do whatever with the character.
3/25/13 8:44 PM
YVEL MACHIDA
470 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1armedScissor -
backfist_barnesy - 

Do we know the Patriot is bad in Iron Man 3? It's not like it's Osborne. They could do whatever with the character.
Yeah dont think IP is a villian in the movie Phone Post
3/25/13 9:07 PM
BIGWHITESEXY
1161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WHAT!?!?!?!?!? THIS HAS TO BE A JOKE......NO FUCKING WAY BATROC THE LEAPER IS IN THIS LET ALONE BEING PLAYED BY GSP................THIS IS THE MOST DEVASTATING AND YET RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME NEWS I HAVE HEARD IN A WHILE......I AM HONESTLY NOT SURE HOW TO REACT.
3/25/13 10:02 PM
Calebcb
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it's a great choice. All that was required for the role is an acrobatic guy with a cheesy french accent and like others have said, it's not like he's likely to get much screen time or serious lines.
3/25/13 10:21 PM
soriel
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BIGWHITESEXY - WHAT!?!?!?!?!? THIS HAS TO BE A JOKE......NO FUCKING WAY BATROC THE LEAPER IS IN THIS LET ALONE BEING PLAYED BY GSP................THIS IS THE MOST DEVASTATING AND YET RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME NEWS I HAVE HEARD IN A WHILE......I AM HONESTLY NOT SURE HOW TO REACT.
This accurately describes me feelings. Caps and all.

I guess I can understand wanting to use fighters in roles simply for the physical presence. But if they can't act for shit then what difference does it make? I've been super excited for the second movie since they announced it would be the winter solider. My inner Cold War geek has been fan girling non stop til now...I'm just not sure how to accept this news. Phone Post
3/25/13 10:22 PM
backfist_barnesy

YVEL MACHIDA - 
1armedScissor -
backfist_barnesy - 

Or maybe it was just some miscellaneous armor going rogue and attacking Pepper in bed, not really another villian just something Stark has to deal with. Probably being controlled by the Manderin. Just trying to add effect to my comments by tossing in misleading remarks haha

3/26/13 8:32 AM
MarkRobinson
1324 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hes probably just fodder for an asskicking. Not unlike the bootleg male Marrow in X3. 

3/26/13 9:22 AM
BigWilliam
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As long as they keep his lines to a minimum it might be ok.
3/26/13 10:30 AM
Hercules Rockerfeller
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YVEL MACHIDA - 
1armedScissor -
backfist_barnesy - 

It's not even IP.  It's just War Machine's new paint job.  

3/26/13 10:45 AM
BigWilliam
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the refer to him as the Iron Patriot in the trailer.
3/26/13 11:49 AM
Daredevil73
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As I said on FB, are they going to have him leaping around and throwing kicks, or will GSP choreograph it and hold Captain America down for 15 minutes?
3/26/13 3:03 PM
grafzep
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesome

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.