UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> India’s Super Fight League Lands Major Sponsorship

3/25/13 6:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BobD
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From MMAWeekly:

Where there is action, there is Mountain Dew. Known for its bold, daring, fearless persona, Mountain Dew has joined hands with Super Fight League, the first India-based Mixed Martial Arts property founded by Raj Kundra. The association brings alive the brand philosophy of ‘Darr Ke Aage Jeet Hai’ as the new season of Friday Fight Nights commences on 29th March 2013 in Mumbai.

Mountain Dew has always supported extreme sports that test the true strength and spirit of the mind and body. As a brand, it has constantly identified itself with energy, bravado and fortitude. This association with Super Fight League is a perfect fit as the sport symbolizes courage and hard work; all for the glory of achievement and reward.

More

3/25/13 9:29 PM
crowbar
835 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/25/13 9:30 PM

Gimme a mountain and nothing to do
Give me the sunshine gimme a dew
Gimme something simple and true
All I need is sunshine
And sweet refreshing Mountain Dew

3/26/13 1:10 AM
Carl Sonnen
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice. I knew there was a reason I drank so much Mountain Dew in high school. Of course we used to call it panther piss then, but that didn't stop us from drinking a few hundred gallons of it. Nice to see other orgs growing.
3/26/13 2:15 AM
BigFootsSkinnyArm
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Drinking mountain dew will rot your teeth and make you fat.
3/26/13 10:02 AM
john joe
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial
Where there is action, there is Mountain Dew. Known for its bold, daring, fearless persona, Mountain Dew

has anyone at any time ever said, "Damn, that Mountain Dew is fearless! You see that bottle of nuclear-green sugary chemical shit? That shit is bold yo. That shit is one daring motherfucker. That shit has per-so-na, not like that limp dick Diet Coke's bitch ass."

how the fuck does a bottle of pop have a fucking persona??
3/26/13 10:03 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

wow, good for them, big sponsorship imo.

3/26/13 10:19 AM
camozzi
779 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is awesome. Isn't Mountain Dew Pepsi product? Good news for SFL Phone Post
3/26/13 10:22 AM
Right Hand JO Power
1219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are there a lot of trailer parks in India? Phone Post
3/26/13 10:23 AM
Richard Tuck
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Super DEWper Fight League
3/26/13 10:44 AM
Nexuscrawlers
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

camozzi - This is awesome. Isn't Mountain Dew Pepsi product? Good news for SFL Phone Post
Correct. Great news for MMA. Phone Post
3/26/13 10:55 AM
SuperFightLeague
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Super Fight League, India's Pro MMA Org.
Pitbull2800 - Nice have they landed any good named fighters yet lol. Im playing good luck to all the MMA leagues out there. Personally i want to see OneFC do big things.

We featured recent phenom Michael Page before he ever graced the stage at Bellator. We have also had many well-known professional fighters compete in our organization. Our upcoming March 29 event features Xavier Foupa-Pokam and Colleen Schneider who are well known throughout the world as well as many of our current Indian talent.

3/26/13 10:58 AM
RKing85
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice sponsorship deal for sure.

Although for the record, I hate the taste of Mountain Dew.
3/26/13 11:00 AM
SuperFightLeague
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

camozzi -  This is awesome. Isn't Mountain Dew Pepsi product? Good news for SFL Phone Post

Yes Mr. Camozzi, PepsiCo entered our country less than 15 years ago and has grown to be the largest food and beverage business in all of India. Congratulations on your recent MMA victory in UFC. We are very excited about this new relationship and our upcoming SFL season. It is an honor to have fighters of your stature interested in SFL.

3/26/13 12:05 PM
G-Hands
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great stuff! Congrats on the deal.
3/26/13 12:06 PM
john joe
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial
i should probably add that despite my skepticism at Mountain Dew's press office description of their product having "bold persona", its a pretty nice sponsorship to pick up. Very mainstream brand.
3/26/13 12:25 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SuperFightLeague - 
camozzi -  This is awesome. Isn't Mountain Dew Pepsi product? Good news for SFL Phone Post

Yes Mr. Camozzi, PepsiCo entered our country less than 15 years ago and has grown to be the largest food and beverage business in all of India. Congratulations on your recent MMA victory in UFC. We are very excited about this new relationship and our upcoming SFL season. It is an honor to have fighters of your stature interested in SFL.

Congrats on the sponsorship deal, I wish for you every success and look forward to seeing more SFL events in the future.

3/26/13 12:28 PM
Ray Elbe
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SFL!!! Phone Post
3/26/13 12:44 PM
Seats Taken
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mountain Dew, Pow, Punch, Kick, Wow, crack open a can FWWPSSHHH FWWPSSHHH wow!  Supahhh! Fightttt! Leeeaagggguueee!

3/26/13 1:17 PM
Leghound
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, that's a very recognizable brand to be associated with.  Has Mountain Dew ever sponsored any US based promotion? 

3/26/13 2:22 PM
SuperFightLeague

Leghound - 

Damn, that's a very recognizable brand to be associated with.  Has Mountain Dew ever sponsored any US based promotion? 

We know that the former WEC had Amp Energy Drink, an extension of the Mountain Dew brand and the UFC's The Ultimate Fighter show had NOS Energy Drink, a Coca-Cola product, but no MMA promotion has had a top-tier Pepsi or Coca-Cola brand sponsorship to date to our knowledge. 

3/26/13 2:32 PM
smoogy
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Having a major brand's logo on the canvas doesn't necessarily make it a major sponsorship. Brewers like Bud Light sponsor tiny shows all over the US but not for substantial amounts of money.

What are the terms of the SFL/Mountain Dew deal? Is it multi-year? How much will they contribute per event?
3/26/13 2:58 PM
Crush Crawfish
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm drinking a Mountain Dew right now to show support.
3/26/13 3:14 PM
SuperFightLeague

Crush Crawfish - I'm drinking a Mountain Dew right now to show support.

Thank you for your support of our sponsors and Super Fight League. 

3/26/13 3:45 PM
Crush Crawfish
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Mountain Dew lol
3/26/13 5:13 PM
used2wrestle
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My thoughts, exactly, Michael Page! Great eye for talent and great coup. To better develop your Indian talent, you need to have them beat "name" opponents and also avoid number blowout matches using very judicious matchmaking.

I watched the entire season of SFL Challengers and loved it. Have you noticed that after 18 seasons, the UFC has adopted your concept of males and females living together?

I felt all of your fighters, male and female, needed a lot of help with wrestling though, especially to further legitimize your fighters to the more experienced worldwide audience. While India is full of phenomenal freestyle wrestlers, if they haven't translated the wrestling game to cage fighting, I would be the perfect candidate wrestling coach for potential future seasons. Is there a person I should contact? Mr. Isaac possibly?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.