UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Can Benson break Silva's UFC title defense record?

3/26/13 10:46 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Flexo
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Michai - Strange No mention of gsp's record so far since he's the closest. Not mention the dude hasn't given up a round in forever. In many ways that's just as difficult. Phone Post
He lost rounds to Condit and Shields, before that it was a long time though. Phone Post
3/26/13 10:59 AM
knuckleballs
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Maynard or Pettis will beat him. Gil has a good shot, too.

Also, he got a gift victory over Edgar. He will never be in the stratosphere of Silva's record...
3/26/13 11:31 AM
Y2JB

knuckleballs - I think Maynard or Pettis will beat him. Gil has a good shot, too.

Also, he got a gift victory over Edgar. He will never be in the stratosphere of Silva's record...

Agreed, in particular, I think Maynard takes Benson Handily.
3/26/13 11:44 AM
ortman166

Bisping KOd by CHRIST - Lol no. If lw was the weakest divi, had a ton of 1 dimensional dropouts like mw and he had the ability to turn down and/or cherry pick contenders, then yes....easily. But the quality of opponents at lw is far too high to pull that shit.
Your a fucking idiot Phone Post
3/26/13 11:44 AM
ortman166

Y2JB -
knuckleballs - I think Maynard or Pettis will beat him. Gil has a good shot, too.

Agreed, in particular, I think Maynard takes Benson Handily.
I always thought that was an interesting fight. Phone Post
3/26/13 12:07 PM
MrNiceguy66

New thread:

Can Benson Henderson break GSPs record of consecutive title defenses without a finish? Phone Post
3/26/13 12:08 PM
chaplinshouse
703 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/26/13 12:08 PM

No. The # of A-listers in the LW division are FAR greater than the # of A-listers in MW.  MW is the weakest division, LW the deepest division ever

3/26/13 12:09 PM
MrNiceguy66

^^^ still won't be easy. I don't know if Bendo will beat the record, it's too early to tell... And too many good fighters. Phone Post
3/26/13 12:16 PM
TheFlood58

Big negatory squirrely too many really good fighters in the division Phone Post
3/26/13 12:19 PM
shaqitup
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All via split decision

3/26/13 12:33 PM
bjws

Kind of silly to talk about this when it's a few years away. Were he at 8 defenses, then that's a different story. Plus he has the unavenged loss to Pettis. Personally, I thought he did enough to win that first fight, but that's not what the records say. So, avenge the loss and stop talking about this for a few years.
3/26/13 12:36 PM
Card
1903 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/26/13 1:25 PM
BOMDC
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If anyone is going to do it, it won't be at 155.
3/26/13 4:18 PM
Jaybrone
331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MasterofMartialArts -  Why does everybody act like Showtime gets a guaranteed win if they fight again? Did y'all see the first fight? It was fucking CLOSE. Great fight. If they fight again it will be another great fight. Benson has improved alot since that fight, and Pettis has looked good. I compare Benson to GSP in a sense that he is always training insanely and training new techniques, coming better and stronger every time out. Hes gonna be tough to beat, he will come with a gameplan. But to say Benson "knows" that Pettis will come and take the belt is ridiculous. GTFO. Phone Post

I don't get the people saying Pettis steam rolls him in a rematch either. That first fight was EXTREMELY close both guys have improved so it really comes down to who has improved more.

Could he? Sure anything is possible. But will he? I seriously doubt it. The LW belt hasn't been defended more than 3 times ever. Let him worry about #3 and 4 first before we even discuss the chance of 11+.

3/26/13 4:30 PM
Strugglezworth
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I remember correctly he said he wanted to do this when he first won the belt, why would it change now after a few defenses,this isn't new news.
3/26/13 4:41 PM
Jaybrone
331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Y2JB - Zero UFC finishes and doesn't have a highlight reel. Can i get an amen?

When will people appreciate there is more to MMA and fighting than just how many finishes a guy has. HIs fights are exciting and he is always working.

3/26/13 5:50 PM
MasterofMartialArts
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jaybrone -
MasterofMartialArts -  Why does everybody act like Showtime gets a guaranteed win if they fight again? Did y'all see the first fight? It was fucking CLOSE. Great fight. If they fight again it will be another great fight. Benson has improved alot since that fight, and Pettis has looked good. I compare Benson to GSP in a sense that he is always training insanely and training new techniques, coming better and stronger every time out. Hes gonna be tough to beat, he will come with a gameplan. But to say Benson "knows" that Pettis will come and take the belt is ridiculous. GTFO. Phone Post

I don't get the people saying Pettis steam rolls him in a rematch either. That first fight was EXTREMELY close both guys have improved so it really comes down to who has improved more.

Could he? Sure anything is possible. But will he? I seriously doubt it. The LW belt hasn't been defended more than 3 times ever. Let him worry about #3 and 4 first before we even discuss the chance of 11+.

Couldn't agree more bro. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.