UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Remember when...

3/25/13 10:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
noshame
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You used to go to UFC events and everyone- fans, fighters, refs, UFC reps- everyone hung out at the hotel and bar together?

I remember John Lober trying to "Mr Miyagi" a beer bottle the night before he was supposed to corner on 10 March 2000. Cut his hand so bad that his room looked like a murder scene and he wore one wide receiver glove to the cage when he was cornering.

I still love the sport. Love how it's grown and developed, but dangit, those were fun days.
3/25/13 11:13 PM
BALLSDEEP
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes. I still see some of that, but not as much at the higher level.
3/25/13 11:36 PM
crowbar
751 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No,the UFC didn`t come to California until 2006.

3/26/13 1:47 AM
Greg Southworth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

noshame - You used to go to UFC events and everyone- fans, fighters, refs, UFC reps- everyone hung out at the hotel and bar together?

I remember John Lober trying to "Mr Miyagi" a beer bottle the night before he was supposed to corner on 10 March 2000. Cut his hand so bad that his room looked like a murder scene and he wore one wide receiver glove to the cage when he was cornering.

I still love the sport. Love how it's grown and developed, but dangit, those were fun days.
At UFC 4 we didn't have hotels. We slept in tents and liked it! Phone Post
3/26/13 2:03 AM
Knightsofthefirekingdom
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have only witnessed it via videos online. I'm don't Trane but anyone can see, "those were the days". When it was community. Phone Post
3/26/13 2:04 AM
Knightsofthefirekingdom
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shit didnt mean to sound so doom and gloom! Phone Post
3/26/13 2:05 AM
strict9
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Every time I have gone to fights in San Jose, everyone is hanging out at the hotel bars. Some go out to clubs but most of them stay at the bar and hang out.
3/26/13 7:29 AM
Jay-dog

In my UFC days we had to walk to the event... barefoot, uphill, in the snow. Phone Post
3/26/13 8:42 AM
SN moved to conspiracy ground

The last UFC on Fuel @ London there was a tonne of fighters and personalities chilling at the hotel bar after the fights including bisping, riddle, ogle, pearson, Luke Barrett, Colin fletcher, cub, anik, buffer, Norman parke and the new ring girl. Phone Post
3/26/13 8:57 AM
rockwell
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jay-dog - In my UFC days we had to walk to the event... barefoot, uphill, in the snow. Phone Post
Barefoot? You lucky bastard! In my day we didn't have feet. We had to walk on our hands on a dirt track covered in reindeer droppings and cactus spikes. Phone Post
3/26/13 10:24 AM
CAN wrestler

Jerry you bastard!
3/26/13 10:27 AM
Kirik
1781 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

LOLOLOL at the UFC we went to in NO, I just kind of wandered up to the judges table and sat down and watched the show from there. Was def a cool time.

3/26/13 2:23 PM
Greg Southworth

When was that Kirik? 2001 or 2002 or so? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.