UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Velasquez in favor of increased drug testing

3/25/13 10:58 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Use of performancing enhancing drugs and athletic commission approved use of testosterone replacement therapy has become a hot button issue in MMA. Several high profile athletes have tested positive for drugs of abuse as well as PEDs and other high profile athletes have come out publicly with their use of TRT and support of it.

Heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez to Shaun Al-Shatti of MMAFighting.com, voicing his opinion in favor of increased regulation and testing for PEDs and monitoring of athletes:

Velasquez isn't the first UFC titleholder to voice the same sentiment. Lightweight champion Benson Henderson and welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre both recently advocated for more stringent drug testing in the form of blood testing and random testing -- two measures which Velasquez would absolutely support.

"Yes, I would," he said. "You can by looking [at me]. Me and Daniel (Cormier) were talking about -- I forgot who were saying it, but it was two guys, they were trying to think of the two guys that they think, for sure, are not on steroids or anything. The only ones they could come up with are me and Daniel. Just by looking at us, you can tell that we don't do anything. Or if we do, it's not very good stuff.

"So I think we're both on the side of [increased] testing. For sure, I'm all for that. Being natural, I think, is the best way to be even on the playing field."

read entire article...

3/25/13 11:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good to hear. Although a bit interesting since Victor Conte basically said he was told a bunch of guys at AKA were on peds and they've had 3 guys fail a drug test in the last year or so.

3/25/13 11:18 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit's Face Broke My Hand -

Good to hear. Although a bit interesting since Victor Conte basically said he was told a bunch of guys at AKA were on peds and they've had 3 guys fail a drug test in the last year or so.

Well I guess Cain isn't one of them. Phone Post
3/25/13 11:19 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/25/13 11:23 PM
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap - 

Yeah I don't know how much I can believe what he says anyways, but it seems pretty obvious Cain and Cormier aren't on anything illegal.

3/25/13 11:49 PM
slamming
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit's Face Broke My Hand - 

Yeah I don't know how much I can believe what he says anyways, but it seems pretty obvious Cain and Cormier aren't on anything illegal.

How does it seem obvious? PEDs do more than just make you look ripped...thats the whole point!
3/25/13 11:51 PM

slamming - 

How does it seem obvious? PEDs do more than just make you look ripped...thats the whole point!

Okay. To me it seems clear those two are not. I've never suspected them. I won't say it's impossible, just very unlikely imo.

3/25/13 11:52 PM
TheVileOne
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/26/13 3:42 AM
Did Joey Beltran look like he was on steroids? Nope. I'm not saying I believe Cain Velasquez or Daniel Cormier are on roids. I don't think they are. But looks can be deceiving.
3/25/13 11:55 PM
rrg1

I'm not going to insinuate Velasquez is on anything but simply because someone says they want tougher testing means nothing.

Hell, test away. They aren't testing randomly or no-notice. They aren't testing for HGH. They aren't using blood or hair. Aaaand even if they were it can be beaten lol.

3/26/13 12:04 AM
kgastelum928
340 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'm game

3/26/13 12:59 AM
SmackyBear
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes -  Does current HGH testing only go back 48-72 hours or a full week? Phone Post

The current one supposedly goes back 10-21 days.

I don't think any ACs routinely use blood testing. VADA supposedly tests for it, though.
3/26/13 1:07 AM
Carl Sonnen

"Just by looking at us, you can tell that we don't do anything. Or if we do, it's not very good stuff."

Haha, that is funny. Cain seems like a good dude and he is a phenomenal wrestler and mma practitioner. Glad to hear him speaking out for testing.
3/26/13 1:07 AM
The Shockmaster

Not obvious at all. You're just taking their word for it. Coming from a wrestling background, I don't believe a word either of them say.

I would bet Cain is on EPO for his cardio. Most guys probably are.
3/26/13 2:21 AM

EEKS - What about Kyle Conrad.

He retired, Jimmy.

3/26/13 2:24 AM
ShaqNoob
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheVileOne - Did Joey Beltran look like he was on steroids? Nope. I'm not saying I believe Cain Velasquez or Daniel Cormier not. I don't think they are. But looks can be deceiving.

When he first came to the UFC? Hell no, but look at his transformation afterwards.
3/26/13 2:37 AM
kingwank

I'll admit. I almost missed this news story because it was right under Ariany's chiseled body in the news feed. Phone Post
3/26/13 3:35 AM
taberkulosis

Since when can you tell that someone is on peds by looking at them? Using that logic the ACs should just forget urinalysis and just do glancing tests or only test guys that are super hubbed out. And why does it keep making the news feed when someone says this? Like theres anyone in the ufc whos gonna say "No, im not for increased testing its just not fair." Phone Post
3/26/13 9:19 AM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

It's sad that all these high profile and champion UFC fighters think there are a ton of guys in roids and that there should be more testing but nothing is done about it. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.