UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Build Your Own Rival MMA Organization

3/26/13 8:34 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kostakio
600 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What would you need (besides the obvious: $$$$) to compete against Zuffa and possibly surpass them? Which non-UFC fighters would you sign and how would you get them? What would your cage/ring look like? Who would your announcer and commentators be? What special rules or guidelines would you have in place for the fighters? Phone Post
3/26/13 9:21 AM
Kostakio
600 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome.

But wait, I think that the governing bodies would not sanction that despite it being my preference also. :( Phone Post
3/26/13 9:23 AM
mixedmartialmike
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pride style rules Phone Post
3/26/13 9:41 AM
man meets fate

I would try and be different as possible. I think a mix of kickboxing amd mma would be good.

Of course I would have a ring, 10 minute 1st rounds, only elbows standing, a total of 30 secs to advance position on mat or against ropes.

I would have vinny shoreman ( switch off with miletich) and the voice. Lenny hardt for intros.

The fighters I woukd get are guys who no matter what, win or lose, comes to fight, and sign as many guys who do both kickboxing and mma as possible.

HW
Valentine overeem
Braddock silva
Jerome le banner
James wilson
James thompson
Kharitonov
Barnett

Lhw

Yvel

Spong
Babalu
Mcsweeney
Sokojou

Mw
Manhoef
Radach
Few others

Meh, you get the point.

I would not shit them out of money, but I won't pay them ridiculous amounts. I would start all out on a certain pay first fight, and if they are wanted back by company and fans, they get a boost (5k-10k or so more) let them fight outside, but only for single fights can't sign exclusive contracts.

I'm looking to lose 1/3 more than what I spebt for first few years
3/26/13 11:50 AM
yomamafool

YukiNakai'sEye - 
Kostakio - Awesome.

But wait, I think that the governing bodies would not sanction that despite it being my preference also. :( Phone Post
What governing body?

I'm starting up in Uzbekistan. Phone Post

this guy has the right idea
3/26/13 11:56 AM
john joe
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial
YukiNakai'sEye - 
Kostakio - Awesome.

What governing body?

I'm starting up in Uzbekistan. Phone Post

Uzbek Fighting Championships ...
3/26/13 12:01 PM
Lahzerous
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weapons/Armor
War animals
Fully nude ring card girls.

Sorry was watching the first season of Spartacus last couple of days.
3/28/13 2:27 PM
MR Combatively

Pride rules with elbows.

MR. Combatively
3/28/13 2:33 PM
Kostakio

CLINTK9 -
CLINTK9 - you can have all the flash, high production, and tv deals you want. You need a card that gets people to watch. I'd start with an 8-man OW GP Tourney & a Superfight:

SF: Cro-Cop vs Arlovski

Kharitonov vs Sylvia
Manhoef vs Rumble
Rolls vs Barnett
Yvel vs Spong

would anyone like to see this card?
Hell yeah. Voted up. Phone Post
3/28/13 3:12 PM
MmanBearPig
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would create a promotion called DTF (Disabled Team Fighting) it would consist of fighters with physical disabilities vs those of mental retardation, each team would have 5 fighters and the tournament would run over 25 episodes with a winner crowned at the end of each. See bracket below

Downs syndrome vs One leg
Aspergers vs One arm
Schizophrenic vs No legs
Bipolar vs No arms
Narcoleptic vs One hand

The winner of the event would be the team with the most wins under the current NSAC rules, if the score is even resulting in a draw the prize shall be rolled over to the next event. The winning team would get a 1 week trip to Disney land with all expenses covered.

In the following event the matchups would be changed untill all fighters have faced all of the opposing team. Fight purses would be 5K each and all bouts shall be hosted where there is free medical care, the series would air on youtube generating my profit from the advertisments all fighters would be paid by sponsors of the series, the fights shall be held in a rectangular shaped cage similar to a hallway to encourage maximum action therefor increasing viewer numbers
3/28/13 4:07 PM
AndersonSilvasMoney
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I would create my org in Japan, fighters would fight in a ring, soccer kicks and stomps would be allowed, the show would be a flashy spectacle, there'd be penalty cards, announcer would be Lenne Hardt, and my ranks would be filled with the likes of Fedor, Sakurai, Frye, Sakuraba, Hong Man Choi, Rampage, Cro Cop, and many others."

- The UG Phone Post
3/28/13 5:41 PM
jay_diaz

First u gotta bring in fedor and have him fight barnett that fight will get ur money right. Then offer Anderson Silva crazy money to fight fedor after that Althea figure will come Phone Post
3/28/13 6:39 PM
sincitydc
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bring Lytle out of retirement Phone Post 3.0
3/28/13 7:59 PM
sweepnchoke
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bring legitimate sports drama into MMA instead of using the WWE trashtalking BS to sell it.

Rolling 8 fighter tournaments that take place over the period of multiple shows, 1/4 finals on reg tv, semi finals, tournament finals, and title fights on PPV.

A TUF type show, were the winner gets a 3 fight contract which gets them a tournament spot
The promotion picks 6 of the tournament fighters, the remaining two are selected by the fans

2 regular TV events a month, each one featuring the 4 quater final bouts for a weight class tournament + an alternate bout

1/4 final tournament match ups are determined by the fighters at a press conference two months in advance. Each fighter draws a number, fighters then choose which fight 1/2/3/4, and blue or red corner, as spots fill the fighters with the higher numbers end up having to decide who they want to face, the way K1 was doing it.

1 PPV a month featuring, 2 title fights, 2 tournament final bouts, & 4 tournament semi finals

Benefits

- Champs end up defending their belts every 4-5 months.
- Viewers watch the free tv 1/4 finals and are then drawn in to watching the PPV in order to see how the tournaments progress.
- More of a season model to follow, the exception being that in this case there is always two weight classes in the play offs so to speak.
- Structured and straight forward way that fans can follow of determining title challengers, no more Chael vs Jones BS, no politics behind who gets a title shot and who doesn't.
-Having the fighters determine the match ups allows fighters to back up their trash talk/calling out fighters, or lose face and pick someone else.
- fighters like Franklin, Fitch, Koscheck etc will have a better longevity since as long as they keep earning title shots by winning tournaments no one will bitch about them getting the shot, where as with the current UFC model, you can't really justify giving someone a 3rd title shot despite the fact that they are legitimately the top contendor.
3/28/13 8:08 PM
sweepnchoke
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^ benefit
- Fighters are less likely to drop out of bouts for minor injury since they will lose their tournament spot and have to start again from the bottom. And they will have to wait 4-5 months for the next tournament in their weight class to start.
3/28/13 8:46 PM
Kostakio

Nice, sweepnchoke. Phone Post 3.0
3/28/13 9:18 PM
Rob San Soo

I would just bring pride back, the ring ,the rules every fn thing lol Phone Post 3.0
3/28/13 9:42 PM
Chris27

Go out and buy every single mma org and merge them.

WSOF, Bellator, SF before Zuffa bought them, I would have made sure to get those contracts, Dream, OneFC, Legacy/RFA/Titan, MFC etc.

Make one single org, use tournaments and regular matchmaking, put on events.

It still wouldnt be enough to overtake the UFC but it would be a big org.

If you had Bellator/SF merged, with SF stars like Fedor, Reem, Barnett, Big Foot, Werdum, keep Hendo signed, Diaz, Jacare, Luke, Gilbert etc.

Add in Bellators prospects like Chandler, Askren etc, SF would have the star champ and Bellator would have the prospects coming up, each had what the other needed. SF needed depth, Bellator needed stars. You also add in some of the Asian talent like Aoki, Crusher, some prospects from the regional orgs like Legacy/RFA and you'd have stars, prospects and mid level vets in each div.

Get the Spike tv deal and you have something to work with.

That would be the one true org that could compete with the UFC but SF was bought by Zuffa.

3/28/13 9:44 PM
Jo'donnell-Davies
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - Go out and buy every single mma org and merge them.

WSOF, Bellator, SF before Zuffa bought them, I would have made sure to get those contracts, Dream, OneFC, Legacy/RFA/Titan, MFC etc.

Make one single org, use tournaments and regular matchmaking, put on events.

It still wouldnt be enough to overtake the UFC but it would be a big org.

If you had Bellator/SF merged, with SF stars like Fedor, Reem, Barnett, Big Foot, Werdum, keep Hendo signed, Diaz, Jacare, Luke, Gilbert etc.

Add in Bellators prospects like Chandler, Askren etc, SF would have the star champ and Bellator would have the prospects coming up, each had what the other needed. SF needed depth, Bellator needed stars. You also add in some of the Asian talent like Aoki, Crusher, some prospects from the regional orgs like Legacy/RFA and you'd have stars, prospects and mid level vets in each div.

Get the Spike tv deal and you have something to work with.

That would be the one true org that could compete with the UFC but SF was bought by Zuffa.

I like it but not the regular joe could do that. You need a SHIT LOAD of doh forthat Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.