UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> DIY PVC bodyweight gym!

3/26/13 9:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
eviladam
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/03/21/how-to-build-the-ultimate-bodyweight-gym-using-only-pvc-pipe/

NICE! build yourself a load-bearing structure out of material that isn't intended to support weight. but don't worry, when PVC breaks it safely shatters into harmless razor-sharp shards.
3/26/13 10:08 AM
ryanJ
339 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well...PVC pipe is used to run water...and I am made up of 80% water, so based on my knowledge of science, plumbing and working out...I don't see a problem. 

3/26/13 11:52 AM
Adventure Runner
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eviladam - http://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/03/21/how-to-build-the-ultimate-bodyweight-gym-using-only-pvc-pipe/

NICE! build yourself a load-bearing structure out of material that isn't intended to support weight. but don't worry, when PVC breaks it safely shatters into harmless razor-sharp shards.

lol Exactly. I have thought of building a pvc dip stand for a bit, but the thought of cutting my hands off at the wrist always stopped me.
3/27/13 6:43 PM
Leigh
952 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You CAN, however, use scaffolding equivalents to build kit with. I built a cage and its great. Phone Post
3/28/13 9:29 AM
Chocolate Shatner
187 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You'd be surprised at how little space you actually need, Jesus. I installed a half rack with weights, etc in a space about 3 meters wide by 2 meters long.
3/28/13 7:57 PM
Darb
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you want to build this kind of stuff: I suggest going to the local home building store. Buy some gas pipe and get it cut to the right lengths and then threaded. Get some 90 degree elbows and flanges as needed and assemble. Lag screw the flanges to some pieces of wood and you have dip stands or spotter bars. I made some spotter bars like this. Cost about 40 bucks and they can easily support 400 plus pounds across them. I have seen some guys make strong power racks out of a combination of wood and gas pipe also.
3/29/13 12:37 PM
vermonter
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hahaha, this thread has some gems on it. Well done gents.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.