UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Quebec gives its BS statement re: the GSP weighin

3/27/13 12:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winston Wolf - where has it been proven ?they announced the weight ronded off as long as the fighter is under the weight class

What is your source for this made-up claim? 

You're wrong in any case, here are two from UFC 113:

Alan Belcher (186) vs. Patrick Cote (184)
Joe Doerksen (186) vs. Tom Lawlor (185)

Clearly the decimals have been dropped despite the fighter being OVER the weight class. For all we know Belcher and Doerksen may have weighed 186.9.
3/27/13 12:59 AM
Winston Wolf
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/27/13 12:59 AM
in non title fights u can be a pound over not 1.1.186 is fine for a NON TITLE fight duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
3/27/13 1:00 AM
Winston Wolf
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/27/13 1:03 AM
no Belcher and Doerkson were 185. something like 185.6 so they said 186 if he was 186.1 hed be over the weight use ur brain
3/27/13 1:01 AM
JimmersonzGlove
575 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goku owns this thread. Phone Post
3/27/13 1:02 AM
Winston Wolf

JimmersonzGlove -  Goku owns this thread. Phone Post

first time for everything But u are correct
3/27/13 1:07 AM
orcus

Edited: 03/27/13 1:09 AM
Winston Wolf - no Belcher and Doerkson were 185. something like 185.6 so they said 186 if he was 186.1 hed be over the weight use ur brain

Here's the weighin, why are you lying and saying they were 185-something? 

3/27/13 1:12 AM
Winston Wolf

moron they rounded off everyone to the lower weight Show me where u can see the weight on the scale ahhh u cant
3/27/13 1:13 AM
Winston Wolf

no i have no proof they rounded off to the lower weight But I do have a brain If your 186.1 your over the weight by .1 so they would have to announce 187.186 is fine for non title fight
3/27/13 1:14 AM
caposa
1842 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Considering he had already been involved with four title fights under this commission, isn't it kinda likely that GSP or his camp were aware of this 170.X rule? This just seems crazy to me that they allow nearly a pound over for a title fight.

3/27/13 1:15 AM
orcus

Edited: 03/27/13 1:19 AM
Winston Wolf - moron they rounded off everyone to the lower weight Show me where u can see the weight on the scale ahhh u cant

If you can't see the weight on the scale, why do you insist they rounded DOWN when the AC rep released a statement today saying they DON'T USE THE FUCKING DECIMALS?

"no i have no proof they rounded off to the lower weight But I do have a brain If your 186.1 your over the weight by .1 so they would have to announce 187."

No, they don't have to announce 187, not if -- as the UFC rep told Nick and as the AC rep told journalists today -- their policy is to discard the decimals.

3/27/13 1:19 AM
orcus

Edited: 03/27/13 1:21 AM
caposa - 

Considering he had already been involved with four title fights under this commission, isn't it kinda likely that GSP or his camp were aware of this 170.X rule? This just seems crazy to me that they allow nearly a pound over for a title fight.

Who knows? 

From the comments posted today, Koscheck and Condit are as surprised as anyone about this, and they have also been involved in title fights in Montreal. If they were never told, why would GSP have been? Unless he came in overweight -- for the first time in his career -- is there any reason to think he would have been told?

If GSP were told, but Koscheck and Condit were not, then why was Nick told?

3/27/13 1:22 AM
Winston Wolf

orcus - 
Winston Wolf - moron they rounded off everyone to the lower weight Show me where u can see the weight on the scale ahhh u cant

If you can't see the weight on the scale, why do you insist they rounded DOWN when the AC rep released a statement today saying they DON'T USE THE FUCKING DECIMALS?

"no i have no proof they rounded off to the lower weight But I do have a brain If your 186.1 your over the weight by .1 so they would have to announce 187."

No, they don't have to announce 187, not if -- as the UFC rep told Nick and as the AC rep told journalists today -- their policy is to discard the decimals.

its either they round down or up and the obvious choice is to round up when announcing as long as the fighter is under the weight If your 186.1 you are over weight for a middleweight non title fight If u are 170.1 u are over the weight for a title fight You dont say ah fuck it lets round off to 170 if ur even a spec over weight
3/27/13 1:25 AM
Winston Wolf

orcus - 
caposa - 

Who knows? 

From the comments posted today, Koscheck and Condit are as surprised as anyone about this, and they have also been involved in title fights in Montreal. If they were never told, why would GSP have been? Unless he came in overweight -- for the first time in his career -- is there any reason to think he would have been told?

because GSP was having trouble making weight for this fight not the others .Dont tell me 3 top contenders didnt know the exact weight to the decimil
3/27/13 1:25 AM
BJJkilla
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

didn't hominick also weigh in heavy against aldo but they just let him go because they "assumed" his shorts were the reason why he was over.

shady shit.
3/27/13 1:26 AM
caposa
1842 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 
caposa - 

Who knows? 

I think that is what's so bizarre about this. It makes you think that something was wrong and they felt the need to inform Diaz about it, which of course will lead to speculation about GSP being off weight.

3/27/13 1:26 AM
orcus

"its either they round down or up and the obvious choice is to round up when announcing"

Bullshit. 

You look at the scale and you say the number before the little dot. Simple. Get it? The guy looks at it and immediately says the number before the decimal, he's not sitting there doing rounding in his head.

Just because you want them to round up doesn't mean that's what they have to do. And we have an official statement from the AC rep that that's not, in fact, what they do.

3/27/13 1:36 AM
Winston Wolf

caposa - 
orcus - 
caposa - 

Who knows? 

I think that is what's so bizarre about this. It makes you think that something was wrong and they felt the need to inform Diaz about it, which of course will lead to speculation about GSP being off weight.

the obvious
3/27/13 1:37 AM
orcus

Edited: 03/27/13 1:39 AM
caposa - 
orcus - 
caposa - 

Who knows? 

For me, the part that is so bizarre about this is that people take Nick being told as suggestion that something was wrong with GSP.

We know they drop the decimals, so why tell Nick at all if they had reason to be concerned about GSP possibly being over? If he were 170.9 his weight would be announced as 170 and that would be the end of it.

If the video were GSP being told he could weigh 170.9, people would be outraged that he is being given license to "cheat".

But  the video is DIAZ being told HE could weigh 170.9 -- yet people somehow still take this as GSP being given license to "cheat".

See the problem? No matter what, it somehow looks "shady" in favor of GSP to you guys. 

By the way, my guess is that the reason the UFC rep -- he was not an AC rep -- told Nick about the allowance is because there was that fuckup with his brother at the Benson Henderson weighin that led to confusion from the Cesar camp and a last minute cut. The UFC rep in this case was letting Nick know he didn't have to worry about that. Not as exciting a theory, I know.

3/27/13 1:37 AM
Winston Wolf

orcus - 

"its either they round down or up and the obvious choice is to round up when announcing"

Bullshit. 

You look at the scale and you say the number before the little dot. Simple. Get it? The guy looks at it and immediately says the number before the decimal, he's not sitting there doing rounding in his head.

Just because you want them to round up doesn't mean that's what they have to do. And we have an official statement from the AC rep that that's not, in fact, what they do.

u ccant be over the weight and round down use your fucking brain If ur 186.1 u missed the weight I dont care what country your in .If your 170.9 u missed the weight for 170.0 u know and I know it
3/27/13 1:40 AM
Winston Wolf

orcus - 
caposa - 
orcus - 
caposa - 

Who knows? 

For me, the part that is so bizarre about this is that people take Nick being told as suggestion that something was wrong with GSP.

We know they drop the decimals, so why tell Nick at all if they had reason to be concerned about GSP possibly being over? If he were 170.9 his weight would be announced as 170 and that would be the end of it.

If the video were GSP being told he could weigh 170.9, people would be outraged that he is being given license to "cheat".

But  the video is DIAZ being told HE could weigh 170.9 -- yet people somehow still take this as GSP being given license to "cheat".

See the problem? No matter what, it somehow looks "shady" in favor of GSP to you guys. 

By the way, my guess is that the reason the UFC rep -- he was not an AC rep -- told Nick about the allowance is because there was that fuckup with his brother at the Benson Henderson weighin that led to confusion from the Cesar camp and a last minute cut. The UFC rep in this case was letting Nick know he didn't have to worry about that. Not as exciting a theory, I know.

seriously do u have a brain ? telling Diaz this an hour before weigh ins is bull crap.Diaz already was already on weight when they told him.If u had a brain u could see he was chilling and on weight he did his job making the weight you dont tell him an hour before that its 170.9 Im done with you,UFC should pay you
3/27/13 1:42 AM
Winston Wolf

why would nick worry when he already made weight was done sweating and was chilling knowing hes on weight NO they told him cause they knew damn well GSP was having trouble
3/27/13 1:42 AM
orcus

"u ccant be over the weight and round down use your fucking brain If ur 186.1 u missed the weight I dont care what country your in .If your 170.9 u missed the weight for 170.0 u know and I know it"

What is the part you don't get here? You don't make up the procedures for Quebec's athletic commission.

HERE IS WHAT THE QUEBEC ATHLETIC COMMISSION SAID: "However, our regulation on combat sports does not take decimals into account. "

Get it? It doesn't matter what YOU think they should do or which way you think they should "round". SHE'S SAYING THEY DROP EVERYTHING AFTER THE DECIMAL POINT.

3/27/13 1:45 AM
Winston Wolf

fine then dont inform Diaz of this an hour before weigh ins after he obviously was under the weight and done sweating .Diaz should have been told this way in advance not an hour before weigh in thats shady shit .Condit and Koz also didnt know about no .9 what a load of shit
3/27/13 1:50 AM
Winston Wolf

me traveling 12er -

Allucard -

caposa -

Jaybrone -

If anyone can show even a single bit of proof that GSP was over 170, please let us see it. If anyone can show that the commission changed their policies for this fight versus every other event they have held there, please provide it.

Nobody can give proof whether GSP was over 170 lbs, but I can give you proof that the Quebec commission has counted down to the decimal for past MMA event weigh-ins. I posted this in another thread but it seems relevant to this one too:

Ringside MMA 13 weigh ins, held under the Quebec athletic commission, counting down to the decimal. Same cast of characters.

Mar 17, 2012

265lbs- Eric Barrak (237.6) vs. Paul Cheng (252.8)
155lbs- Mike Ricci (156.0) vs. Tony Hervey (155.4)
160lbs- Kevin Morin (159.8) vs. Stephane Lamarche (158.2)
155lbs- Olivier Aubin-Mercier (155.4) vs. Daniel Ireland (155.4)
155lbs- David Lafond (155.8) vs. Tim Chessell (148.0)
170lbs- Yohan Gariepy (170.6) vs. Christ Franck (171.0)
265lbs- Vladimir Starcencov (255.6) vs. Stephane Tessier (244.6)
155lbs- Dave Pariseau (155.0) vs. Louis-Christophe Laurin (--)*
155lbs- Mic Dufort (152.6) vs. Kyle Nelson (153.8)

feel free to google weigh-in results for any other Ringside MMA event held in Montreal, you will see they measure decimals

So why the special rules for the UFC?

So no comments on this huh?

Someone did. Boxing and smaller shows use the decimal. UFC's in Montreal dating back to 2008, with or without GSP, have all used whole lbs. Feel free to google every UFC in Montreal. Any comments?

I have some comments. Where did you hear that they only use decimals for smaller shows and Boxing? Here's the results for UFC 124 in Montreal from December 2010:

Main Event – UFC Welterweight Championship
Georges St-Pierre (170) vs Josh Koscheck (169)

Stefan Struve (253) vs Sean McCorkle (264)
Joe Stevenson (155.5) vs Mac Danzig (156)
Thiago Alves (171) vs John Howard (171)
Charles Oliveira (153.5) vs Jim Miller (155)

UFC.COM PRELIMS
Joe Doerksen (185.5) vs Dan Miller (184.5)
Mark Bocek (155.5) vs Dustin Hazelett (155)

PRELIMS
Rafael Natal (185) vs Jesse Bongfeldt (185.5)
Sean Pierson (170.5) vs Matt Riddle (170.5)
Ricardo Almeida (170.5) vs TJ Grant (170)
John Makdessi (155) vs Pat Audinwood (156)

So even though they were clearly rounding them off to .5, they were using decimals
3/27/13 1:51 AM
Winston Wolf

funny they used decimils then as long as poster boy made weight

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.