UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Team Diaz to file official complaint re: UFC 158

3/26/13 3:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Silverball
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP is still way to big a draw, and just like BJ Penn's greasing accusations, this will go nowhere in terms of what the public sees, but all future events in Montreal will be run according to the rules stated in UFC fighter contracts.
3/26/13 4:01 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bet this is all Cesar.  Cesar is the devil.

3/26/13 4:01 PM
da Vinci 81
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eagleswhat2 -
Nexuscrawlers - 

what would this even accomplish?

get the fight ruled to be not a championship fight? (gsp keeps belt anyway)

fight gets ruled no contest? (gsp keeps belt anyway)

nick diaz gets immediate rematch? (gsp keeps belt anyway, most likely)

i mean, i understand its shady, but complaining about it after the fight wont really change anything

"Section 168 of the Regulation respecting combat sports provides that the maximum weight that a fighter must achieve at the official weigh-in shall be determined in advance by contract - and if the fighter does not make the contracted weight - in this case 170 pounds - then 20% of his purse or "the contestant's remuneration" will be deducted and paid to his opponent (subsections (7) and (8)). The contracted weight for this fight was 170 pounds. 170.9 is not 170, anywhere in the world, for a title fight. There is no question what "170 pounds" means, in the bout agreement, as a matter of contractual interpretation....Nick like this part

The game screwed him over after the condit fight so his turn to hit the system. Rules are rules. You got his haters calling him a drug addict and saying he is unprofessional for having weed(metabolites) in his system, but when GSP can't make the weight the fight was contracted at and Diaz wants whats right Diaz is just being a. ass in your horrible view.

This forum reminds me of US Politics.
And what evidence does Diaz' camp have that gsp did not make weight? Phone Post
3/26/13 4:06 PM
Kerouac
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mama Penn at it again...

oh wait.
3/26/13 4:07 PM
Kerouac

da Vinci 81 - 
eagleswhat2 -
Nexuscrawlers - 

i mean, i understand its shady, but complaining about it after the fight wont really change anything

"Section 168 of the Regulation respecting combat sports provides that the maximum weight that a fighter must achieve at the official weigh-in shall be determined in advance by contract - and if the fighter does not make the contracted weight - in this case 170 pounds - then 20% of his purse or "the contestant's remuneration" will be deducted and paid to his opponent (subsections (7) and (8)). The contracted weight for this fight was 170 pounds. 170.9 is not 170, anywhere in the world, for a title fight. There is no question what "170 pounds" means, in the bout agreement, as a matter of contractual interpretation....Nick like this part

The game screwed him over after the condit fight so his turn to hit the system. Rules are rules. You got his haters calling him a drug addict and saying he is unprofessional for having weed(metabolites) in his system, but when GSP can't make the weight the fight was contracted at and Diaz wants whats right Diaz is just being a. ass in your horrible view.

3/26/13 4:10 PM
JOESONDO
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone should tell Diaz that it costs money to file complaints even if not successful. At this rate he'll be fighting just to support all his legal cases.
3/26/13 4:15 PM
Nexuscrawlers
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eagleswhat2 - 
Nexuscrawlers - 

i was asking some legit questions, no need to get hostile, and i dont think diaz is "just being an ass".

i honestly forgot about the 20% purse thing (thank you ugctt_creepysmustachewax for giving the same response but not being a douche), but even then, its just money, its not like it changes the outcome of the fight or the direction of their careers/legacies.

THATS why i think its pointless, it doesnt really change anything in the big picture, and honestly, the 20% of GSP's purse isnt going to be much after he pays legal fees if he decides to sue.

3/26/13 4:16 PM
sacredhate
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

da Vinci 81 - 
eagleswhat2 -
Nexuscrawlers - 

I'd like to know this too.
3/26/13 4:17 PM
MysteriousNinjaFromMars
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shady
3/26/13 4:20 PM
JOESONDO
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

da Vinci 81 - 
eagleswhat2 -
Nexuscrawlers - 

The burden of proof sits with the Diaz camp. The conversation the official had before hand would not qualify as proof. He's going to need witnesses that will testify GSP did not make 170 or an official scale record. I'm not even sure those scales keep records.

This is likely going to cost Diaz a lot of money in legal fees and is unlikely to go anywhere.
3/26/13 4:27 PM
slamming

LOL at the whole Diaz camp. Bunch of fucking babies. Worst losers in the sport. This will go nowhere as per every other complaint of theirs. Phone Post
3/26/13 4:28 PM
Bipolar

AlexanderTheGOAT -  A lot of shady shit went down before/after that fight Phone Post

Really? Name one that had even the slightest impact on the actual fight.
3/26/13 4:31 PM
Bipolar

Sal Penis -  The point is GSP and the Canadian Athletic Commisions CHEATED. Bent the rules. Shady as fuck. What's up with the drug testing? What are they trying to hide? GSP is shady!

FAAN-DAAHNN-GO! Phone Post

How exactly did GSP 'cheat'?
3/26/13 4:31 PM
WolfTicketedByMartialArtsMixed

mychiclooksgood -
WolfTicketedByMartialArtsMixed - Good they need to,The QC commission cheated I don't care if its 1 pound or 20 they still bent the rules for the hometown guy! Phone Post
Lol nice screename not hard to figure out your still mad for picking Diaz Phone Post
I don't give a shit about a screen name on a Internet forum bro lmao,How's George safe Pierre's dick taste? Phone Post
3/26/13 4:32 PM
slamming

da Vinci 81 -
eagleswhat2 -
Nexuscrawlers - 

They probably never considered they needed actual evidence. Phone Post
3/26/13 4:33 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Take your loss as a camp like men and get over it. You lost go win some fights and you'll get a title fight again it's that simple
3/26/13 4:34 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

While using this as a campaign for a rematch is ridiculous, of this is true then it should be addressed.

One fighter should never be favored over another that's bullshit, hope it's not true. Phone Post
3/26/13 4:36 PM
Rookie Fighter

Where's the evidence? Seems like if gsp is over the legal amount then Diaz wins the case if there's no evidence then I don't see the point of all this Phone Post
3/26/13 4:40 PM
chupecabre
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How ironic that a guy busted by AC's twice is filing a complaint about the AC? Maybe Nick ain't no bitch, but he sure loves to bitch.
3/26/13 4:42 PM
KnowKontrol
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Othello - Nick Diaz ain't no bitch..... oh wait.
Was gonna post something like this... I thought the allure of Nick was that he indeed was not a bitch. I am still a huge fan but damn nick... It's not like they will just hand you the belt. Phone Post
3/26/13 4:46 PM
EdTheGreat

eagleswhat2 - 
Nexuscrawlers - 

GSP didn't make weight?
3/26/13 4:48 PM
WolfTicketedByMartialArtsMixed

mychiclooksgood -
WolfTicketedByMartialArtsMixed -
mychiclooksgood -
WolfTicketedByMartialArtsMixed - Good they need to,The QC commission cheated I don't care if its 1 pound or 20 they still bent the rules for the hometown guy! Phone Post
Lol nice screename not hard to figure out your still mad for picking Diaz Phone Post
I don't give a shit about a screen name on a Internet forum bro lmao,How's George safe Pierre's dick taste? Phone Post
Phone Post
"Your mom" jokes,how old are you 10?Na you're probably a 35 year old. Phone Post
3/26/13 4:51 PM
Bipolar

My guess is that this ridiculous mess was instigated by a piece of trash attorney who realized that Nick just made a boatload of money and came up with a way to personally take advantage of Diaz and cash in. The piece of garbage lawyer approached the Diaz camp with these potential complaints and whipped them all into a frenzy and persuaded them to pursue legal action. I'm guessing this is the work of some slimy attorney who is simply taking advantage of Nick in order to make some quick money off the poor bastard.
3/26/13 4:52 PM
da Vinci 81
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slamming -
da Vinci 81 -
eagleswhat2 -
Nexuscrawlers - 

They probably never considered they needed actual evidence. Phone Post
details, details.....

"You can win this case nick, we've got a real shot here! You'll get a rematch AND 20% of his purse."

oh btw, here's my last invoice. Phone Post
3/26/13 5:01 PM
meekie01

Hope he has to rematch haha... if you struggle to make weight at welterweight then its off to middleweight you should have to go... stop trying to bend the rules just so you dont have to fight silva! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.