UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Team Diaz to file official complaint re: UFC 158

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/26/13 5:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JOESONDO
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMANOOB695 - 

Ha, ha... love it. It's our turn now to argue about contractual obligations since you guys love to bring up Nicks failure to meet his press conferences and passing drug tests etc.

How about squeaky clean GSP, does he need to make 170.0 or not? Does he have to pass a drug test or not?

Nick has already paid for his failures...

I prefer this method of complaining, through legal counsel.

What is 20% of GSP's purse anyway?

Diaz's lawyers also prefer this method. They get paid regardless of outcome.
3/26/13 5:06 PM
chupecabre
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Take your ball and go home Nick. No one wants to play with you anymore. You need some sort of Tony Robbins type help. You're a self sabotaging loser with a "why me" attitude. Grow a fucking pair.

3/26/13 5:27 PM
Caligulus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy fuck.

Grow the fuck up this is baby shit. GSP won. get over it.
3/26/13 5:28 PM
Nexuscrawlers
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BernardHopkins -
Nexuscrawlers - 

what would this even accomplish?

get the fight ruled to be not a championship fight? (gsp keeps belt anyway)

fight gets ruled no contest? (gsp keeps belt anyway)

nick diaz gets immediate rematch? (gsp keeps belt anyway, most likely)

i mean, i understand its shady, but complaining about it after the fight wont really change anything

what could it accomplish?

probably putting $2 million in Nicks retirement account.
That's assuming gsp's contracted to make 10million. Also assuming the lawyer fees won't be very much.

If he has proof or eye witnesses, then good, go after it. But either way, its not going to change much if anything in the big picture. He still lost, and gsp won't get stripped of the belt, even if diaz wins proves he didn't make weight. Phone Post
3/26/13 5:29 PM
kevsh
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/26/13 5:29 PM

Over a week later and Nick still isn't over losing. Move on 'bro...

3/26/13 5:30 PM
caposa
1926 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/26/13 5:49 PM

Stephane Patry (GSP's ex-manager) had this to say just now on Twitter:

"I worked with the Quebec commission for over 12 years and this "decimal not counting" explanation is BS...
I have no idea, but why is the RACJ trying to fool people with this kind of explanation? I've ran over 60 weigh-ins with them and the decimal always counted. Watch videos, they announce the decimals every time...
it's BS, I don't know why they constantly want to fool people when they make mistakes. This is 100% untrue: they count it. which is ridiculous and against their own rules (if they really said that). I've always added 1 pound to fighters contract BECAUSE the Quebec comm. never allowed extra time as written in their rules..."

3/26/13 5:39 PM
UGCTT_Shope
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And Nick's just adding more reasons for me not to like him. What a surprise. Phone Post
3/26/13 5:40 PM
Freddie Gavaria
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa - 

Stephane Paltry (GSP's ex-manager) had this to say just now on Twitter:

"I worked with the Quebec commission for over 12 years and this "decimal not counting" explanation is BS...
I have no idea, but why is the RACJ trying to fool people with this kind of explanation? I've ran over 60 weigh-ins with them and the decimal always counted. Watch videos, they announce the decimals every time...
it's BS, I don't know why they constantly want to fool people when they make mistakes. This is 100% untrue: they count it. which is ridiculous and against their own rules (if they really said that). I've always added 1 pound to fighters contract BECAUSE the Quebec comm. never allowed extra time as written in their rules..."

Innnteresting...

3/26/13 5:47 PM
Dougie
1306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only Jake Sheilds can solve this mystery!

3/26/13 5:48 PM
Carl Sonnen

Nick seems to be sending most of his money to this lawyer lately. This seems like sour grapes and whining. Really sad to see. Knock it off, already.
3/26/13 5:49 PM
mclay
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
3/26/13 5:52 PM
youarewhatiswrong
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's it. I can't be a Diaz fan any more. Act like a man, take your beatings like a man. Next time try fighting like a man.
3/26/13 5:56 PM
caposa
1926 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/26/13 5:56 PM

The people saying this is just another Diaz excuse or he is whining:

There is suspicious behavior on the side of an athletic commission involving a title fight. This has nothing to do with the results of the fight itself. How can you not grasp that this is a big deal?

We now have former members of the Quebec commission coming out saying that the RACJ's excuse was bullshit. Can you guys drop the GSP/Diaz nonsense, take off your safety helmets for a second, and look at the big picture?

3/26/13 5:56 PM
Aiderbooze

Dana should offer Nick a rematch but tell him the fight purse is only $50 bucks.
3/26/13 5:57 PM
zebers3
652 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Question: I realize that there is that video of those commission dudes telling Nick that the decimal doesn't count. But does anyone even know if GSP actually didn't make weight? Did anyone actually see the scale saying 170.9 or is everyone just making that assumption based on the fact that they were allowed to weigh that much?

Regardless of the answer, everyone should just move on with their lives.
3/26/13 6:02 PM
Malvert the Janitor
1257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

20.9 Phone Post
3/26/13 6:04 PM
DanielCaton

In all legal matters, Nick has a real case here.  The only issue is weather Canada has an exemption clause or the fact the commision didn't tell GSP he is missing weight and would have to cut the .9 pounds.

I know GSP fans think this is bullshit, well "LEGALLY" speaking this is legit.  Nick won't collect the full 20%, but I would wager a blue name he gets somewhere between 5-13% of GSP's purse.

That number from PPV buys and payout could be anywhere between $450,000-$1,170,000 based on an average $9,000,000 payday GSP is rumored to get.  But, that's an average payday, from what the UFC hinted around to was that this one did eceptionally well; north of 800,000 ppv buys.

So with that in mind, one can assume that Diaz might snake somewhere between 1.5 to up to 2million.  That's a nice lawsuit worth pursueing.  Especially when you're retiring and un-retiring at the drop of a hat, or takedown rather.

3/26/13 6:04 PM
ender852
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This might be the dumbest thing I've heard in a week. If either of the contestants was overweight in a title fight, the match continues as a non title fight. Congratulations Nick, you lost a non title fight. Phone Post
3/26/13 6:07 PM
KZTT_W85
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BOMDC - Can we just have a subforum for anything Diaz, Rousey, and Fox...
Add jbj to that list. He has a fight coming up, shit will get crazy around here closer to fight time Phone Post
3/26/13 6:11 PM
MisterMr
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bunch of babies. Grow up.
3/26/13 6:18 PM
88samurai88
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol..and the shenanigans continue with the S"crap" pack and 209 diaz/cesar gracie camp...its embarrassing these guys are a joke...im calling it now..when Bendo destroys el niño melendez there will be another verbal Diarrhea of excuses and bullshit from that whole team/guys. Phone Post
3/26/13 6:20 PM
Bentleysuper8

Diaz and Tito must live in the same alternate reality.
3/26/13 6:23 PM
Batarnaque
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OMFG. This is painful. Kinda hoping for Nick to stay retired now.

I could go on a massive rant here but the past two Nick fights and ESPECIALLY the sore loser whiny post-fight bitchery makes me want to forget his awesome career pre-2012.
3/26/13 6:24 PM
jinn366
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/26/13 6:26 PM

Every time I read discussions on legal matters on the UG, I think of this.

3/26/13 6:25 PM
Humphrey

Ahh, I see Diaz following in BJ's steps.

He lost, get over it, none of this will amount to anything.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.