UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Team Diaz to file official complaint re: UFC 158

3/26/13 6:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Humphrey
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ahh, I see Diaz following in BJ's steps.

He lost, get over it, none of this will amount to anything.
3/26/13 6:28 PM
Jbarr83

DanielCaton -

In all legal matters, Nick has a real case here.  The only issue is weather Canada has an exemption clause or the fact the commision didn't tell GSP he is missing weight and would have to cut the .9 pounds.

I know GSP fans think this is bullshit, well "LEGALLY" speaking this is legit.  Nick won't collect the full 20%, but I would wager a blue name he gets somewhere between 5-13% of GSP's purse.

That number from PPV buys and payout could be anywhere between $450,000-$1,170,000 based on an average $9,000,000 payday GSP is rumored to get.  But, that's an average payday, from what the UFC hinted around to was that this one did eceptionally well; north of 800,000 ppv buys.

So with that in mind, one can assume that Diaz might snake somewhere between 1.5 to up to 2million.  That's a nice lawsuit worth pursueing.  Especially when you're retiring and un-retiring at the drop of a hat, or takedown rather.

Ppv cuts aren't reported to the commission. And the $9 mill includes his endorsements. Based on his last fight he got $200k to show + $200k to win. With the lawyer fees in a fight diaz has a small chance in winning, it's not worth it imo Phone Post
3/26/13 6:34 PM
JOESONDO
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BernardHopkins - 
Nexuscrawlers - 

what would this even accomplish?

get the fight ruled to be not a championship fight? (gsp keeps belt anyway)

fight gets ruled no contest? (gsp keeps belt anyway)

nick diaz gets immediate rematch? (gsp keeps belt anyway, most likely)

i mean, i understand its shady, but complaining about it after the fight wont really change anything

what could it accomplish?

probably putting $2 million in Nicks retirement account.

Diaz will not get part of GSP's purse because he would need to prove GSP was over. A 0.9 allowance does not mean he was 0.9 over. Unless he has hard proof that isn't going anywhere.

He could try to sue the athletic commission for mishandling the fight, hope the decision is overturned and he gets a rematch. That's hail mary at best. He's already sued the Nevada Athletic commission and that didn't work out either.
3/26/13 6:37 PM
jinn366
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BernardHopkins - 
Humphrey - Ahh, I see Diaz following in BJ's steps.

He lost, get over it, none of this will amount to anything.

yea but fuck that

just because something doesnt pan out in court, doesnt mean nothing was wrong

And if this doesn't work, he'll get his mom involved, like BJ did.

3/26/13 6:38 PM
Bipolar

DanielCaton - 

In all legal matters, Nick has a real case here.  The only issue is weather Canada has an exemption clause or the fact the commision didn't tell GSP he is missing weight and would have to cut the .9 pounds.

I know GSP fans think this is bullshit, well "LEGALLY" speaking this is legit.  Nick won't collect the full 20%, but I would wager a blue name he gets somewhere between 5-13% of GSP's purse.

That number from PPV buys and payout could be anywhere between $450,000-$1,170,000 based on an average $9,000,000 payday GSP is rumored to get.  But, that's an average payday, from what the UFC hinted around to was that this one did eceptionally well; north of 800,000 ppv buys.

So with that in mind, one can assume that Diaz might snake somewhere between 1.5 to up to 2million.  That's a nice lawsuit worth pursueing.  Especially when you're retiring and un-retiring at the drop of a hat, or takedown rather.

So, 'in all legal matters, Nick has a real case.' Let's just forget for a moment that that does not even make sense. Clearly, you're not an attorney. And I believe that Nick is suing for equity, not monetary damages. Moreover, if in fact GSP weighed 170.9, Nick STILL would not be entitled to any of GSP's purse, since it would result only in the event being declared a non-title fight.
3/26/13 6:42 PM
Winston Wolf
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i gotta be honest and I cant stand Diaz and GSP is one of my favs But if they allowed an extra .9 thats fucking cheating The video clearly shows them telling Diaz they were allowing an extra .9 Thats cheating flat out
3/26/13 6:48 PM
OzLoco
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz used to do his talking in the ring.
3/26/13 6:48 PM
JOESONDO
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanielCaton - 

Where are you getting that he would get any percentage of GSP's purse? Aside from getting the numbers wrong (he would not get any part of the PPV or endorsements) where is the crucial part of proof? He can't use suspicion as proof. He has no case and is going to piss away the money he did make on frivolous lawsuits.
3/26/13 6:50 PM
chupecabre
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanielCaton - 

I'll take that bet.

You're completely wrong by the way.
3/26/13 6:52 PM
Winston Wolf
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the video shows them telling Diaz they were going to allow an extra .9 and announce it as 170 thats favoritism and cheating.Im done this sport is no better than WWF
3/26/13 6:56 PM
Eliddle
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys know what really is street?

Official complaints. Tough stuff bro.
3/26/13 6:56 PM
Tweener

Diaz Camp - Full Steam Ahead!

3/26/13 6:58 PM
clockwork655321

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEgrsLy25yY

Just watched the GSP VS Condit weigh ins. Not a single fighter weighed in at anything other than a full pound. This is clearly the way this athletic commission weighs people in. Nothing to see here. I'm sure if I go back to other weigh ins in Montreal I would see the same thing.
3/26/13 7:00 PM
pennviachoke
1230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tweener -

Diaz Camp - Full Steam Ahead!

Hahahaha

Nicks instagram is hilarious today, I think he's losing it Phone Post
3/26/13 7:01 PM
Braziliant

Nick should at least wait to see if he passes his own drug test before starting useless shit like this. Just saying. It would be pretty funny if he got popped for weed again.
3/26/13 7:02 PM
Dr Bombay
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So did GSP actually weigh 170.9? Phone Post
Herring In A Fur Coat

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings

Not reading the whole thread but did Mother Diaz get involved yet?

Leghound
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/26/13 7:03 PM

Fuck, between the hand wraps, the press conferences, etc. I just want this guy to go away.  I used to enjoy watching him fight but he obviously hasn't evolved his game and has shown nothing that tells me he can hang with the top ranked guys in the division unless they decide to play his game - which they obviously won't as they are too cerebral to dumb down their game like that.  I hope he gets a bunch of unfavorable matchups and whines his way out of the UFC.  Seems he'd be happier doing triathlons anyways and it'd get him away from spending money on more unsuccessful legal hours.

3/26/13 7:03 PM
JitznPound

Nick needs more cash to pay off his tax debt Phone Post
3/26/13 7:03 PM
chupecabre
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

clockwork655321 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEgrsLy25yY

Just watched the GSP VS Condit weigh ins. Not a single fighter weighed in at anything other than a full pound. This is clearly the way this athletic commission weighs people in. Nothing to see here. I'm sure if I go back to other weigh ins in Montreal I would see the same thing.

Not a single fighter weighed in at anything other than a full pound? I know what you're saying but it reads funny. I lol'd.
3/26/13 7:04 PM
TheGoldenRule
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ no. Cesar hasnt posted yet Phone Post
3/26/13 7:04 PM
clockwork655321

chupecabre - 
clockwork655321 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEgrsLy25yY

Not a single fighter weighed in at anything other than a full pound? I know what you're saying but it reads funny. I lol'd.

haha yeah poor wording on my part.
3/26/13 7:08 PM
jinn366
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My Sub is ending in a month and a half. May as well have some fun with my Photoshop skills until then.

3/26/13 7:09 PM
Il Duce
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Finger pointing only gets you to the next drama. It doesn't help in solving your own problems. That's just my experience. I used to live in a world where everything was everyone else's and the world's fault, and I was just a victim of circumstance. At a certain point you have to look within to fix your shit.

3/26/13 7:12 PM
pennviachoke
1230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leghound -

Fuck, between the hand wraps, the press conferences, etc. I just want this guy to go away.  I used to enjoy watching him fight but he obviously hasn't evolved his game and has shown nothing that tells me he can hang with the top ranked guys in the division unless they decide to play his game - which they obviously won't as they are too cerebral to dumb down their game like that.  I hope he gets a bunch of unfavorable matchups and whines his way out of the UFC.  Seems he'd be happier doing triathlons anyways and it'd get him away from spending money on more unsuccessful legal hours.

This, I just can't be a fan of him anymore. I still like Nate though Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.