UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Team Diaz to file official complaint re: UFC 158

3/26/13 9:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jaybrone
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Butt hurt is strong in that camp jesus.

3/26/13 9:21 PM
chaplinshouse
716 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

they did make an exception for their hometown guy that i'm willing to bet they wouldn't have made for nick.  they gave no notice it was ok, that changes a lot for a fighter down the home stretch who busted his ass to stay in guidelines.  for that, i am glad they're bringing light to this exception

that said i'm not interested in seeing gsp fight anyone again, not even diaz.  he's unwilling to accept any risk in a fight.  won't go for subs, won't go for ko's.  just cares about points

3/26/13 9:24 PM
Bipolar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Btw, for all you who think Nick is going to file some kind of civil suit against GSP, that's not happening. We're talking about international law at this point since the alleged damage took place in Canada, GSP is a Canadian citizen, and Diaz is an American. Typically the only entities that have recourse to financial remuneration in international cases are very large corporations and governments, and even then it's difficult to have a case heard. Diaz will not be suing GSP personally or looking to a Canadian court for relief; that I guarantee. And American courts have no jurisdiction over Canadian citizens, except perhaps in some sort of very extreme, anomalous case.
3/26/13 9:32 PM
jimbonice

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes -
The middle fingers of NickDiaz - Smh Phone Post
I know, bro. I can't wait until we get to the bottom of this. Phone Post
We are at the bottom. Phone Post
3/26/13 9:40 PM
Jaybrone
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If anyone can show even a single bit of proof that GSP was over 170, please let us see it. If anyone can show that the commission changed their policies for this fight versus every other event they have held there, please provide it.

3/26/13 9:40 PM
Pessimist_Pete

If they didn't supervise the drug test, I'd sure like to hear about it. Phone Post
3/26/13 9:44 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
RileyPust - This all seems shady, especially since GSP actually got noticeably fatigued during the fight. That is an indication of a tough weight cut.

What doesn't make sense, however, is the fact that Nick was even informed about this .9 lb weight allowance. You'd think that if it was a coverup about Georges' weight, why not just allow Nick to go on thinking they both had to make 170 on the dot? They would've allowed for GSP's extra weight without ever saying anything, and Nick would've made 170 without ever questioning anything. It just doesn't make sense to tell him, much less telling him while he's sitting with a group of his friends and training partners.

It would be shady if the commission always used decimal points up to the fight, or card.  However, evidence has been shown that all UFC's held with this commission dating back to 2008 were to the exact pound and did not use decimal points. 

Seems like it was pretty standard to me.

Ah, thanks for the info. I'm admittedly uninformed on the matter and fairly heavily medicated at the moment. I'm glad you said that because Georges is my favourite fighter, like I said... a coverup doesn't make sense.

It does seem like a massive oversight to wait as long as they did before telling Nick about the weight allowance, though. Is there any more on that part of the story yet? I'm kind of outta the loop.
3/26/13 9:58 PM
Jaybrone

Edited: 03/26/13 9:58 PM
Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes - 
Jaybrone -

If anyone can show even a single bit of proof that GSP was over 170, please let us see it. If anyone can show that the commission changed their policies for this fight versus every other event they have held there, please provide it.

You're a fucking idiot who can't objectively look at anything involving Nick Diaz, so stfu Phone Post

3/26/13 10:03 PM
Jaybrone

Pessimist_Pete -  If they didn't supervise the drug test, I'd sure like to hear about it. Phone Post

This is something I most definitely agree with. If there wasn't proper testing I want to know about it most definitely. 

3/26/13 10:11 PM
caposa
1654 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/26/13 10:11 PM
Jaybrone - 

Nobody can give proof whether GSP was over 170 lbs, but I can give you proof that the Quebec commission has counted down to the decimal for past MMA event weigh-ins. I posted this in another thread but it seems relevant to this one too:

Ringside MMA 13 weigh ins, held under the Quebec athletic commission, counting down to the decimal. Same cast of characters.

Mar 17, 2012

265lbs- Eric Barrak (237.6) vs. Paul Cheng (252.8)
155lbs- Mike Ricci (156.0) vs. Tony Hervey (155.4)
160lbs- Kevin Morin (159.8) vs. Stephane Lamarche (158.2)
155lbs- Olivier Aubin-Mercier (155.4) vs. Daniel Ireland (155.4)
155lbs- David Lafond (155.8) vs. Tim Chessell (148.0)
170lbs- Yohan Gariepy (170.6) vs. Christ Franck (171.0)
265lbs- Vladimir Starcencov (255.6) vs. Stephane Tessier (244.6)
155lbs- Dave Pariseau (155.0) vs. Louis-Christophe Laurin (—)*
155lbs- Mic Dufort (152.6) vs. Kyle Nelson (153.8)

feel free to google weigh-in results for any other Ringside MMA event held in Montreal, you will see they measure decimals

So why the special rules for the UFC?

3/26/13 10:12 PM
LeastLegit
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If GSP was overweight then this fight should changed to a NC.
3/26/13 10:15 PM
GloverRampagedMyBrownEye
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BOMDC - Can we just have a subforum for anything Diaz, Rousey, and Fox...
This Phone Post
3/26/13 10:25 PM
Jaybrone

Jaybrone -
Jaybrone -

You're a fucking idiot who can't objectively look at anything involving Nick Diaz, so stfu Phone Post

Nope, for two reasons:

1. I'm not half illiterate like you are.

2. I can objectively discuss topics about a fighter I don't like, in my case GSP, which is exactly what you can't do with a fighter you don't like, Diaz. Phone Post

1. If you are so litterate then how can you not see I didn't say one negative thing in that post about Diaz?

2. You can't be objective in anyway regarding Nick,

I will freely admit Nick is a talented fighter and have done so on many occassions. I even said going into the Condit fight on this very forum that it is a hard fight to call and could go either way. I have said on this very forum that Nick is a tough match up for many top WW and I would love to see him take on a guy like Martin Kampmann and think he could win it. I also think he could potentially beat guys in the top 10 like Koscheck, Lawler (again), and even Condit in a rematch (if he fought smarter). But I surely hate him and can't be objective. 

3/26/13 10:25 PM
Allucard

caposa - 
Jaybrone - 

Nobody can give proof whether GSP was over 170 lbs, but I can give you proof that the Quebec commission has counted down to the decimal for past MMA event weigh-ins. I posted this in another thread but it seems relevant to this one too:

Ringside MMA 13 weigh ins, held under the Quebec athletic commission, counting down to the decimal. Same cast of characters.

Mar 17, 2012

feel free to google weigh-in results for any other Ringside MMA event held in Montreal, you will see they measure decimals

So no comments on this huh?
3/26/13 10:33 PM
CNDMMAFan

Come on guys, seriously, this is what, BS thing number 3 or 4 out of the Diaz camp since the fight, the wraps were an issue, then it was GSP had insider information, that nick was going to roll for a kneebar, now its drug testing and a decimal point. This is the newest Greasegate, that's all it ease. If I see Nick's mom at a commission hearing I am definitively laugh my ass off.
3/26/13 10:35 PM
OmgItsTheWams
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at all the gsp fans crying about the Diaz fans if the tables were turned you guys would be destroying the commission and ufc on this subject Phone Post
3/26/13 10:45 PM
Jaybrone

Allucard - 
caposa - 
Jaybrone - 

Mar 17, 2012

Hadn't seen it thank you. It does prove the commission is full of shit.

3/26/13 10:46 PM
The_Spider
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

This is on its way to becoming worse than UFC 94, and at least that time there was something Penn fans could use to substantiate their accusations. 

This just comes across as petulance

3/26/13 10:46 PM
drrilll
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When Diaz fights his lawyer gets his hand raised.
3/26/13 10:48 PM
time traveling 12er
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Allucard - 
caposa - 
Jaybrone - 

Mar 17, 2012

Someone did.  Boxing and smaller shows use the decimal.  UFC's in Montreal dating back to 2008, with or without GSP, have all used whole lbs.  Feel free to google every UFC in Montreal.  Any comments?

3/26/13 11:11 PM
rjhartman

Seems like its been shown that you could come in up to 1lb. over and still be considered to have made weight. Or is that just a Nevada/Las Vegas thing?
3/26/13 11:11 PM
JunkieDog

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
OmgItsTheWams -  Lol at all the gsp fans crying about the Diaz fans if the tables were turned you guys would be destroying the commission and ufc on this subject Phone Post

The problem is the Diaz fans are attacking GSP as if he had something to do with it.  I'd 100% understand if Nick just wanted answers from the commission but after it's the wraps, and then the insider info, all complaints with every other loss, and now this, it gets ridiculous.

And of course none of them will acknowledge the other UFC's in Montreal, including Shogun vs Lyoto with NO GSP on the card, where the weigh ins were handled the exact same way.

Sorry, but if you're gonna come in here slinging facts around I'm gonna have to ask you to leave. It's a Diaz thread, there's simply no room facts. Now, get lost.
3/26/13 11:17 PM
rjhartman

rjhartman - Seems like its been shown that you could come in up to 1lb. over and still be considered to have made weight. Or is that just a Nevada/Las Vegas thing?
Only for non-title fights. With a belt on the line anywhere in the U.S., you have to be on weight exactly Phone Post

Thanks for the clarification.
3/26/13 11:19 PM
aka_rtotheoh

first thing nick says afyer the fight, i dont wanna sit here and make excuses, followed by, he wrestled me, didnt fight, i was flat, he weighed more, his drug test was shady, many other excuses. get over it and just fight someone else. we love watching you fight! just fight! dont talk unless its shit about your opponent before the fight Phone Post
3/26/13 11:22 PM
OmgItsTheWams
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JunkieDog -
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
OmgItsTheWams -  Lol at all the gsp fans crying about the Diaz fans if the tables were turned you guys would be destroying the commission and ufc on this subject Phone Post

The problem is the Diaz fans are attacking GSP as if he had something to do with it.  I'd 100% understand if Nick just wanted answers from the commission but after it's the wraps, and then the insider info, all complaints with every other loss, and now this, it gets ridiculous.

And of course none of them will acknowledge the other UFC's in Montreal, including Shogun vs Lyoto with NO GSP on the card, where the weigh ins were handled the exact same way.

Sorry, but if you're gonna come in here slinging facts around I'm gonna have to ask you to leave. It's a Diaz thread, there's simply no room facts. Now, get lost.
Where has a shady rule been implemented for a title fight? No title fight is to be held above the weight class limit I'm not saying it was a factor just shady move by the commission Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.