UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Team Diaz to file official complaint re: UFC 158

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/27/13 12:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
caposa
1981 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/27/13 12:17 AM
jcblass -
From another thread

"vilGumby - I cornered a fighter for a title fight in a non-UFC regional promotion in Canada back in 2008 and back then the 170.X rule was in place. It was a in fact a welter weight title fight in that promotion and our opponent came in heavy (we came in at 169 if I remember correctly).

I argued long and loud both for a purse percentage as well as for our opponent to have to cut to 170.0. He was allowed to cut to 170.9 and allowed the fight with no penalties (as a title fight). Ultimately I sat down at the weigh-ins with both the commission as well as their lawyer and was told that 170.X was 170 and that was the way it was going to be. "The commission had spoken, case closed, etc."

This was at the Max Bell Center in Calgary, Alberta in 2008. Promotion was not UFC but it was the Canadian commission and this was their policy back then."

So there is some confirmation that this "off the record" rule has been around for a while. Also seems like neither the fighter or his team were aware of it.

3/27/13 12:13 AM
ChaosOverkill
860 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMANOOB695 - 

It's not GSP's fault, he had nothing to do with it.  

Where have I heard that line before?  Let's see, ummm.... yeah thats right, GSP never cheats...

At least our boy comes to fight and all you got is performance enhancing metabolites on him.

our boy? You're one of those people that says we when talking about a sports team aren't you?

3/27/13 12:15 AM
OmgItsTheWams
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
OmgItsTheWams - 
JunkieDog -
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
OmgItsTheWams -  Lol at all the gsp fans crying about the Diaz fans if the tables were turned you guys would be destroying the commission and ufc on this subject Phone Post

The problem is the Diaz fans are attacking GSP as if he had something to do with it.  I'd 100% understand if Nick just wanted answers from the commission but after it's the wraps, and then the insider info, all complaints with every other loss, and now this, it gets ridiculous.

And of course none of them will acknowledge the other UFC's in Montreal, including Shogun vs Lyoto with NO GSP on the card, where the weigh ins were handled the exact same way.

Sorry, but if you're gonna come in here slinging facts around I'm gonna have to ask you to leave. It's a Diaz thread, there's simply no room facts. Now, get lost.
Where has a shady rule been implemented for a title fight? No title fight is to be held above the weight class limit I'm not saying it was a factor just shady move by the commission Phone Post

It appears to be their rule.  It's not shady if it's the way it's been for years and neither opponent benefits.

Where was your outcry for Machida vs Shogun II?  Or is it just because it's Nick Diaz losing and this will be added to the laundry list of excuses for every....single.....one......of.......his.......losses?

If it's not shady how was the Diaz camp not notified of this before the day of weigh ins? The rule is complete shit regardless the lb allowance shouldnt be allowed if you sign to fight at a weight come in at that weight or lower Phone Post
3/27/13 1:22 AM
Enemies
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz needs to smoke a bowl, chill, and consider dropping to 155 where he still wouldn't stand a chance at winning a championship.
3/27/13 1:41 AM
CHILLITACO
702 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RampageFitsLikeAGlove -

Let me guess, another attorney convinced Nick that he can handle this case for $100K and Cesar/Nick didn't think tossing all the money out the window suing the NSAC was enough?

Exactly. What they think will possibly happen is BEYOND STUPID. The ufc may "obide" by the Quebec regulations but its a private company. Gsp doesn't have to do shit, even if by a miracle they actually win the case.

Go buyba Bentley and throw it out and pitnthe badge onnyour beat up Honda nick. Its a much better investment. Phone Post
3/27/13 1:43 AM
da Vinci 81
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OmgItsTheWams -
RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
OmgItsTheWams - 
JunkieDog -
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
OmgItsTheWams -  Lol at all the gsp fans crying about the Diaz fans if the tables were turned you guys would be destroying the commission and ufc on this subject Phone Post

The problem is the Diaz fans are attacking GSP as if he had something to do with it.  I'd 100% understand if Nick just wanted answers from the commission but after it's the wraps, and then the insider info, all complaints with every other loss, and now this, it gets ridiculous.

And of course none of them will acknowledge the other UFC's in Montreal, including Shogun vs Lyoto with NO GSP on the card, where the weigh ins were handled the exact same way.

Sorry, but if you're gonna come in here slinging facts around I'm gonna have to ask you to leave. It's a Diaz thread, there's simply no room facts. Now, get lost.
Where has a shady rule been implemented for a title fight? No title fight is to be held above the weight class limit I'm not saying it was a factor just shady move by the commission Phone Post

It appears to be their rule.  It's not shady if it's the way it's been for years and neither opponent benefits.

Where was your outcry for Machida vs Shogun II?  Or is it just because it's Nick Diaz losing and this will be added to the laundry list of excuses for every....single.....one......of.......his.......losses?

If it's not shady how was the Diaz camp not notified of this before the day of weigh ins? The rule is complete shit regardless the lb allowance shouldnt be allowed if you sign to fight at a weight come in at that weight or lower Phone Post
What makes you think they weren't notified? How many times now has the Diaz camp used the "nobody told us" excuse for blowing off press conferences, media obligations and other things in the past?

The is the same camp who turned a simple exhibition grappling match into a clusterfuck because of communication issues as well. And the same camp who let his brother Nate come in heavy for a title fight because they were too ignorant to know he couldn't be over for it.

Their entire camp seems to be full of idiots who can't get anything right. Phone Post
3/27/13 5:04 AM
I LOVE GSP

time traveling 12er - 
Allucard - 
caposa - 
Jaybrone - 

If anyone can show even a single bit of proof that GSP was over 170, please let us see it. If anyone can show that the commission changed their policies for this fight versus every other event they have held there, please provide it.

Nobody can give proof whether GSP was over 170 lbs, but I can give you proof that the Quebec commission has counted down to the decimal for past MMA event weigh-ins. I posted this in another thread but it seems relevant to this one too:

Ringside MMA 13 weigh ins, held under the Quebec athletic commission, counting down to the decimal. Same cast of characters.

Mar 17, 2012

265lbs- Eric Barrak (237.6) vs. Paul Cheng (252.8)
155lbs- Mike Ricci (156.0) vs. Tony Hervey (155.4)
160lbs- Kevin Morin (159.8) vs. Stephane Lamarche (158.2)
155lbs- Olivier Aubin-Mercier (155.4) vs. Daniel Ireland (155.4)
155lbs- David Lafond (155.8) vs. Tim Chessell (148.0)
170lbs- Yohan Gariepy (170.6) vs. Christ Franck (171.0)
265lbs- Vladimir Starcencov (255.6) vs. Stephane Tessier (244.6)
155lbs- Dave Pariseau (155.0) vs. Louis-Christophe Laurin (—)*
155lbs- Mic Dufort (152.6) vs. Kyle Nelson (153.8)

feel free to google weigh-in results for any other Ringside MMA event held in Montreal, you will see they measure decimals

So why the special rules for the UFC?

So no comments on this huh?

Someone did.  Boxing and smaller shows use the decimal.  UFC's in Montreal dating back to 2008, with or without GSP, have all used whole lbs.  Feel free to google every UFC in Montreal.  Any comments?

that seems very crooked, why the lack of consistency?
3/27/13 9:45 AM
buckshot44
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interdasting

3/27/13 9:46 AM
MattyECB
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WolfTicketedByMartialArtsMixed - 
mychiclooksgood -
WolfTicketedByMartialArtsMixed -
mychiclooksgood -
WolfTicketedByMartialArtsMixed - Good they need to,The QC commission cheated I don't care if its 1 pound or 20 they still bent the rules for the hometown guy! Phone Post
Lol nice screename not hard to figure out your still mad for picking Diaz Phone Post
I don't give a shit about a screen name on a Internet forum bro lmao,How's George safe Pierre's dick taste? Phone Post
Phone Post
"Your mom" jokes,how old are you 10?Na you're probably a 35 year old. Phone Post

Pretty funny that you make a pun and a gay joke, then tell someone else he's immature.

Cause if there one thing I know about, it's only ten year olds (and thirty five year olds?) make mom jokes, but real bosses tell other dudes they fellatio dicks then make clever puns on those dudes...
cus like everyone likes a guy who makes puns
3/27/13 11:38 AM
Il Duce
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is gangster warfare. Phone Post
3/27/13 12:09 PM
DanielCaton

GSP fan boys Why,

3/27/13 12:10 PM
chaplinshouse
853 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

don't let go! don't let go! he'll fuck you up dude don't let go!!!

3/27/13 12:48 PM
Bucephalus

TheBlackFist - So far Diaz Camp has claimed that:

- GSP had an insider spying for them in the Diaz camp
- His handwraps where suspicious
- He came in overweight and the commission conspired to cover it up
- He's on steroids and the commission again conspider to cover it up by not properly supervising him

geez, any other excuses left to make?

Excuses? Do you even know what an excuse is? He didn't say "I lost because.."

He said GSP lacks honor and didn't play by the rules. Pretty straightforward.

I'm not saying he's right, but he's not "making excuses".
3/27/13 12:59 PM
orcus

"I'm not saying he's right, but he's not "making excuses"."

lol. Are you serious?

3/27/13 12:59 PM
Fugazi

Give Diaz a rematch.

Case closed.

3/27/13 3:43 PM
Enemies

http://sports.ca.msn.com/top-stories/ufc-offers-generic-response-to-diaz-beef
3/27/13 3:45 PM
Enemies

Fugazi - 

Give Diaz a rematch.

Case closed.

Makes less sense than Big Foot vs. Cain again.
3/27/13 3:49 PM
Jambo888
1234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

maybe he should get his mom to complain too... or if she's busy, see if bj's mom is free

3/27/13 3:54 PM
Jambo888
1234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chaplinshouse - 

don't let go! don't let go! he'll fuck you up dude don't let go!!!

like he did for 13 min on the feet? like that? nick would fuck him up like that? that's what would happen? really? 

3/27/13 4:12 PM
CrazyPope
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love how Diaz is supposed to be one of the last of the old guard, yet apparently .9 pounds is a huge deal.
3/27/13 7:05 PM
PatrickVilone

HEY GUYZ GSP HASN'T FINISHED ANYONE IN ALMOST 5 YEARS!?!?!

BJ doesn't count really... when your opponents corner gives up for him it shouldn't be a TKO for you.

And they cut fitch

irrelevant post is irrelevant.

If GSP 100% weighed in over 170. Then he should have 20% of his purse given to Diaz. No rematch. No NC.

GSP probably makes over a million per fight. Who wouldn't want 20% of the purse? Especially if he actually did weigh in over
3/27/13 7:35 PM
Jaybrone
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fugazi - 

Give Diaz a rematch.

Case closed.

Ya give a second title fight to a guy who last won in Oct of 2011 and lost his last 2 fights. Makes perfect sense to me...

3/27/13 7:37 PM
guardbr8kr

GSP GSP GSP !!!!!
3/27/13 7:57 PM
orcus

KneeUpperCut Ios - GSP turns these tough "to da death george" guys into little bitches who get their mommas and camps to protest on their behalf after getting spanked.

Yeah, so true.

Before the fight it's all "I'm a real fighter, I'm from the streets, I'm here to fight not to play the game" and then after they get dominated and broken it's all "I'm having my lawyer file a complaint".

3/27/13 8:54 PM
Jambo888

PatrickVilone - HEY GUYZ GSP HASN'T FINISHED ANYONE IN ALMOST 5 YEARS!?!?!

BJ doesn't count really... when your opponents corner gives up for him it shouldn't be a TKO for you.

And they cut fitch

irrelevant post is irrelevant.

If GSP 100% weighed in over 170. Then he should have 20% of his purse given to Diaz. No rematch. No NC.

GSP probably makes over a million per fight. Who wouldn't want 20% of the purse? Especially if he actually did weigh in over

bj is one of the goats - to deal with him you had to be elite

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.