UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fabricio Werdum TUF 2, Nog, Mir, Title,aftrTrainin

3/26/13 4:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DanTheWolfman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/26/13 4:21 PM

Enjoy. We all hit pads, multiple 5 min rounds, then did some GnP training w lil gloves where I got to go with him a few times, Rafael Dos Anjos, and another really skilled Brazilian.

I first grappled Fabricio back in Mi. in like 2000 I believe before he fought Erickson in Pride (Pride 19 I attended I believe and covered for Fighters Only) and people knew whom he was. I have sparred him Boxing in the past a couple times. This was first time doing lil gloves, and he kept telling me to hit him harder, well until you are comfortable w them, especially with a true HW you don't want to pop them too hard with lil gloves as Payback can me Nasty :).

I will say in one scramble I got back up to my feet only to find him throwing knees, not sure how much to continue or how hard to go, so I just drove in with a few med. punches until there was like a break away and Master Rafael broke us cause round was just about over.
3/26/13 4:17 PM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 03/26/13 4:31 PM

I did get complemented afterwards for having a great base which was nice to hear.  I love Kings MMA and Master Rafael Cordiero is my favorite coach I have had.  Subscribe to my http://youtube.com/DanTheWolfman1 and if you really want to learn some great and unique stuff look at my DVD packages at http://TheCombatSystem.com  Long DVD's and 2 packs with Helpful Menus.  

I did have some good little bruises and a nice Easter Egg behind my ear from a punch from his guard, which I was worried about because I had a second day of doing stunts on NCIS today (for opener in probably 3 weeks on Episode "Berlin") but I covered it up myself before getting to make up and luckily no one freaked out about it. Just sharing, because going with top HW's is a bit intimidating if you don't know how hard to go without nasty retribution and thought some like the little stories. I sparred Cain w Big Gloves a week be4 he fought Bigfoot, but he hadn't said a word to me in the changing room or nothing so that was a bit worrisome a week out from the fight (cause close to fight time your biggest objective is not to hurt them in anyway especially as outsider, nor does anyone like getting mauled). It takes awhile to be able to go really hard with someone and know it won't turn full out or get cuts etc.

Please TTT Bump the thread, thanks. Anyone around GR, Mi. April 4th will be doing another seminar.
3/26/13 5:46 PM
DanTheWolfman

t3
3/26/13 6:07 PM
ThEUniT

WOLFMAN! Phone Post
3/26/13 7:57 PM
DanTheWolfman

thanks Unit, TUF 2 now has subtitles guys
3/26/13 8:27 PM
Tat2tillidie
357 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for posting Dan and imagine if you went crazy on Cain you could have ended up like this

TTT Phone Post
3/27/13 2:37 AM
DanTheWolfman

Actually I hit Cain with a lead sidekick to gut, not too hard, but I was like "Oh Shit" since it seems some guys turn it up if you do anything even half way out of old school or MT normal. Standing we were ok, I got clinched against Cage, then he did a Tae Itoshi, like a lateral drop with the foot reap. Thank God he didn't pound me bloody in GnP from there and we had a nice scramble eventually too.
3/27/13 2:46 PM
burner22
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanTheWolfman - Actually I hit Cain with a lead sidekick to gut, not too hard, but I was like "Oh Shit" since it seems some guys turn it up if you do anything even half way out of old school or MT normal. Standing we were ok, I got clinched against Cage, then he did a Tae Itoshi, like a lateral drop with the foot reap. Thank God he didn't pound me bloody in GnP from there and we had a nice scramble eventually too.
He did a tae otoshi? Pretty sure that's not a lateral drop. Cool story tho bro. Is werdum as good on the ground as u thought he would be? Phone Post
3/28/13 2:13 PM
DanTheWolfman

t3 do you like the interview? I prob should have asked him about predictions for HUNT/JDS too, oh well
3/29/13 10:03 PM
DanTheWolfman

2x

I think fighters are now looking at their official rankings from UFC, and looking to use that to help them negotiate fights good for their careers. Makes sense.
3/31/13 12:29 PM
DanTheWolfman

t3
6/5/13 4:38 PM
DanTheWolfman

Werdum/Nog Sat........watch the interview and bump plz
6/5/13 8:49 PM
DanTheWolfman

ttt
6/7/13 6:17 PM
DanTheWolfman

Up big fight 2mrw!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.