UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Everyone always cries about rematches

3/26/13 7:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

but oddly enough now a bunch of crybabies are demanding one for Nick Diaz.

Nick had absolutely nothing for GSP in any aspect of MMA. He even got more tired and had lower output, which his nuthuggers mistakenly insist is Nick's greatest strength and something he has over every other fighter in the sport.

Who the fuck wants to see this rematch? Why?

3/26/13 7:07 PM
chupecabre
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If GSP did in fact weigh .9 pounds more, that would explain Nick's inability to get anything going on the ground. Why does nobody get this?
3/26/13 7:09 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think its stupid to even suggest a rematch. Diaz got dominated for 5 rounds, and .9 of a lb and/or suspect hand wraps played no role whatsoever in the fight.

The crybabies are the Diaz fans that can't seem to understand that Nick isn't the invincible world-beater they thought he was. Once the Diaz hive-mind accepts this fact, this will all die down as suddenly as it arose.

3/26/13 7:12 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chupecabre - If GSP did in fact weigh .9 pounds more, that would explain Nick's inability to get anything going on the ground. Why does nobody get this?

Because they don't know math like you know math?

3/26/13 7:15 PM
caposa
1833 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am a huge Diaz fan and have no interest in a rematch. What I do have an interest in is whether some shady bullshit was going on behind the scenes at the Quebec athletic commission.

Forget the characters involved, there was an unprecedented allowance of .9 lbs for this title fight. Diaz and his camp were not informed until the day of weigh-ins.

Carlos Condit fought under the same commission 5 months prior for UFC 158 and was never informed of any allowance.

A former member of the Quebec commission has now come out and said that this allowance excuse was bullshit and it was never done in the past.

Anyone who cannot connect the dots is dense as fuck.

3/26/13 7:21 PM
WhoShotYushinOkami
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Constant rematches suck.

I remember back in the day Chuck fought 6 straight fights with all of them being rematches.

As a fan of Nick, he does not deserve a rematch at the moment!

3/26/13 7:23 PM
SilentSamurai8

chupecabre - If GSP did in fact weigh .9 pounds more, that would explain Nick's inability to get anything going on the ground. Why does nobody get this?
You are obviously trolling right? No disrespect...seriously wondering. Phone Post
3/26/13 7:26 PM
SilentSamurai8

caposa -

I am a huge Diaz fan and have no interest in a rematch. What I do have an interest in is whether some shady bullshit was going on behind the scenes at the Quebec athletic commission.

Forget the characters involved, there was an unprecedented allowance of .9 lbs for this title fight. Diaz and his camp were not informed until the day of weigh-ins.

Carlos Condit fought under the same commission 5 months prior for UFC 158 and was never informed of any allowance.

A former member of the Quebec commission has now come out and said that this allowance excuse was bullshit and it was never done in the past.

I totally respect the way you put that. I'd like to see what comes of this in the coming weeks. Obviously they, amongst the UFC, would have reason to protect Canada's "favorite son".

But when he fights in Vegas next against JH and does the same, no one will talk about this.

The commission may have been worried about his weight and bent the rules in his favor and that in itself is shady. But I don't believe that GSP success is a product of cheating as a whole. Phone Post
3/26/13 7:29 PM
Leghound
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa - 

Hadn't heard about the former commission member.  Will be interesting to see how this whole debacle shakes out

3/26/13 7:31 PM
I LOVE GSP

I haven't been paying attention, but if GSP was over 170 he was over the limit. screw the Quebec commission.

looks like I got a lot of reading to do. and maybe I should protest my screen name bet outcome.
3/26/13 7:46 PM
Kings21
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I LOVE GSP - I haven't been paying attention, but if GSP was over 170 he was over the limit. screw the Quebec commission.

looks like I got a lot of reading to do. and maybe I should protest my screen name bet outcome.

But if the Quebec commission's definition of being over the limit is 171 and not 170.9 then this is a non-issue as far as GSP being overweight. Should the Quebec commission count decimals? Yes they should. But they dont. Thats that.

Throughout all of these threads I have yet to even see that GSP actually weight in a .9 or anything over 170.0. From what I gather, the commission has a rule that they dont use decimals. Not that they found out GSP was going to weigh in at 170.9 and decided to change the rule.
3/26/13 7:49 PM
I LOVE GSP

Kings21 - 
I LOVE GSP - I haven't been paying attention, but if GSP was over 170 he was over the limit. screw the Quebec commission.

But if the Quebec commission's definition of being over the limit is 171 and not 170.9 then this is a non-issue as far as GSP being overweight. Should the Quebec commission count decimals? Yes they should. But they dont. Thats that.

Throughout all of these threads I have yet to even see that GSP actually weight in a .9 or anything over 170.0. From what I gather, the commission has a rule that they dont use decimals. Not that they found out GSP was going to weigh in at 170.9 and decided to change the rule.

caposa -

Stephane Patry (GSP's ex-manager) had this to say just now on Twitter:

"I worked with the Quebec commission for over 12 years and this "decimal not counting" explanation is BS...
I have no idea, but why is the RACJ trying to fool people with this kind of explanation? I've ran over 60 weigh-ins with them and the decimal always counted. Watch videos, they announce the decimals every time...
it's BS, I don't know why they constantly want to fool people when they make mistakes. This is 100% untrue: they count it. which is ridiculous and against their own rules (if they really said that). I've always added 1 pound to fighters contract BECAUSE the Quebec comm. never allowed extra time as written in their rules..."
3/26/13 8:01 PM
grafzep
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That should be a fight time or weigh-in time challenge, not a wait until my ass is beat for 5 rounds challenge.

Rule broken-yes- but you have to object in timely fashion imo. I assume that is why weigh-ins are public and fighters and their representatives are present.
3/26/13 8:02 PM
Kings21
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I LOVE GSP - 
Kings21 - 

caposa -

"I worked with the Quebec commission for over 12 years and this "decimal not counting" explanation is BS...
I have no idea, but why is the RACJ trying to fool people with this kind of explanation? I've ran over 60 weigh-ins with them and the decimal always counted. Watch videos, they announce the decimals every time...
it's BS, I don't know why they constantly want to fool people when they make mistakes. This is 100% untrue: they count it. which is ridiculous and against their own rules (if they really said that). I've always added 1 pound to fighters contract BECAUSE the Quebec comm. never allowed extra time as written in their rules..."

Ok I do find this interesting. Does she still work for them? Maybe this rule is something that was changed in the past few years?

Watching the weigh ins for 154, GSP-Condit, held in Montreal, all weights appear to be on the button...145, 170, etc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEgrsLy25yY

Havent watched all 30 minutes of it but I skipped around to a few weigh ins and it seems pretty consistent.
3/26/13 8:02 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I LOVE GSP - 
Kings21 - 

caposa -

Uhm... look no further than the last UFC held in Quebec and you can see that they haven't used decimals in the past. Resentment much?

I definitely think they should use decimals, and it's kinda messed up a bunch of fighters don't know about it, but the precedent was there before the last event.

3/26/13 8:03 PM
RazorMMA
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chupecabre - If GSP did in fact weigh .9 pounds more, that would explain Nick's inability to get anything going on the ground. Why does nobody get this?
If Diaz was 169 and gsp 170 would that have the same effect as your .9 statement? Phone Post
3/26/13 8:04 PM
RazorMMA
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz bjj was nullified by gsps wrestling. Period. Phone Post
3/26/13 8:08 PM
Kings21

As I watched more of the 154 weigh in, I see that john macguire weighed in at 171. do you think he was 171.0? I doubt it.
3/26/13 8:10 PM
Chris27

I'm fine with rematches when they are needed, I was fine with BJ/Edgar, Edgar/Maynard and I understood why Edgar/Bendo 2 happened, thats fine with me.

GSP/Diaz is not needed and not wanted by anyone, GSP is better than Diaz, he proved it the first time, 50-45, Diaz has nothing for him.

3/26/13 8:44 PM
JerodR
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People are going to hate me for saying this but I would rather see Nick vs. Anderson that another Nick/GSP fight. Here is why... Nick is damn near impossible to finish, and loves to stand up with anyone. Anderson obviously loves to stand up as well, and would not want to go to the ground with Nick. I think Anderson wins this fight all day long, but I would still love to see it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.