UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Going to my first UFC

3/26/13 7:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kazp306
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey UG, UFC 161(June 15) is shaping up to be a great event. Who's going? I know I am... I've never been to an MMA show bigger than 700 ppl. I'm heading up the day before so I'll probably catch a Joe Rogan show if he does one. What else should I check out?
3/26/13 7:42 PM
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have fun mate, I've found there is nothing like a live event. Phone Post
3/26/13 7:57 PM
Jo'donnell-Davies
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good on ya. Can't wait to go to a live event one day. UFC better com to Perth Australia! Phone Post
3/26/13 7:59 PM
Porkchop

It is tradition to go shirtless and paint "UFC" across your chest.

Make sure if a camera happens your way to flex to the best of your ability.
3/26/13 8:21 PM
awhite11
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Make sure you go to rogan. Typically lots of mma fans at the show prior to the event. Makes for a great time. Phone Post
3/26/13 8:32 PM
Public got Bigg Riggd

Porkchop - It is tradition to go shirtless and paint "UFC" across your chest.

Make sure if a camera happens your way to flex to the best of your ability.
It needs to say
UFC
Fuck the OG Phone Post
3/31/13 1:51 PM
Kazp306

Mabey I'll paint my chest in the likeness of Chuck Lidells face, using my niples as eyes
3/31/13 2:08 PM
UGCTT_mrthesnake
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Buy the $20 UFC earphones. That way you can still here rogan go bananas Phone Post 3.0
3/31/13 2:15 PM
crowbar
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joshua King - 
UGCTT_mrthesnake - Buy the $20 UFC earphones. That way you can still here rogan go bananas Phone Post 3.0
That's a real thing? Phone Post 3.0

Sure is.They use to cost $10.00,but have went up in price.

3/31/13 2:20 PM
FadeToBlack

I've been to three UFCs. It's a good experience but you'll be watching the big screen 99% of the time.
3/31/13 2:26 PM
dMo
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd apply twice, once before and after the weigh ins. Then once before the event.

You'll thank me later.

3/31/13 2:45 PM
mma trane
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dont forget if you see any asshole wearing a ug shirt go up to him and tell him in these exact words: "let me bang bro!" And then go on about your day
3/31/13 4:15 PM
Kazp306

Hahaha awesome I'll have to get some headphones the... Yeah the cage gets in the way for smaller shows, it's probably way worse with all the camera dudes. I'm gonna try and get a spot on the first balcony looking down so I get an overhead view. I was like ten feet from the cage at an amateur show at my work last night, the guy was like 30 and got ko'd by this 19 year old by a beautiful left hook, it happened right in font of me and I never saw exactly what happened until I saw the screen.
3/31/13 4:17 PM
Kazp306

Also I'll bring extra douche repellant... Am I gonna need a lot or should I just buy a v neck tap out shirt and try to blend in? Thanks guys
3/31/13 4:19 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC 156 was my first live UFC event. I have been to multiple regional shows and was at the Bellator premier on Spike a copy weeks prior to 156 and I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt UFC 156 was the greatest sporting experience of my life to date. Went to the weigh ins, went and saw Rogan the night before, and went to the event. It was insane how great of a time I had. Good luck, go, u can't go wrong with a live UFC event. Phone Post 3.0
3/31/13 4:26 PM
HolyHackZack
319 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've found the best ways to meet the fighters is find where the post-fight presser is at and just chill outside after the fights wrap up. Met Diaz bro's, Ben Henderson, Rory McDonald and plenty others this way. Phone Post 3.0
3/31/13 4:27 PM
UGCTT Captain America's Butler, Suck It Jobe!
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_SidRival - UFC 156 was my first live UFC event. I have been to multiple regional shows and was at the Bellator premier on Spike a copy weeks prior to 156 and I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt UFC 156 was the greatest sporting experience of my life to date. Went to the weigh ins, went and saw Rogan the night before, and went to the event. It was insane how great of a time I had. Good luck, go, u can't go wrong with a live UFC event. Phone Post 3.0
148 was my first. Phone Post
3/31/13 4:41 PM
khanriazaoif

UGCTT Captain America's Butler, Suck It Jobe! -
UGCTT_SidRival - UFC 156 was my first live UFC event. I have been to multiple regional shows and was at the Bellator premier on Spike a copy weeks prior to 156 and I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt UFC 156 was the greatest sporting experience of my life to date. Went to the weigh ins, went and saw Rogan the night before, and went to the event. It was insane how great of a time I had. Good luck, go, u can't go wrong with a live UFC event. Phone Post 3.0
UFC 148 is a nice "first" event to go to. Phone Post 3.0
3/31/13 4:44 PM
UGCTT Captain America's Butler, Suck It Jobe!
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

khanriazaoif -
It was insane, especially since the main event was Sonnen vs Silva 2. Phone Post
3/31/13 5:21 PM
Dana Stern

Been to a couple UFC fights and a few Strifeforce. Nothing like a live UFC Event though, from the weigh ins to the fight it's just awesome. I always stay where the fighters do it just adds to the experience. I met everyone in the card plus guys there just to see the show or cornering, to Goldie, Buffer, Joe Silva, Stich, Big John, Herb Dean. I didn't even seek them out they would just be in the lobby waiting around. Have a great time. Phone Post
3/31/13 5:42 PM
dMo
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kazp306 - Also I'll bring extra douche repellant... Am I gonna need a lot or should I just buy a v neck tap out shirt and try to blend in? Thanks guys

LOL just use as directed dude.

Iv'e only been to 3 through out the years and serously you are going to have a great time. Def try to make the weigh ins if you can. They do put the cameramen between the ring post so you do spend a bunch looking at the bigscreen. The energy in the place will more than make up for it. Running in to randome fighters and UG'ers is funn too.

3/31/13 5:52 PM
Kazp306

Thanks for all the tips guys, I'm really looking forward to this event haha. It would be cool to run into a fighter or two.... DAMN I'm pumped now! To bad it's not till June haha. What are the weigh ins like in person? Is there stuff to do besides the actual weigh in? Thanks!
3/31/13 10:34 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

khanriazaoif -
It was insane, especially since the main event was Sonnen vs Silva 2. Phone Post
And u got the fan expo experience also! Was super jelly I didn't go. Still had from with ur bro and Mark at 156. Even with Ben's busted knee haha. Phone Post 3.0
3/31/13 10:39 PM
BoonBackwards
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope you have fun Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.