UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Guitar Geekery

3/26/13 10:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ryan Wood
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know we have a lot of guitar players on mma.tv, does anyone put their skills to work in the realm of geekery? I've seen some really cool stuff on YouTube!

Today I covered the song Black Sheep by the band Metric -- but perhaps it's better known as the song that Clash At Demonhead plays in Scott Pilgrim vs The World. (Love that movie!!)

http://youtu.be/VlrB_5_rauY

I think it came out alright! Right now I'm working out Lithium Flower from Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex and Wind's Nocturne from Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete.

How about you guys? Does anyone else do this kind of stuff?
3/26/13 11:34 PM
The Elastic Assassin
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stop......gtfo.....i draw the fucking line at guitar geeks...
3/27/13 8:31 AM
paw
1437 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan Wood - I know we have a lot of guitar players on mma.tv, does anyone put their skills to work in the realm of geekery? I've seen some really cool stuff on YouTube!

Today I covered the song Black Sheep by the band Metric -- but perhaps it's better known as the song that Clash At Demonhead plays in Scott Pilgrim vs The World. (Love that movie!!)

I think it came out alright! Right now I'm working out Lithium Flower from Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex and Wind's Nocturne from Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete.

This is how it starts......  Next thing you know you'll have tons of j-pop and anime cover songs on your ipod.

*hides Samurai Champloo soundtrack*

3/27/13 11:17 AM
Ryan Wood
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

paw - 
Ryan Wood - I know we have a lot of guitar players on mma.tv, does anyone put their skills to work in the realm of geekery? I've seen some really cool stuff on YouTube!

This is how it starts......  Next thing you know you'll have tons of j-pop and anime cover songs on your ipod.

*hides Samurai Champloo soundtrack*

No.....no!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo

*hides 4 or 5 albums worth of Ghost In The Shell SAC OSTs* >_>;
3/27/13 11:37 AM
paw
1437 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

These might be up your alley (maybe not):

"Howling", "From Dusk to Dawn", "Innocent Sorrow" by Abingdon Boys School

"Nonsense After Image" by GRANRODEO

"Raison d'etre" by Nightmare

....and that's all I can think of at the moment that have a metal vibe.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.