UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> slingshot shooting

3/26/13 11:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DonkeyKick215
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ive rekindled an interest that comes back every few years.

Ive made a backstop out of a leakey air matress and leave a can on a string and love slamming it with marbles.
3/28/13 4:00 AM
JackFunk
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've always loved it as well. Was thinking about getting back into it.

So much fun to go camping have a few beers and plink cans.

4/5/13 1:34 PM
Zilla2000
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just broke out my new Trumark slingshot this weekend. I wasn't very accurate with just the rocks I was using. Do the marbles and ball bearing make a different in accuracy?
4/5/13 6:23 PM
JackFunk
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes, any non-round ammo will curve like a mofo in flight.

Huge difference in accuracy once you move to round ammo.

4/5/13 6:33 PM
DonkeyKick215
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have several. My favorite being a vintage aluminum wrist rocket that belonged to my uncles tennant from the 1970's.

Its non folding and I had to refurb the foam on the wristguard. I have on the heavy black bands. Very accurate up to 20 yards.

I use the sideways ez-e aim. line up top fork w left eye and line up bands to target. pull back to the same place every time.

hold your aim until long after you release. Follow through is crucial
4/7/13 2:01 AM
JackFunk

Edited: 04/07/13 2:11 AM

This was the first good one I bought myself as a kid, before that I had just homemade junk.

Saunders Falcon

This one is long gone, I grabbed a cheap crossman braced model but is was lame.

I've been eyeing something traditional like this sort of thing.

4/8/13 9:06 PM
DonkeyKick215

I like that saunders. Reminds me of the Barnett Diablo we recently gave to my 13 year old son.

I was also thinking of making a traditional slingshot. There is a big dude from germany on youtube who only shoots non wrist braced slingshots. Wrist braced slingshots are illegal in germany.

I wish I could find a good traditional ss locally as I dont like to buy online usually.
5/15/13 11:03 PM
martinburke
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rufus Hussey, the beanshooter man

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.