UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ellenberger-If I was GSP, fight Silva. Then retire

3/27/13 4:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rawlow1200
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jake Ellenberger talks about Georges St-Pierre's performance against Nick Diaz at UFC 158 and how he would match up against the Champ.
3/27/13 4:28 PM
Card
1816 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd be very surprised if GSP takes the Anderson fight.

I'd rather see Jones vs. Silva before Silva retires.

3/27/13 4:34 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He needs more time, he'll wait till Anderson Silva slows down significantly before he fights him if he ever does.
3/27/13 4:37 PM
shaqitup
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want to see GSP fight another WW first, probably Hendricks.

He didn't look great vs Diaz tbh, he was dominant but got tired easily and didn't seem as quick as usual.

There was a rumour he was a little sick, and had trouble with weight, so hopefully he performs well against hendricks. If he wins the fight in a dominant fashion, and takes little damage, then i would like GSP vs anderson.

If anderson is going to do these superfights it should probably be soon, the guy is 38 in a few weeks, which makes it even more incredible that he's still on top and still impressing.

3/27/13 4:43 PM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
519 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ManWithTheIronFists - He needs more time, he'll wait till Anderson Silva slows down significantly before he fights him if he ever does.
I think GSP will retire before Anderson does Phone Post
3/27/13 4:45 PM
Kings21
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit's Face Broke My Hand - 
ManWithTheIronFists - He needs more time, he'll wait till Anderson Silva slows down significantly before he fights him if he ever does.

I agree but I believe GSP wants Anderson and will ask for the fight after the Hendricks fight. Win or Lose I think GSP retires though after Anderson.

For the record I think Anderson destroys GSP.
3/27/13 5:38 PM
MediumRareMistake
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kings21 -

I agree but I believe GSP wants Anderson and will ask for the fight after the Hendricks fight. Win or Lose I think GSP retires though after Anderson.

He can't match GSP's riddum. 50-45 St. Pierre as he rides off into the sunset. Phone Post
3/27/13 5:42 PM
PrestigeWorldwide
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he should just beat all the young lions and then retire Phone Post
3/27/13 5:48 PM
subwrassler
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The middle fingers of NickDiaz -  GSP don't want that problem Phone Post

3/27/13 5:50 PM
Billyz

think his fight with Hendricks will be close to his last.
With Zahabi mentioning how his camps were not sustainable etc I think its on his mind. Usually with another fighter I would think that would spell disaster for his next fight, but GSP is just too professional for the retirement thought to affect his fighting
3/27/13 5:54 PM
sa80teur
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't see GSP v Silva happening. There's nothing for GSP in this matchup. Phone Post
3/27/13 6:11 PM
semtex0809

Card -

This Phone Post
3/27/13 6:16 PM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
519 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sa80teur - I don't see GSP v Silva happening. There's nothing for GSP in this matchup. Phone Post
Nothing? He can possibly become recognized as the goat, make a buttload of cash, and he has a legitimate "excuse" for losing with going up on weight. If it's his retirement fight, it's a no lose imo. Phone Post
3/27/13 7:05 PM
Kings21
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MediumRareMistake - 
Kings21 -

He can't match GSP's riddum. 50-45 St. Pierre as he rides off into the sunset. Phone Post

While I think its possible for GSP to take Anderson down every round, I dont think it happens and I definitely dont think he takes it 50-45 IF he does happen to win. I think Anderson opts to not fuck around and finishes George within 2 rounds. Wouldnt be surprised either way but thats just what I see happening. Both are great and will remain great after this match.
3/27/13 9:28 PM
DonFrye_Fan

I am a huge Ellenberger fan and if I were a WW in the UFC, I also would want GSP to fight Anderson and then retire. Phone Post
3/27/13 9:42 PM
Kostakio
387 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sa80teur - I don't see GSP v Silva happening. There's nothing for GSP in this matchup. Phone Post
Not only that but Silva is bigger naturally! Phone Post
3/27/13 9:57 PM
chaplinshouse
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Card - 

agreed.  he reinvents playing it safe he's not taking that.  diaz was right about one thing, he is scared

jones vs silva

3/28/13 5:18 PM
Rawlow1200
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

4/1/13 2:49 PM
Chiron
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry Jake, but the hardest thing to do isn't to be consistent. It's to consistently finish like Anderson does.
4/1/13 8:39 PM
Affliction Blackbelt
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/01/13 10:19 PM
I want GSP to take two more fights at welterweight and then retire. Forget Silva, he should be fighting Jones. Take your welterweight crown and retire on top (assuming he wins both fights).

But going out on Silva might make more sense for GSP money/career wise.
4/1/13 8:54 PM
orcus

He's right. GSP has more than enough money to retire on. It's inevitable he'll lose at 170 eventually and that would be a disappointing way to go out after all he's accomplished. Fight Anderson and retire win or lose, and he's still going out having beaten every man he ever fought at 170.

4/1/13 9:04 PM
Jaybrone
273 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nothing? He can possibly become recognized as the goat, make a buttload of cash, and he has a legitimate "excuse" for losing with going up on weight. If it's his retirement fight, it's a no lose imo. Phone Post

Exactly.

4/1/13 9:09 PM
mathew10lb
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well said jake. if i were gsp i would honestly give that alot of thought. not so bad losing to anderson than losing to hendricks. and u come out with butt load of money. Phone Post
4/1/13 11:14 PM
adame09
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP will lose to Hendricks and/or Ellenberger. Don't see him beating either Phone Post
4/1/13 11:32 PM
whoabro

mathew10lb - well said jake. if i were gsp i would honestly give that alot of thought. not so bad losing to anderson than losing to hendricks. and u come out with butt load of money. Phone Post
. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.