UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fake front kick into round house

3/28/13 5:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
blueheron20816
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good stuff. I actually use this technique, except in reverse. Fake a round kick to the ribs and turn it into a teep. Funny, never thought of doing it the other way around, thanks for posting.
3/28/13 7:31 PM
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thrash Athletics, CEO

He signed up, just waiting to be verified. 

3/29/13 11:36 PM
Old noob
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crush Crawfish - 

This answers my question. Thanks
3/30/13 3:42 AM
Sarsparilla Slim
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayama -

Thanks for sharing. Vote up.

. Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 9:55 AM
SamboMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
3/30/13 5:44 PM
Jason Reinhardt
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks for sharing. beautifull technique
3/30/13 5:48 PM
kingkoopa

Hywel Teague -
DW - 

Ahhh the 'brazilian/question mark' kick.  Cool vid he is very energetic

that is pantheon-level cluelessness

;)
Looks similar but ya it's definitely not the same Phone Post
3/30/13 7:26 PM
jessethekid
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
3/30/13 7:59 PM
NotsoMightySkull
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Sauce - 
redeye2000 - guy has great technique.

but i never like it when someone kicks and lowers his right hand at the same time.

i see that happening many times. and it leaves your whole side open.

someone with a good left hand in this case could give you a real nasty punch with his left hand if you miss the kick.

Although I agree, but as long as you are offensive their is always an open spot to hit.

Their is always a counter for a counter for a counter, etc

Good enthusiasm! It's always awesome to hear the instructor get excited teaching Phone Post

He talks and gestures with his hands when he teaches.
It helps him explain the technique better but takes his hands out of position. (Pretty much every instructor I have seen does this)
You can see this on the heavy bag video. His hand position is better when he is not in teaching mode and just hitting the heavy bag.

3/30/13 8:28 PM
Ninja Lee
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/30/13 8:32 PM
Hey all Lee here, 1st of all thanks for the warm response. I've read all the comments and I've taken a few things on board;

1. I'll be investing in a microphone, if anyone could recommend 1 I could wear while filming maybe that would be great.

2. Subtitles, not everyone can speak my particular out in the countryside near Manchester dialect. "sound mate, sound."

I'm wondering how I should post my future videos here, I know each community has it's own order, should I keep one "mega thread" and update it with my uploads or do you think individual threads would be better?

A few points on the video in the 1st post here. I 1st saw this technique as a child watching recorded Japanese karate tournaments and I also saw a wicked knockout with it at the Rajadamnern stadium in Thailand a few years back. Thanks for the clip already posted it's a perfect example of shin to jaw efficiency.

People have already addressed the "guard low" when kicking but I must say drawing down the arm on the kicking side is common technique. It's simply not possible to attack and stay completely defended, this is where timing, distancing and strategy come into play. In martial arts there will always be a "but what if?"

Here's another older video of mine, if you don't have this in your training routines then your kicks will love you for adding it in!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkppEmCrDXw

I'm still finding my style, as you can see from my channel I only have a few videos so far but now I am motivated to keep bringing out regular coaching clips. The 1st few videos in this thread were filmed in 1 take as I'm a total noob when it comes to video editing.

Any and all critisism is gratefully received, peace.
3/30/13 9:16 PM
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thrash Athletics, CEO
Ninja Lee - Hey all Lee here, 1st of all thanks for the warm response. I've read all the comments and I've taken a few things on board;

1. I'll be investing in a microphone, if anyone could recommend 1 I could wear while filming maybe that would be great.

2. Subtitles, not everyone can speak my particular out in the countryside near Manchester dialect. "sound mate, sound."

I'm wondering how I should post my future videos here, I know each community has it's own order, should I keep one "mega thread" and update it with my uploads or do you think individual threads would be better?

A few points on the video in the 1st post here. I 1st saw this technique as a child watching recorded Japanese karate tournaments and I also saw a wicked knockout with it at the Rajadamnern stadium in Thailand a few years back. Thanks for the clip already posted it's a perfect example of shin to jaw efficiency.

People have already addressed the "guard low" when kicking but I must say drawing down the arm on the kicking side is common technique. It's simply not possible to attack and stay completely defended, this is where timing, distancing and strategy come into play. In martial arts there will always be a "but what if?"

Here's another older video of mine, if you don't have this in your training routines then your kicks will love you for adding it in!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkppEmCrDXw

I'm still finding my style, as you can see from my channel I only have a few videos so far but now I am motivated to keep bringing out regular coaching clips. The 1st few videos in this thread were filmed in 1 take as I'm a total noob when it comes to video editing.

Any and all critisism is gratefully received, peace.
Yay, confirming it's lee from video. Phone Post
3/31/13 12:51 PM
aaronlynton
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HaoleBoy - he makes it look easy
This Phone Post
3/31/13 1:03 PM
per
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When I trained karate and we did point sparring that was a common technique, when you did full-contact you probably wouldn't use it.

It is sneaky and often lands but it is very difficult to get any useful power behind it. If you use your hips well and have perfect technique it can be decent but unless your name is Anderson or Lyoto you will probably use it only to keep your opponent guessing.
3/31/13 1:55 PM
jcblass

Rick Roufus used to knock people out with this technique early in his career. It is a fantastic move that I was able to use when I was an amateur kickboxer. The key to setting it up is throw two really hard front kicks with the intent of having them blocked. The opponent is then predisposed to look for the front kick and you can pivot and turn it over. Also, I would like to fake the front kick in the same way, but pull it back half way and launch forward into, I guess what people now call, a superman punch.
3/31/13 3:26 PM
Caligulus

I dunno why but watching this kick is addicting... its fucking awesome haha
3/31/13 3:45 PM
MrNiceguy66

Sick vids! VU Phone Post 3.0
3/31/13 3:48 PM
D241
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's another sneaky kick

3/31/13 4:09 PM
DiscipleDojo
628 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And if the kick doesn't land, they'll be hit in the face by the belt! (Seriously, that's the longest black belt I've ever seen, I think) 

Just teasing. Great video, great technique, and the accent is awesome. :)

What are the chances of getting Karl Pilkington involved in a future video? That would be fantastic.

4/1/13 3:10 AM
drey1

jcblass - Rick Roufus used to knock people out with this technique early in his career. It is a fantastic move that I was able to use when I was an amateur kickboxer. The key to setting it up is throw two really hard front kicks with the intent of having them blocked. The opponent is then predisposed to look for the front kick and you can pivot and turn it over. Also, I would like to fake the front kick in the same way, but pull it back half way and launch forward into, I guess what people now call, a superman punch.

Watch Roufus vs Tony Smith. Rick executes this move perfectly and knocks the guy out.
4/1/13 5:23 AM
Ninja Lee
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DiscipleDojo - 

And if the kick doesn't land, they'll be hit in the face by the belt! (Seriously, that's the longest black belt I've ever seen, I think) 

Just teasing. Great video, great technique, and the accent is awesome. :)

What are the chances of getting Karl Pilkington involved in a future video? That would be fantastic.

Haha yeah, the belt is also set to auto choke ;) LOL @ Karl, that would be quite an experience.

Gnight, not sure if you mean me but my next fight isn't set yet but I'm looking at the tail end of May onwards.

Just reposting this video to see if I can get it to embed properly, I'm still working this forum out.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NkppEmCrDXw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
4/1/13 6:05 AM
Free Beer
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ninja Lee needs a green name! Great videos, btw.
4/1/13 9:10 AM
Ninja Lee

lesnar911 - only bluenames can embed videos on this forum (and other paid members I guess).. So you either have to pay or be given one.

And you don't need subtitles. People just needs to listen a bit better if they're having problems.

Ahh I thought that may be the case, thanks for clearing it up.

The subs I was thinking would be more benefit to none native English speakers and anyone who doesn't speak it at all. I was also thinking eventually of having a website with a write up for each video where I will go into more detail. Just an idea atm, time will tell.

Thanks for linking the video free beer, you're the man!
4/4/13 11:20 AM
Ninja Lee

Just uploaded a new 1 today, would someone with magic powers be so kind as to embed the video here?

http://youtu.be/ulk_2JhlZC8

Just a short pointer on head movement when stood up. Everyone is taught to keep on their toes but I see a lot of people going flat footed when they start to bob and weave, hopefully this tip helps.
4/4/13 2:34 PM
MentaL

Thrash Athletics, CEO

xxx

4/5/13 12:47 AM
Kolsyrade
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.