UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fake front kick into round house

4/5/13 1:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kolsyrade
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Old noob - It doesn't look like something that generates a lot of power. I suck at recalling occurrences so I'll ask...any footage of this rocking somebody?

It is not the most powerful technique. But the point of it is to be sneaky.

If you can get it in unblocked, it does not HAVE to be that powerful.

4/6/13 11:18 AM
Ninja Lee
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks Dan <3 I'll be able to post my own links when I'm a real boy.

Great video too Kolsyrade and you are right, a few pounds of pressure on the button is all it takes. The shots we don't expect usually end up hurting the most.
4/9/13 10:29 AM
Ninja Lee
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got another couple new vids, this is 1.

http://youtu.be/hLloOKNlqQY

Correct body alignment means more effective techniques and less training injuries. I already had a slow kicking drill video but wanted to concentrate more on correct foot positioning here.
4/9/13 10:38 AM
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thrash Athletics, CEO

xxx

4/9/13 10:47 AM
zebers3
566 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whats the over/under on Andy or Machida finishing their next fight with this kick?
4/9/13 11:43 AM
hmeboy
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john joe - 
redeye2000 - guy has great technique.

but i never like it when someone kicks and lowers his right hand at the same time.

i see that happening many times. and it leaves your whole side open.

someone with a good left hand in this case could give you a real nasty punch with his left hand if you miss the kick.

its fine if you bring your opposite hand over to block the jaw, or your timing is correct.

or, post the kicking-side arm straight out and hide the jaw behind it as you would when throwing straight punch

Thought I'd add my 0.02$ here

Dropping your arm and shielding with your shoulder is fine, you just have to bring your arm back up immediately after the kick. Thais have been kicking this way for centuries.

Say you throw a right roundhouse, you've basically nullified your opponent's left attack (but not counter attack, this bring your effin hand back up immediately) - but you have to worry about HIS right attack. Bringing your left hand across to block the right side of your jaw is asking to be right hooked or high kicked into bolivion. (see gonzaga-dos santos)

Just my opinion bros
4/9/13 12:57 PM
savage043
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Later Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 2:40 PM
mchase126
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
4/12/13 11:03 AM
Ninja Lee

Don't think I posted this 1 yet. Just a pointer on head movement that can really help if you don't already know it.

http://youtu.be/ulk_2JhlZC8

"The style match up will dictate how far you are able to slip and move safely, the less restricted techniques the more careful you should be but in all circumstances balance is a must, I don't want to dodge a shot only to fall off balance and be in even more danger.

The whole point of the video is that raising your rear heel allows you more movement while keeping your balance, your head remains at a safer position where you can see shots coming and intelligently defend."
4/12/13 12:11 PM
john joe
388 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial
hmeboy - 
john joe - 
redeye2000 - guy has great technique.

but i never like it when someone kicks and lowers his right hand at the same time.

i see that happening many times. and it leaves your whole side open.

someone with a good left hand in this case could give you a real nasty punch with his left hand if you miss the kick.

its fine if you bring your opposite hand over to block the jaw, or your timing is correct.

or, post the kicking-side arm straight out and hide the jaw behind it as you would when throwing straight punch

Thought I'd add my 0.02$ here

Dropping your arm and shielding with your shoulder is fine, you just have to bring your arm back up immediately after the kick. Thais have been kicking this way for centuries.

Say you throw a right roundhouse, you've basically nullified your opponent's left attack (but not counter attack, this bring your effin hand back up immediately) - but you have to worry about HIS right attack. Bringing your left hand across to block the right side of your jaw is asking to be right hooked or high kicked into bolivion. (see gonzaga-dos santos)

Just my opinion bros

i wouldnt agree really; bringing the hand across is also standard thai and, as with the shoulder, theyve been doing it for centuries

youre moving the hand a tiny distance, its negligible, by the time your kick is thrown and you're returning to stance, its already back where it needs to be. You're not having to traverse some vast space with it.
4/12/13 12:36 PM
hmeboy
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You go to ten different camps, they'll teach you ten different ways :-)

I am just relating the way I was taught, and why it makes sense to me. I have always found that people who bring the hand across, forget to bring it back (or drop it) after the kick, or get tired and don't bring it back. The difference is moving a single hand back to position, or both hands back, and I think moving one back to place has less margin of error and less variables.

That is just anecdotal however, and I always say there really is no right or wrong, because nothing is totally risk free, and you gotta do what's right for you. Cheers

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.