UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Recommend me some comic book movies

3/27/13 11:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Del tha Funkee Homosapien
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just finished the Dark Knight Returns (which was excellent btw) and am looking for some more movies along this line. Love both Marvel and DC.

I've basically watched all the comic movies on Netflix
3/28/13 5:19 AM
UGCTT_omzzy
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i enjoyed justice league doom both the superman / batman animated movies superman vs the elite was excellent the arrow tv show is great young justice is also amazing and green lanter emerald knights plus green lantern first flight thats all i can think of thats outside of the normal big budget comic book movies in the top of my head
3/28/13 11:28 AM
Stickgrappler
1130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not Marvel or DC, but Dark Horse ... Sin City is a must-see if you are a comics geek to see how the movie closely adapted from the source material.

Marvel - just in case you didn't watch yet, Iron Man 1 and Avengers were awesome. I liked Captain America and Thor but it got mixed reviews
3/28/13 12:46 PM
paw
1176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Animated:

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

All Star Superman

Ultimate Avengers

Ultimate Avengers 2

Live Action:

30 Days of Night

Blade, Blade 2

The Crow

Hellboy, Hellboy 2: The Golden Army

Men In Black

Road to Perdition

3/28/13 4:35 PM
YVEL MACHIDA
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justice League Doom is the tits Phone Post
3/28/13 4:57 PM
backfist_barnesy
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What did everyone here think of the Watchmen movie? I never saw it but was thinking about downloading it and watching it sometime I can't remember the reviews it got when it came out

3/28/13 5:17 PM
YVEL MACHIDA
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

backfist_barnesy -

What did everyone here think of the Watchmen movie? I never saw it but was thinking about downloading it and watching it sometime I can't remember the reviews it got when it came out

I love the book but didnt really love the movie. Its pretty consistent with the book except the ending is diffefent Phone Post
3/28/13 7:20 PM
dizz
507 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

backfist_barnesy - 

I loved it. You'll get mixed reviews from fans of the GN, though. Some, like me, really love it, and some hate it. I actually thought the movie's ending was more elegant than the GN's.

I'd recommend watching the director's cut, though. There's a great scene in the DC where the original Nite Owl fights the Knot-Tops that gave me chills. It was unfortunately cut from the theatrical version.
3/28/13 7:24 PM
joe canada
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you've never read the comic book series, "Constantine" is a good, fun flick to watch.

If you're already familiar with the character, don't watch the movie. The Keanu Reeves version has little, if anything, to do with the iconic comic character.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.