UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jackson: Sonnen tougher than people think

3/27/13 11:53 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Chael Sonnen may have talked his way into a lightheavyweight title bout, but Jon Jones' coach admits that Sonnen is a tough fight and they are taking him seriously:

There are a lot of danger zones with Chael. Chael is tougher than a lot of people give him credit for. When we didn't want to fight him on three days notice or whatever, we'd never fight anybody on such short notice for somebody at Jon Jones level. People think he doesn't have any punching power, but then you see him drop Anderson Silva. Once he gets on top of you, it's trouble, and a lot of guys can't seem to get around that ground and pound style, so if you don't do things correctly with him, you get in trouble real quick.

We have to make sure we take him very seriously. He's a very tough opponent and he's very smart. He's going to try to negate the length and push the fight forward, and we have to be ready for that. We have to be ready for a 25 minute, all out war. He's going to try to wear Jon down with his cardio. We have to be ready for all of those eventualities to make sure that Jon is on point and ready and can execute his gameplan. It's not going to be an easy fight.

read entire article...

3/27/13 11:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
519 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think his lack of really deserving this fight has definitely made people underrate his chances of winning it.

3/27/13 11:59 PM
519 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herpaderp - silva isnt really the god everyone thinks he is. he got cocky defending a takedown and got hit with a straight that didnt have much power but did set up the rest of those rounds. chael has little power, no chin, not explosive, bad sub defense

3/28/13 12:06 AM
dahosse
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit's Face Broke My Hand -
Herpaderp - silva isnt really the god everyone thinks he is. he got cocky defending a takedown and got hit with a straight that didnt have much power but did set up the rest of those rounds. chael has little power, no chin, not explosive, bad sub defense

. Phone Post
3/28/13 12:08 AM
NavyCorpsmanBaraodMySN
655 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dahosse -

. Phone Post
. Phone Post
3/28/13 12:12 AM
Submissable
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herpaderp - i could probably beat anderson silva
Full retard. And so soon. Phone Post
3/28/13 12:13 AM

Herpaderp - resume isnt even top 10 for p4p best.. not close

3/28/13 12:15 AM

Herpaderp - how much would you pay to suck silvas balls fag

3/28/13 12:21 AM
DamnHenderson
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herpaderp is a god Phone Post
3/28/13 12:22 AM
UGCTT_CloudStrife
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herpaderp - if you think silva is making more than the majority of nfl/nba/mlb/nhl/soccer players you are delusional

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-10423863

Since he fights about 2 times a year I would say he makes more than the majority of them.  Then again you are just trolling so really not sure why I responded to you.  Go away now

3/28/13 12:25 AM
vaginal tear
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not saying he's not tough or a great challenge. He, like almost everyone else breath when put into the triangle submission. The prob with that is he ends up there a lot. Phone Post
3/28/13 12:25 AM
DamnHenderson
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Such a douchebag! He's sponsored by fucking Nike! N-I-k-e!! Phone Post
3/28/13 12:26 AM

Herpaderp - he doesnt make millions per fight and that has never been reported, one quote in misinterpreted english from gsp is what a lot of speculation is based on

id put his net worth around 10-15 million as the possible highest

3/28/13 12:26 AM
mixedmartialmike
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How hilarious would it be if Jones triangled him in the 5th after losing the first 4 rounds Phone Post
3/28/13 12:29 AM
DamnHenderson

Lorenzo Luciano -
Herpaderp - not really one of my sisters fiances is worth 80 mill
Whoa bro you are killing the life game right now, your sister is fucking a rich guy, how did you get so talented? Phone Post
I think he means 80 "mills".... Of oxi cotton. That's what he's worth.... Phone Post
3/28/13 12:34 AM
Rtchamp15
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a weird direction this thread has taken.
I better keep an eye on it. Phone Post
3/28/13 12:36 AM
DamnHenderson

Dude you're not laughing as hard as you think. Laughing is subjective. Your really not that good at laughing, more of a "hard" smile. I have a brother in law that laughs all day. Phone Post
3/28/13 12:37 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
747 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rtchamp15 -  What a weird direction this thread has taken.
I better keep an eye on it. Phone Post

Herpaderp derailed this thread quick with well, herpaderping....

3/28/13 12:40 AM

Lorenzo Luciano - 
Herpaderp - how much would you pay to suck silvas balls fag

Hahahaha fuck I wish I could vote you up Phone Post

It was the only logical answer lol

3/28/13 12:45 AM
UGCTT_CloudStrife
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol he got banned with the quickness. Thank you mods for getting rid of the trash in a timely manner.

3/28/13 12:45 AM
Phisher
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wait. What's this thread about?

3/28/13 12:47 AM

UGCTT_CloudStrife - 

lol he got banned with the quickness. Thank you mods for getting rid of the trash in a timely manner.

Seemed to be his goal. Really wasn't any point in arguing with him

3/28/13 12:49 AM
DamnHenderson

Wow. Not that I'm arguing....at all.but, what constitutes a ban? What exactly did he say that got him banned? Phone Post
3/28/13 12:50 AM

DamnHenderson -  Wow. Not that I'm arguing....at all.but, what constitutes a ban? What exactly did he say that got him banned? Phone Post

It was just an obvious troll account. No reason to keep them around. Could have been stuff in other threads too

3/28/13 12:51 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
747 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad he's gone.

Now let's get back to talking about what a badass tough mofo Chael Sonnen is :]

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.