UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Davis: Wrestling a stronger art form than jiu-jits

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
3/28/13 12:38 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"Vinny's jiu-jitsu doesn't concern me at all because he's bound by the laws of jiu-jitsu. I love jiu-jitsu. Jiu-jitsu is cool. It's fun. But some of the rules in jiu-jitsu, I break. I do the exact wrong thing, and it works for me because I follow the rules of wrestling, and with wrestling, it's a little bit stronger of an art form."

3/28/13 12:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shallowkal
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It doesn't matter as vinny is gonna knock him out Phone Post
3/28/13 12:44 PM
Kid Charlemagne
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR VINNY!! Phone Post
3/28/13 12:55 PM
KC007

I see this thread getting TTT'd if Vinny submits Phil. Phone Post
3/28/13 12:56 PM
caseharts
508 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love vinny but Phil is not lying to you. If you were to have kyle dake fight in mma vs marcello garcia dake would probably win. It would be a smug fest because marcello is not taking down kyle dake.
And I'm not even going to Olympic level wrestling his with no mma experience. Dake isn't a international champ line marcello. Jordan burroughs would beat any one in sport bjj in mma probably because they could never take him down. If It comes down to wanging I pick the better athlete most of the time. Phone Post
vaginal tear
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phil you poor uneducated fool. Your biggest lesson will be in front of millions of people.

Vinny for the win. FTW! Phone Post
caseharts
508 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With that said I think it will be a split decision that stays on the feet. Phone Post
3/28/13 12:57 PM
caseharts

vaginal tear - Phil you poor uneducated fool. Your biggest lesson will be in front of millions of people.

? He's highly educated. Phone Post
3/28/13 12:57 PM
RPBJJ
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No one with half a brain is gonna dismiss Vinnys BJJ. Phil is just hyping. Phone Post
3/28/13 1:01 PM
jdindiana
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Remember hearing something similar from Dave Herman Phone Post
3/28/13 1:02 PM
Mango Reinhardt

phil is doomed
3/28/13 1:06 PM
D241

Phil Davis wretsling far > than Dave Herman's wrestling.

This is a very interesting fight. Style wise, trash talk wise, ranking wise. I'm really looking forward to it.

I am pulling for UG's Vinny, but I like the cockyness and humor of Phil Davis.

3/28/13 1:08 PM
D241

I halfway agree with Vinny regarding wrestling over bjj. For shitty ass UFC rules where you can literally subdue and control your opponent for 15 minutes instead of fighting them, wrestling can have an edge as IN THE OCTAGON, it's being used to  stop a fight, not incite one.

In real life with the police not being able to interject, I'd go with bjj over wrestling.

3/28/13 1:08 PM
vaginal tear
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts -
vaginal tear - Phil you poor uneducated fool. Your biggest lesson will be in front of millions of people.

I guess I just invented sarcasm. Phone Post
3/28/13 1:14 PM
MT11

I love seeing you BJJ fanboys get butthurt over this topic. You're all just pussies who couldn't cut it in wrestling. Phone Post
3/28/13 1:16 PM
Ram Rod
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Phil posted on the UG everyone would be agreeing with him, I like Vinny but Phil wins this fight Phone Post
3/28/13 1:18 PM
Seats Taken
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I started wrestling when I was a little guy and then started BJJ and No-Gi grappling about 5 years ago... To most of the people I hear talking about MMA this is the logic:

Guy on top: He's wrestling.
Guy on Bottom: he's doing BJJ. Phone Post
3/28/13 1:19 PM
caseharts

vaginal tear -
caseharts -

I guess I just invented sarcasm. Phone Post
Sorry I'm text form at least for me I never get it. My apologies carry on. Phone Post
3/28/13 1:20 PM
Bisping KOd by CHRIST

Great wrestlers with 1yr bjj usually can dominate any bjj bb...why? All great wrestlers are tougher, work harder, mentally stronger & more athletic and far stronger than lazy brizillians. Wrestlers r cardiofreaks and embrace the suck of the grind & bad situations. Warriors vs guys in pajamas.
3/28/13 1:21 PM
MT11

Bisping KOd by CHRIST - Great wrestlers with 1yr bjj usually can dominate any bjj bb...why? All great wrestlers are tougher, work harder, mentally stronger & more athletic and far stronger than lazy brizillians. Wrestlers r cardiofreaks and embrace the suck of the grind & bad situations. Warriors vs guys in pajamas.
1 Phone Post
3/28/13 1:21 PM
caseharts

D241 -

I halfway agree with Vinny regarding wrestling over bjj. For shitty ass UFC rules where you can literally subdue and control your opponent for 15 minutes instead of fighting them, wrestling can have an edge as IN THE OCTAGON, it's being used to  stop a fight, not incite one.

In real life with the police not being able to interject, I'd go with bjj over wrestling.

Id disagree. Even if a guy is way superior in bjj if that wrestler gets one good slam on concrete or b against a chunk of metal he's winning/killing the opponent in the street. That's not to say some bjjers don't have good wrestling its just not common. Phone Post
3/28/13 1:24 PM
Toquinho
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phil is too big a step for vinicius imo.

But i have been wrong before Phone Post
3/28/13 1:24 PM
D241

how many street fights have you seen end via ko slam casehearts?

The possablitiy is there, but I don't see a guy with training being ko slammed.

3/28/13 1:25 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
It's a pointless arguement. You need to know both to be fully effective in MMA.
3/28/13 1:26 PM
D241

Toquinho - Phil is too big a step for vinicius imo.

But i have been wrong before Phone Post

When you look at Phil's opponents and how he faired against them, he's not that far ahead of Vinny imo.

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.