UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> If Gray Maynard beats Grant TJ Grant

3/28/13 1:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mixjitsu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who else should he fight before getting another title shot??
3/28/13 1:33 PM
caposa
1655 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/28/13 2:25 PM

Jim Miller

3/28/13 2:24 PM
RICKYB
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Loser of Bendo fight Phone Post
3/28/13 3:08 PM
kill joy
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And if TJ wins who is he fighting next?

3/28/13 3:10 PM
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT

kill joy -

And if TJ wins who is he fighting next?

Title shot or #1 contender fight Phone Post
3/28/13 3:11 PM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maynard may get a title shot with a win over Grant just based on the timing and considering the fact that the lightweight top contender is leaving and not fighting until August.

3/28/13 3:12 PM
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^And the same goes for Grant

3/28/13 3:15 PM
shaqitup
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nobody?

I know he doesn't have many wins, but its been almost 2 years since he fought for the title.

Benson fights Gil in less than a month, and there is nobody at lightweight right now to fight the champ besides maybe Gray.

If you look at the UFC rankings, the #1 contender is fighting for the title, the #2 is fighting for the FW title in august, and then Gray is the #3.

If he beats TJ he will at least retain his ranking, and if Gil loses to Bendo he will probably drop down.

They could possibly set up bendo vs Gray in August-september range, and then have the winner face the winner of Aldo pettis on a card around new years.

3/28/13 3:17 PM
puppet
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Grant, TJ Grant. Wooosh Phone Post
3/28/13 3:17 PM

shaqitup - 

Nobody?

I know he doesn't have many wins, but its been almost 2 years since he fought for the title.

Benson fights Gil in less than a month, and there is nobody at lightweight right now to fight the champ besides maybe Gray.

If you look at the UFC rankings, the #1 contender is fighting for the title, the #2 is fighting for the FW title in august, and then Gray is the #3.

If he beats TJ he will at least retain his ranking, and if Gil loses to Bendo he will probably drop down.

They could possibly set up bendo vs Gray in August-september range, and then have the winner face the winner of Aldo pettis on a card around new years.

The Pettis vs Aldo fight makes less and less sense to me every day.

3/28/13 3:32 PM
jmont

RICKYB - Loser of Bendo fight Phone Post
. Phone Post
3/28/13 3:32 PM
FCFBlazer

I want to see the lauzon fight still. Phone Post
3/28/13 3:37 PM
Death Beast

Nucky - 

Title shot for beating TJ Grant who is ranked #10 in the Light weight division..Put down the bongs.

1 Bendo
2 Pettis
3 Melendez
4 Diaz
5 Cerrone
6 Maynard
7 Jim miller
8 joe Lauzon
9 Jamie Varner
10 either grant or khabib

Not even if he KO's Maynard in the first will he get a title shot leap over the whole top 10.  He would need to create buzz like Nick Diaz to even have a shot of that.

Is this your list or the UFC official one? I'd guess yours since you don't have a definitive #10.

But anyway, how is Maynard only #6 when he's only lost one fight? IMO he's #2, 3, or 4 (after Bendo, maybe Melendez, and maybe Pettis). Cerrone definitely isn't top 5 these days.
3/28/13 3:38 PM
Jeon Sa

Wasn't there a rumor a while back gray was going to move to featherweight? Phone Post
3/28/13 3:40 PM

Jeon Sa - Wasn't there a rumor a while back gray was going to move to featherweight? Phone Post

I think he was just making a joke on twitter because of all the guys moving down. Hopefully he and Aldo would fight each other if Maynard was champ when Aldo comes up

3/28/13 3:40 PM
repseatown
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not the biggest Maynard fan, but due to his freak of nature size for his weight class....i see him being the only one to test Bendo right now Phone Post
3/28/13 5:52 PM
UGCTT_Shope
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope TJ wins this! Phone Post
3/28/13 6:52 PM
MrHughes1991
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think TJ Grant could feasibly beat Bendo. He improves literally every time we see him Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.