UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> MT on Oahu?

3/28/13 2:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
likatiga
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey there, I'm going to be working in Oahu for the next 4 or 5 months. Will staying in the waikiki / diamond head area.

Where can I get good Muay Thai training? I'm not interested in cardio kickboxing.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.
3/28/13 4:03 PM
LEKS
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go sandy beach and stick your chest out, or if you don't mind the drive do the same thing anywhere on the west side. Haha jk. I dunno Phone Post
3/28/13 6:50 PM
JIMMYNAKS
380 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought this was going to be about Mad Tiger
3/28/13 7:53 PM
likatiga
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks guys, awesome.

any actual answers?
3/28/13 9:12 PM
The Mat Pimp
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Try HMC or M-1 Martial Arts and Fitness.
3/29/13 3:36 AM
JIMMYNAKS
380 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Plus one for HMC Phone Post
3/29/13 2:32 PM
likatiga

Mahalo
3/29/13 9:15 PM
likatiga

found him?

Is he like Animal Chin?

4/11/13 2:54 PM
likatiga

I can confirm HMC is an excellent gym.
4/12/13 4:58 AM
JIMMYNAKS

likatiga - I can confirm HMC is an excellent gym.
. Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 5:52 PM
SupBrah808

Edited: 04/17/13 5:55 PM
<blockquote>likatiga - Hey there, I'm going to be working in Oahu for the next 4 or 5 months. Will staying in the waikiki / diamond head area.<br /><br />Where can I get good Muay Thai training? I'm not interested in cardio kickboxing.<br /><br />Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.</blockquote><br /> M1 in moilili. Recent change to their coaching staff as well. nice guys - extremely friendly and no hot head tapout wearing guys at all, good technique, beginner class meant to be really open and cater to everyone even chicks just lookin for a good workout. Hopefully get a shot at advanced class within the next year. The HC arthur also runs the striking classes at the UFC gym and has fought for fairtex i believe? either way, good coach and place esp if your tryin to stay away from the hype/bells and whistles of the ufc gym.
4/17/13 5:53 PM
SupBrah808

LEKS - Go sandy beach and stick your chest out, or if you don't mind the drive do the same thing anywhere on the west side. Haha jk. I dunno Phone Post

private school/Mainland institution t -shirt + walk into waianae = free training?
4/18/13 11:17 AM
DevinS
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

M-1 is a great gym. I trained there for a year (don't live in HI anymore). I trained in Thailand for half a year before that, so I've seen real MT first hand. Arthur and Ivan know their shit and are good peeps. Also, I can't say for sure, but I think it's probably the only gym on the island that really teaches the clinch.

Anyway, there's a great group of guys there. Check it out if you get a chance.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.