UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> hendricks didn't know about dropping decimals too

3/28/13 3:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Anderson's BBC in my Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/28/13 3:18 PM

before the weighins he weighs 173.8 and says he needs to drop 2.8....guess hes an idiot like diaz too...a good question to ask is did any fighter, other than GSP, know about the no decimal thing?

3/28/13 3:31 PM
Seats Taken
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't watch the video yet, but isn't the rule 170.9 for normal fights and 170 on the dot for title fights? Nate had the problem when he showed up to fight Henderson and had to cut another .9, correct?

When it comes to making weight in wrestling its on the dot or your over. I wrestled 215 and I had to weight 215.0, 215.1 is greater that the maximum weight f 215. Phone Post
3/28/13 3:36 PM
Winston Wolf

orcus will tell u everyone knew the rule when in truth not one person did
3/28/13 3:44 PM
Death Beast

Gotta love how you guys are going apeshit over this .9 (allegedly) overweight thing but ignore the cheap shit Diaz was trying to do during the actual fight with the late hits.
He lost, badly, and acted like a child before, during, and after the fight. It's sad that a grown man (and his grown fans) are really whining this much about cage fighting. This is worst than Greasegate.
Oh and I'm as sick of GSP's manhugging as anyone else so don't just think I'm a fanboy defending my spandex wearing superhero. It's just a joke that people can't get over this and move on.
3/28/13 4:01 PM
Death Beast

So I got voted back to the Negaworld for telling Diaz fans to stop crying? NO FUCKING WAY! Don't Be Sad Homies
3/28/13 4:05 PM

Death Beast - So I got voted back to the Negaworld for telling Diaz fans to stop crying? NO FUCKING WAY! Don't Be Sad Homies

dude, relax and calm down...the point you arent seeing is that people arent raising this issue because they are angry nick lost. this is a completely separate issue. do you know how many media outlets have called into question and criticized how this was handled? google it. are they all butt-hurt diaz fans? no...

the ufc needs to make a formal statement about this and not shirk responsibility by simply passing the buck to the lame duck commission

3/28/13 4:08 PM
trobinson21

If its no big deal then let's jump in the delorean and crank it to 88 and let Nate chill and hydrate the 2 hours he spent sweating his ass off to make weight for the Bendo fight. Phone Post
3/28/13 4:19 PM
Death Beast

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 
Death Beast - So I got voted back to the Negaworld for telling Diaz fans to stop crying? NO FUCKING WAY! Don't Be Sad Homies

dude, relax and calm down...the point you arent seeing is that people arent raising this issue because they are angry nick lost. this is a completely separate issue. do you know how many media outlets have called into question and criticized how this was handled? google it. are they all butt-hurt diaz fans? no...

the ufc needs to make a formal statement about this and not shirk responsibility by simply passing the buck to the lame duck commission

Relax and calm down? Sorry I thought my sarcasm was obvious.

All I'm saying is where is this sense of WE DEMAND JUSTICE when it comes to Nick's cheap shots? Why aren't there 10 "Should've been a DQ or point deduction" threads?
3/28/13 4:50 PM
hendofanforlife

Death Beast - 
Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 

Relax and calm down? Sorry I thought my sarcasm was obvious.

All I'm saying is where is this sense of WE DEMAND JUSTICE when it comes to Nick's cheap shots? Why aren't there 10 "Should've been a DQ or point deduction" threads?

Duh, thats not clearly defined as being against the rules. His momentum carried him through his already initiated motions. For several seconds and attempted combos. Furthermore, Nick Diaz ain't no round bells bitch homie!
3/28/13 5:12 PM
UGCTT_Shope
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He said nothing about not knowing in that video. Lol Phone Post
3/28/13 5:20 PM
Winston Wolf

Death Beast - Gotta love how you guys are going apeshit over this .9 (allegedly) overweight thing but ignore the cheap shit Diaz was trying to do during the actual fight with the late hits.
He lost, badly, and acted like a child before, during, and after the fight. It's sad that a grown man (and his grown fans) are really whining this much about cage fighting. This is worst than Greasegate.
Oh and I'm as sick of GSP's manhugging as anyone else so don't just think I'm a fanboy defending my spandex wearing superhero. It's just a joke that people can't get over this and move on.

IM a GSP fan.Diaz is my least favorite fighter which i guess makes me a fan sort of
3/28/13 5:27 PM

UGCTT_Shope - He said nothing about not knowing in that video. Lol Phone Post

uhhh...try something called inference and basic math...

he says he weighs 173.8 and agrees he has to cut 2.8 lbs to make weight...173.8 - 2.8 = 171....

if he was aware of the fact that decimals werent counted, instead of saying he has to cut 2.8 lbs, he would say he has to cut 1.9 lbs....

3/28/13 5:48 PM
UGCTT_Shope
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson's BBC in my Goku -

he says he weighs 173.8 and agrees he has to cut 2.8 lbs to make weight...173.8 - 2.8 = 171....

if he was aware of the fact that decimals werent counted, instead of saying he has to cut 2.8 lbs, he would say he has to cut 1.9 lbs....

Well excuse the fuck out of me for missing that point.

I'm pretty sure the whole "decibels not mattering" thing meant that even if he weighed 171.2 or anything, it would be read off as 171 anyway. Phone Post
3/28/13 6:06 PM
FedorFTW

UGCTT_Shope -
Anderson's BBC in my Goku -

Well excuse the fuck out of me for missing that point.

I'm pretty sure the whole "decibels not mattering" thing meant that even if he weighed 171.2 or anything, it would be read off as 171 anyway. Phone Post
*decimals Phone Post
3/28/13 6:08 PM
BLPorritt
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Death Beast - Gotta love how you guys are going apeshit over this .9 (allegedly) overweight thing but ignore the cheap shit Diaz was trying to do during the actual fight with the late hits.
This. Phone Post
3/28/13 7:27 PM
cortXbomb

Othello - Seems kind of suspicious to me that a pro like Hendricks wouldn't take the time to inquire about the specific rules at every event he attends. Is it a commissions responsibility to inform fighters of every rule or is it a fighters to inform themselves?

"Hey do y'all count decimals?" is not something a fighter should have to ask because it just makes sense to count them. There is an established history of fighters having to cut an extra x.y pounds and there was no publicly established history of "hey we don't count the decimal over here so don't worry"
3/28/13 7:32 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Othello - Seems kind of suspicious to me that a pro like Hendricks wouldn't take the time to inquire about the specific rules at every event he attends. Is it a commissions responsibility to inform fighters of every rule or is it a fighters to inform themselves?

The fighters should know, but they should NOT have to ask about "off the record" rules. They should trust the written rules the commissions make available. The written rules from Quebec say NOTHING about this special secret 'decimals don't count.....but only in the UFC....and only most of the time' rule.

3/28/13 8:25 PM

Othello - Seems kind of suspicious to me that a pro like Hendricks wouldn't take the time to inquire about the specific rules at every event he attends. Is it a commissions responsibility to inform fighters of every rule or is it a fighters to inform themselves?
It's fighters responsibility to know the written rules. Not off the record rules that contradict the written rules. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.