Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SouthBrooklyn
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After he beat Tibau? Phone Post
3/28/13 7:38 PM
Swayze Express

Because the list of top ten ww's were world class wrestlers.
3/28/13 7:43 PM
sa80teur
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Because of a lame excuse? Phone Post 3.0
3/28/13 7:49 PM
daglord
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thought it had to do with some gracie fighting league or something similar.
3/28/13 7:50 PM
cleetdog101
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Because he went to Pride?

3/28/13 7:58 PM
DatSpider
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/28/13 8:00 PM
Because he could excel elsewhere, win a title, reinvent himself and come back much more marketable than before he left- even got a free title shot against GSP, without having to face strong wrestlers who in the past used to make his life miserable while employed by the ufc.

Genius.
3/28/13 8:38 PM
JLTECH

Um I believe he was told to leave by mr dana white. The word on the street was because he attacked joe riggs at the hospital after there fight. Phone Post
3/28/13 8:43 PM
FatFrenchFry
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Trigg: "You should have just closed the door Nick."
Nick: "How the fuck am I gonna close the door? I ain't no bitch." Phone Post
3/28/13 10:48 PM
Uncle Muay Thai
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JLTECH - Um I believe he was told to leave by mr dana white. The word on the street was because he attacked joe riggs at the hospital after there fight. Phone Post
Correct Phone Post 3.0
3/28/13 10:56 PM
Slapsymaxi
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the Tibau fight was a short notice they offered to Jake, who couldn't make 170, and Cesar offered Diaz?

Max Phone Post 3.0
3/28/13 10:59 PM
Lun8
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was the last fight on his contract he just didnt re-sign with the ufc Phone Post
3/28/13 11:14 PM
MisterFixit
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

.9 pounds.
3/28/13 11:16 PM
SupesUp
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MisterFixit - .9 pounds.
1,2,5 Phone Post
3/28/13 11:17 PM
pennviachoke
926 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DatSpider - Because he could excel elsewhere, win a title, reinvent himself and come back much more marketable than before he left- even got a free title shot against GSP, without having to face strong wrestlers who in the past used to make his life miserable while employed by the ufc.

Genius.
Yes, Nick is clearly a genius Phone Post
3/28/13 11:36 PM
Bad Monkey
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stephen Holder - 
Uncle Muay Thai - 
JLTECH - Um I believe he was told to leave by mr dana white. The word on the street was because he attacked joe riggs at the hospital after there fight. Phone Post
Correct Phone Post 3.0

Yep and this is probably the most hilarious/notorious firing I've ever heard of in the UFC and I cant imagine anyone not hearing about this by now. I hate to call people n00b but uhh ya know.

Yeah, after the Riggs fiasco Dana was all like "Nick is done in the UFC.   After he fights Sherk, Neer, and Tibau he's fucking out of here."

3/29/13 12:13 AM
ShanTheMan
447 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bad Monkey - 
Stephen Holder - 
Uncle Muay Thai - 
Correct Phone Post 3.0

Yep and this is probably the most hilarious/notorious firing I've ever heard of in the UFC and I cant imagine anyone not hearing about this by now. I hate to call people n00b but uhh ya know.

Yeah, after the Riggs fiasco Dana was all like "Nick is done in the UFC.   After he fights Sherk, Neer, and Tibau he's fucking out of here."

3/29/13 12:38 AM
Blunderhooks
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UFC ran away. That fuckin pussy. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/13 1:51 AM
40oztofreedom
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Correct. Dana hated his attitude and his immaturity and hated that he wouldn't cooperate like his brother Nate did. I remember those old Dana interviews. Too much of a pain in the ass so he was let go. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/13 2:48 AM
endochokedme
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bad Monkey - 
Stephen Holder - 
Uncle Muay Thai - 
Correct Phone Post 3.0

its ok to be a new fan of the sport imo. but many of us were following the sport and know when you are full of shit

Diaz vs riggs UFC 57 (Feb 4,2006)

Diaz vs Sherk UFC 59 (April 15,2006)

the sherk fight was 2 months after the riggs fight. he was not fired for fighting riggs at the hospital.

Diaz had a fight outsite the UFC after losing his 3rd decision in a row, beating Ray Steinbess in Stockton, May 13 2006.

Beat Neer by submission in the UFC Aug 2006, and won by TKO Tibau over Novermber of 2006.

He had 5 fights in 2006, (thank you sherdog fight finder)

as another poster mentioned above there was talk/plans for a Gracie Fighting Championship and from what I recall Cesar wanted Nick to fight in this organization. It fell apart for reasons I dont know and then he signed to fight in Pride (his favorite organization according to interviews)vs Gomi where he won with hooks to the head and a slick gogo
3/29/13 3:22 AM
endochokedme
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

40oztofreedom - 
Correct. Dana hated his attitude and his immaturity and hated that he wouldn't cooperate like his brother Nate did. I remember those old Dana interviews. Too much of a pain in the ass so he was let go. Phone Post 3.0

Nick dropped 3 decisions in a row in the UFC, fought 1 time in stockton then came back and finished Neer and Tibau in the UFC. starting with the loss to Diego through the win vs Tibau he fought 6 times in 12 months. nate Diaz was filming TUF when Diaz beat Gomi in Vegas. Nate got in the UFC after Nick left UFC on a 2 fight win streak.

those interviews with Dana were much later when Diaz was making his run in Elite XC or strikeforce
3/29/13 6:11 AM
UGCTT_ JROCKONE

Because he was scared homie!!!!! Phone Post 3.0
3/29/13 6:50 AM
Bootsy Collins
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bad Monkey - 
Stephen Holder - 
Uncle Muay Thai - 
Correct Phone Post 3.0

Love it. That's what happens when you try and act like a know-it-all in a forum filled with the geekiest & most knowledgeable fans there are.

Oh, delicious!
3/29/13 7:39 PM
Bad Monkey
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^

I'm glad you got it. I dont think endochokedme is smellin what I'm steppin in. 

3/29/13 7:52 PM
MountainMedic
359 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Because UFC never gave him sammiches.

PRIDE (never die!) gave him sammiches! Phone Post
3/29/13 8:03 PM
Feelz Good

Uncle Muay Thai -
Correct Phone Post 3.0
They were also pissed about the "Blind Date" thing Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.