UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Spike and the UFC - Who Came Out Better?

3/28/13 9:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ShoeMoney
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Buy my book!, MFCEO

Obviously a TV network doesn't take on a show that they don't think will make them money.

Honestly the only reason I ever started watching spike though was because of the UFC.  Same reason I purchased the "sports package" so I could watch Fuel.

But keeping with Spike...   Dana says that first season was the launching point for the UFC,  sure you all heard it,  people calling all their friends to watch Forrest and Bonner go balls out.

I think it came out with the UFC winning but they both really won in the end.

What say u?

3/28/13 9:10 PM
mrgoodarmbar
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought it was a little strange that Bellator was advertising during TUF... You'd think the UFC would have some contractual language to put the kaybosh on that.
3/28/13 9:20 PM
ShoeMoney
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Buy my book!, MFCEO
mrgoodarmbar - I thought it was a little strange that Bellator was advertising during TUF... You'd think the UFC would have some contractual language to put the kaybosh on that.

The way ads on tv work though are not bought through the network.  Its deals with cable/satalite providers where you buy ad time.  Like how I see tv ads for my local events during it and stuff.

3/28/13 9:22 PM
andyman011
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From my point of view spike lost. I don't pay for that channel anymore yet I still watch ufc. Phone Post
3/28/13 9:37 PM
Chris27

I still watch all UFC shows, I watch much much much less on Spike. Before id watch TUF, countdowns, unleashed, fights, prelims, primetimes on Spike.

Now I only watch Bellator once a week on Spike.

I still watch the same amount of UFC so I'd say they won, Spike lost viewers.
3/28/13 10:01 PM
Lobo8

Spike clearly lost. They lost a ton of ufc viewers and downgraded from ufc to bellator. It hasnt been a perfect trip for the ufc. But this is only the beginning and their is already so many brightspots. The big fox shows and all the awesome fuel programming.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.