UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> TLI thread deletion

3/28/13 10:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kirik
2058 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/28/13 10:23 PM
The UnderGround, Mayor

Due to pressure from TLI attorneys, who aver that the thread contains a number of false and slanderous accusations, at least some of which have been identified to me, the "My experience" thread was removed from the BJJ forum.

3/28/13 10:27 PM
Bjjudo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is why you type "allegedly" when posting about this situation.

Like allegedly Lloyd irvin is being inappropriate with his female students and allegedly might have tried to bang a 14 year old.

Allegedly dj Jackson also committed a sexual assault in 2008 as well, allegedly.

Don't let them censor this shit off the internet. Phone Post
3/28/13 10:28 PM
Hillary
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

False is not the same as yet unproven. But from that standpoint, your liability as site owner is understood. Still heart you. Phone Post
3/28/13 10:33 PM
TalkShowOnMute
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its OK..ten more will sprout in it's place. Phone Post
3/28/13 10:35 PM
mynameisjonas
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lloyd Irvin is the greatest evil head of a martial arts syndicate since M. Bison and Shadoloo. The resemblance is uncanny, right down to their "Psycho Powers". Lloyd's manipulation is like a real life Psycho Crusher, even if you defend it, he still gets past you.
3/28/13 10:51 PM
JRockwell
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has MMA.TV itself become "too big to fail"...or to do the right thing?

Where YOUR lawyers at, Kirik?

FU Lloyd, long live the 97%. Phone Post
3/28/13 10:53 PM
Rival School

Wow is anyone not corrupt? Phone Post
3/28/13 11:02 PM
JRockwell
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/28/13 11:05 PM
bmoney
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So let me get this straight, this site doesn't report news about the TLI events, even though the team and coach impact the BJJ/MMA community. This site does, however, post his statement in the news... Now this site is deleting threads?? Where does Lloyd's manipulation end?
3/28/13 11:08 PM
gusto

I do not think internet web sites are liable for libel posted by forum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_230_of_the_Communications_Decency_Act

Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act of 1996 (a common name for Title V of the Telecommunications Act of 1996) is a landmark piece of Internet legislation in the United States, codified at 47 U.S.C. § 230. Section 230(c)(1) provides immunity from liability for providers and users of an "interactive computer service" who publish information provided by others:

No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider.

In analyzing the availability of the immunity offered by this provision, courts generally apply a three-prong test. A defendant must satisfy each of the three prongs to gain the benefit of the immunity:

The defendant must be a "provider or user" of an "interactive computer service."
The cause of action asserted by the plaintiff must "treat" the defendant "as the publisher or speaker" of the harmful information at issue.
The information must be "provided by another information content provider," i.e., the defendant must not be the "information content provider" of the harmful information at issue
3/28/13 11:11 PM
gusto

this is gross
3/28/13 11:12 PM
gusto

hey fuzzy, remember when i said I was copying some of your posts to my hard drive

and you said "Why"

LOL @ U playa.
3/28/13 11:13 PM
bmoney
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/28/13 11:15 PM
3/28/13 11:14 PM
TalkShowOnMute
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gusto - hey fuzzy, remember when i said I was copying some of your posts to my hard drive

and you said "Why"

LOL @ U playa.
Did you copy the thread in question...I hope so. Phone Post
3/28/13 11:15 PM
Alabama Man
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/28/13 11:17 PM
a
3/28/13 11:16 PM
MickColins
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is as shocking a turn of events as when Elton John came out of the closet.

3/28/13 11:17 PM
gusto

TalkShowOnMute - 
gusto - hey fuzzy, remember when i said I was copying some of your posts to my hard drive

and you said "Why"

LOL @ U playa.
Did you copy the thread in question...I hope so. Phone Post

I did not copy the entire thread. i copied posts i thought had a high probability of being deleted. even a huge cynic like myself is a little surprised the entire thread was removed
3/28/13 11:19 PM
odennis
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lloyds got his dick in EVERYTHING!
3/28/13 11:22 PM
tjmitch
305 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol Phone Post 3.0
3/28/13 11:23 PM
gusto

Dont take this as an insult seriously, but Lloyd has (ALLEGEDLY) intimidated guys recently with some of the best martial arts pedigrees ive ever heard of in BJJ, Muay thai, and boxing, there is no reason to think that he and his cohorts (ALLEGEDLY) could not scare people that work behind computers and dont train or fight at all. It is (ALLEGEDLY) easy to forget the power of intimidation.

As far as the site goes, it is strange to hear that Kirik (ALLEGEDLY) doesnt want to make the sport look bad, and (ALLEGEDLY) hates bad news etc etc in regard to posting things about lloyds (ALLEGED) past and (ALLEGED) present rape scenarios, while hermes franca had his rape case all over the fron page of this very site even before he was tried and convicted. A guy that (ALLEGEDLY) only uses the ufc as a marketing tool will bring more ill will to the sport than a former belt contender for the UFC and one of the most outlandish/visible fighters to this day? To me this is (ALLEGEDLY) inconsistant.

Additionally, as many of you probably remember there (ALLEGEDLY) was a thread here a few years ago that made mention of his (ALLEGED) old rape case. that (ALLEGEDLY) gotripped off of the forrum with the quickness along with any mentions of it being "what if'ed" and (ALLEGEDLY) eventually deleted. Now, is it not reasonable to assume that if that thread had stayed up and played its course that there (ALLEGEDLY) may not be a whole team of girls that have been being (ALLEGEDLY) sexually abused by the guy we were describing here way back then? Instead of having War Machine be apparently the only person in the world that (ALLEGEDLY) knew Lloyd had been (ALLEGEDLY) involved in a post party gangrape of an (ALLEGEDLY) underaged girl, the entire community could have known and the people that did decide to go to that team could have been extremely leary of the things lloyds (ALLEGEDLY) been doing. (ALLEGEDLY) calling female students at all hours of the night to come to his suite for massages, (ALLEGEDLY) sleeping in their beds, (ALLEGEDLY) them sleeping in his. (ALLEGEDLY) coming over for drinks. people would have seen this for what it was. But no. (ALLEGEDLY) thread deleted. What if'ed and deleted. THAT gives this community a black eye. and the fact that the leaders (ALLEGEDLY) remain silent on it is devestating to many of us here that have had nothing but respect for many of the people tthat have made this place what it is.
3/28/13 11:24 PM
KingBodhi
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Feels like a serious loss of freedom of speech. Seems like evil will prevail after all. Money and might does make right.
3/28/13 11:25 PM
SPoulin
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

odennis - Lloyds got his dick in EVERYTHING!

allegedly.
3/28/13 11:25 PM
GrahamJ

mynameisjonas - Lloyd Irvin is the greatest evil head of a martial arts syndicate since M. Bison and Shadoloo. The resemblance is uncanny, right down to their "Psycho Powers". Lloyd's manipulation is like a real life Psycho Crusher, even if you defend it, he still gets past you.

...allegedly.
3/28/13 11:26 PM
gusto

Kirik, you broke my heart. YOU BROKE MY HEART!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcFlp6kl508
3/28/13 11:31 PM
TalkShowOnMute

Kirik just revived TLI interest. Well done sir...bwahaha. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.