UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> TLI thread deletion

3/29/13 4:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GrahamJ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if, as a direct result of Kirik removing the thread, a woman - or child - who would have become aware of Lloyd Irvin's past, and present, goes to train at his school, and is subsequently sexually assaulted...

I wonder how it makes him feel when he thinks about the very real negative consequences his behaviour has - and possibly will have - on others.

I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I helped someone like Lloyd Irvin to ensnare more victims.
To directly aid an abet a man who has sexually assaulted a child - so that he can continue to be in a position of power over children.
3/29/13 4:46 AM
Tatami Strangler
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are plenty of hard facts out there about TLI, not just allegations. Why these are not reported in the mma.tv news is nothing short of a disgrace. Phone Post
3/29/13 4:55 AM
Utah get me two

Jesus, Kirik. Weak. Is this the lowest this site have even been? I found the UG around four years ago, and abandoned my old Sherdog account. Just thought this was the better site. But the repeated thread deletions and subversive sucking up to Lloyd Irvin and the Avellans is just sickening.

You lost a man point, brah.
3/29/13 4:56 AM
Calibur1980

Yowch. Fuzzy throwing some fireballs. Phone Post
3/29/13 5:06 AM
TheOtherWhiteFlu

Kirik -

You need new lawyers. By taking active steps to remove a slanderous post, you are now saying that you're actively moderating every post and hence responsible for anything that gets through. If you just said "I'm not responsible for jack shit", there's tons of precedent to hide behind.

But let's be honest. You're in bed with TLI and the entire internet marketing fuckfest that they spawned. What's a couple rapes compared with being able to sell some instructionals in your store and get some halfwit in FL to give you "free content", read: free advertising. You're either gullible or a liar and neither cast you in a flattering light. I eagerly await Ari Boldin's column on this site.
3/29/13 6:40 AM
GrahamJ

Tell me about it.

I'm not gonna click any of the ads here, ever again - or buy anything from any sponsors, such as Atama.
3/29/13 7:24 AM
Silhouette
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whats the deal with this site protecting frauds and scumbags

dont forget the scott sheilds thread
3/29/13 7:34 AM
Massa
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gusto - ALL of the below material has been allegedly stated about lloyd irvin. these are accusations that have not been vetted in a court of law.

Lloyd Irvin Rape and Fraud Timeline

Since there have been lots of events coming to light, I think it’s important to document a timeline and provide relevant links. The purpose of this site is to shine a light on his character and let the reader judge for themselves.

12/31/2012 (Made public on Jan 9)
New Years Eve (Alleged) rape by Two Lloyd Irvin students on a third student.

1/9/2013
Luca Atalla, owner of Gracie Magazine was flown by Lloyd Irvin to his MMA Millionare seminar as a speaker and supporter of Lloyd. Insiders say Luca is fully a Lloyd supporter and has “drank the KoolAid”.

1/10/2013
Lloyd takes advantage of students’ rape charges to market his own seminars, buying LloydIrvinRape.com, posting at least 8 YouTube rape seminar videos, and issuing a press release.

1/14/2013- Lloyd’s involvement in a gang rape gets exposed to the masses.
- Lloyd Irvin black belt affiliate Phil Proctor calls Lloyd’s gang rape case victim a whore.

1/17/2013
Tom Callos, Keenan’s father, pleas for Keenan to leave TLI and for karma to do her thing with Lloyd.

1/18/2013
Ryan Hall (former star TLI student) writes an open letter to the martial arts community about integrity.

1/19/2013
One of Lloyd’s largest affiliate schools – Beta Academy – drops affiliation.

1/20/2013
Gracie Academy brothers talk about the rape case including a win-at-all-costs mentality breeding a bad culture.

1/21/2013
We get a cease and desist order as well as legal threats. We offer to take down any information that is in violation of US laws; a list isn’t forthcoming. Our hosting company is offered ~$200 to take down the site and declines. HIS upstream provider is offered $800 and shuts down the site immediately. We move the site outside of the US over the next couple of days.

1/22/2013
Lloyd Irvin’s MMA Mastermind insider speaks out about the group.

1/23/2013
More than 3 weeks after the event, Lloyd issues a statement about the NYE rape and his own gang rape involvement.

2/15/2013
Lloyd brags to his list about being featured in Forbes and how successful it is. Come to find out, it’s nothing but a paid ad.

2/19/2013
- Nakapan Phungephorn, former Lloyd Irvin MMA Millionaire Mastermind exposes entire seminar series as a scam.
- Lloyd immediately has a response video ready.

2/20/2013
- Through forum posts and searches, it comes out that Lloyd has an IRS tax judgement pending for almost $300,000.
- More searching finds someone filed a restraining order against Lloyd.

2/23/2013
More digging finds a news article showing Lloyd Irvin was involved in real estate seminr “scams” before the BJJ ones.

2/27/2013
- Jordan Shultz and all of the TLI star students leave the team.
- Lloyd cooercing sex from female students is the alleged reason for the mass walkout of the team.

3/1/2013
Three more insiders speak out on the Lloyd Irvin MMA Millionaire Mastermind events. Includes Lloyd allegedly fondling the wife of one seminr student while hugging on a BJJ student.

Other:
Lloyd’s Sambo coach Mark Densberger is conviceted of molesting his own sons.

Should the timeline begin to appear in other non Lloyd Irvin threads?

Threads that don't reference the arrest of his students on charges of rape?
3/29/13 7:45 AM
Monoman

Sad.
3/29/13 8:12 AM
MountainMedic
713 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As I said on the ug thread...

"Free & open discourse"just got held down & raped.

This is sad Kirik, & not the way I expected you to play it.

Shame on you. Phone Post
3/29/13 8:20 AM
smth416
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disgusting. Keep buying your blue names though guys! Phone Post
3/29/13 8:22 AM
shortyjj
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dis allota boolsheet fren
3/29/13 8:22 AM
Stymie
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How pathetic. I need to find a less pro-rapey forum. I hate that I ever contributed by buying a blue name and the crummy app. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/13 8:35 AM
SPoulin
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuzzy Badfeet - LOL/
what a joke. At some point Kirik being a "nice" guy just isnt enough to make up for him covering Lloyds ass in every way possible. "Pressure" of a lawsuit. If they could file a lawsuit and get a single dollar thats what they would have done.

All of Kiriks excuses through this whole thing have been shady. I have never seen the dude act in any way that was reprehensible until now. He cant report on the story because he "hates these kind of stories and they give MMA a bad name"? People are not paying to be here to get the news that makes you feel good Krik. This is NOT the premier MMA news site, its a farce. We cant talk about Lloyd being involved in a rape. We cant talk about DJ being involved in a rape. We cant talk about 2 of Lloyds other students raping a third student? We cant talk about all of lloyds students knowing that its true and leaving him high and dry in the middle of the nioght? and more than that, we cant even hear about it on this site cus you "dont like those kinds of stories"?

I bet if it was your wife that Lloyd was trying to fuck in his hotel suite itd be different. I bet if it was your 17 year old daughter who got her pussy and asshole pounded out against her will to the point that 7 guys (all involved except Lloyd) went to jail for it youd feel different. I bet if your daughter trained at Lloyds and would have been the girl that was raped by two other students as a result of the culture lloyd fosters you would feel different. I bet if you had spent thousands of dollars for services that were not recieved you would feel different. But no, nothing happened to you, its just the broader MMA community, so who cares. i challenge you Kirik to write exactly what statements were slanderous and certainly untrue. You have everyone getting on saying "i heard this", " I got this from a second or third party, or I was told this by some people". very few things outside of the initial post were EVER sited as fact, and you really believe that he somehow had a case that would make YOU responsible. You must honestly think we are the dumbest motherfuckers on earth, with no access to any case law regarding free speech, or internet forums.

Screw it, Im with you Kirik. No one needs to know anything about lloyd or what he is up to. let the masses give the guy their money. Let the masses send their daughters to go train at TLI. As long as you dont have to face any "pressure" from his attorneys everything else is acceptable. Its less important to hear about your friend being corrupt, and more important that we hear about how long it takes arianny to work her buns per week.

You hate "these kinds of stories cus they make mma look bad", but that wasnt a problem during war machines crazy fiascos. That wasnt a problem when hermes franca raping some girl was front page news. Then we were told, well its because Hermes was actually convicted. DJ jackson was convicted, i didnt see anything about that. I think that the guy in charge of driving around all the kids for Lloyds youth program being charged and pleaing after fucking a 14 year lod girl is pretty fucking relevant. But, of course, there are none of Kiriks kids there. Lemme guess Kirik, you would send your daughters to be part of Lloyds medal chaser programs?

so the drunk guy getting beat up in a gym, being on the front page of the site, this isnt making the community look bad? allt he bullshit about a guy cutting his cock off and trying to fight as a girl, this is more pertinant to our community? 400k views on that thread say otherwise. For the first time in a long time there was something legitimate that people were talking about, instead now we can be inundated with a bunch of shitty, yes shitty, stories and questions from UG blog, and a bunch of plagiarized stories from UG news.

To insult our intelligence and act like you have even the slightest belief that someohow Lloyd could hold YOU or your site liable for what a bunch of random guys on a message board are saying is fucking insulting to our intelligence.

I will quote this shit as well.

Very well put.

Get a fucking lawyer so you don't tuck every time a piece of shit sends you something on a "legal" stationary.
3/29/13 8:36 AM
elitecmbt
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Massa - 
gusto - ALL of the below material has been allegedly stated about lloyd irvin. these are accusations that have not been vetted in a court of law.

Lloyd Irvin Rape and Fraud Timeline

Since there have been lots of events coming to light, I think it’s important to document a timeline and provide relevant links. The purpose of this site is to shine a light on his character and let the reader judge for themselves.

12/31/2012 (Made public on Jan 9)
New Years Eve (Alleged) rape by Two Lloyd Irvin students on a third student.

1/9/2013
Luca Atalla, owner of Gracie Magazine was flown by Lloyd Irvin to his MMA Millionare seminar as a speaker and supporter of Lloyd. Insiders say Luca is fully a Lloyd supporter and has “drank the KoolAid”.

1/10/2013
Lloyd takes advantage of students’ rape charges to market his own seminars, buying LloydIrvinRape.com, posting at least 8 YouTube rape seminar videos, and issuing a press release.

1/14/2013- Lloyd’s involvement in a gang rape gets exposed to the masses.
- Lloyd Irvin black belt affiliate Phil Proctor calls Lloyd’s gang rape case victim a whore.

1/17/2013
Tom Callos, Keenan’s father, pleas for Keenan to leave TLI and for karma to do her thing with Lloyd.

1/18/2013
Ryan Hall (former star TLI student) writes an open letter to the martial arts community about integrity.

1/19/2013
One of Lloyd’s largest affiliate schools – Beta Academy – drops affiliation.

1/20/2013
Gracie Academy brothers talk about the rape case including a win-at-all-costs mentality breeding a bad culture.

1/21/2013
We get a cease and desist order as well as legal threats. We offer to take down any information that is in violation of US laws; a list isn’t forthcoming. Our hosting company is offered ~$200 to take down the site and declines. HIS upstream provider is offered $800 and shuts down the site immediately. We move the site outside of the US over the next couple of days.

1/22/2013
Lloyd Irvin’s MMA Mastermind insider speaks out about the group.

1/23/2013
More than 3 weeks after the event, Lloyd issues a statement about the NYE rape and his own gang rape involvement.

2/15/2013
Lloyd brags to his list about being featured in Forbes and how successful it is. Come to find out, it’s nothing but a paid ad.

2/19/2013
- Nakapan Phungephorn, former Lloyd Irvin MMA Millionaire Mastermind exposes entire seminar series as a scam.
- Lloyd immediately has a response video ready.

2/20/2013
- Through forum posts and searches, it comes out that Lloyd has an IRS tax judgement pending for almost $300,000.
- More searching finds someone filed a restraining order against Lloyd.

2/23/2013
More digging finds a news article showing Lloyd Irvin was involved in real estate seminr “scams” before the BJJ ones.

2/27/2013
- Jordan Shultz and all of the TLI star students leave the team.
- Lloyd cooercing sex from female students is the alleged reason for the mass walkout of the team.

3/1/2013
Three more insiders speak out on the Lloyd Irvin MMA Millionaire Mastermind events. Includes Lloyd allegedly fondling the wife of one seminr student while hugging on a BJJ student.

Other:
Lloyd’s Sambo coach Mark Densberger is conviceted of molesting his own sons.

Should the timeline begin to appear in other non Lloyd Irvin threads?

Threads that don't reference the arrest of his students on charges of rape?

Great idea
3/29/13 8:37 AM
ChimairaGT
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gusto - I do not think internet web sites are liable for libel posted by forum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_230_of_the_Communications_Decency_Act

Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act of 1996 (a common name for Title V of the Telecommunications Act of 1996) is a landmark piece of Internet legislation in the United States, codified at 47 U.S.C. § 230. Section 230(c)(1) provides immunity from liability for providers and users of an "interactive computer service" who publish information provided by others:

No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider.

In analyzing the availability of the immunity offered by this provision, courts generally apply a three-prong test. A defendant must satisfy each of the three prongs to gain the benefit of the immunity:

The defendant must be a "provider or user" of an "interactive computer service."
The cause of action asserted by the plaintiff must "treat" the defendant "as the publisher or speaker" of the harmful information at issue.
The information must be "provided by another information content provider," i.e., the defendant must not be the "information content provider" of the harmful information at issue

Someone touched on this, but the safe harbor provision of the CDA only applies to passive service providers. Due to the site moderating and removing threads, at least specifically this case, they effectively become a curator of information, and therefore lose their immunity under this provision. So, unless forum policy changes, they are now at the whim of anyone with enough money to hire a lawyer whose panties get in a bunch.
3/29/13 8:44 AM
Stephen Eakin
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Fuzzy Phone Post 3.0
3/29/13 8:47 AM
LCSULLA
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish more high profile guys (other the Fowler) would come out and say something.

But it seems they are either scared of getting sued or they think "aint none of my buisness...".
3/29/13 8:56 AM
Utah get me two

LCSULLA - I wish more high profile guys (other the Fowler) would come out and say something.

But it seems they are either scared of getting sued or they think "aint none of my buisness...".

At this point, everybody has come out against Lloyd Irvin. He's just hoping the passage of time will allow him to return to business as usual. Former associates that have rejected Lloyd include:

Ryan Hall
Mike Fowler
Brandon Vera
Nakapan Phungephorn
Jordon Shultz
Marcos Torregrosa
3/29/13 8:56 AM
blue_tape_39
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheOtherWhiteFlu - Kirik -

You need new lawyers. By taking active steps to remove a slanderous post, you are now saying that you're actively moderating every post and hence responsible for anything that gets through. If you just said "I'm not responsible for jack shit", there's tons of precedent to hide behind.

But let's be honest. You're in bed with TLI and the entire internet marketing fuckfest that they spawned. What's a couple rapes compared with being able to sell some instructionals in your store and get some halfwit in FL to give you "free content", read: free advertising. You're either gullible or a liar and neither cast you in a flattering light. I eagerly await Ari Boldin's column on this site.
Exactly this. Do you think Christopher Poole is responsible for everything posted on 4chan? You are creating a bigger problem for yourself by explicitly accepting responsibility. Phone Post
3/29/13 8:58 AM
chitownbjj
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KC007 -
Fuzzy Badfeet -
KC007 -  Anyone save any of Fuzzy's posts ? I saved his OP and two others. Phone Post

post em here
Won't Kirik delete this thread too ? Phone Post
Not if you preface the post with ALLEGEDLY! Phone Post 3.0
3/29/13 9:04 AM
chitownbjj
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -

Due to pressure from TLI attorneys, who aver that the thread contains a number of false and slanderous accusations, at least some of which have been identified to me, the "My experience" thread was removed from the BJJ forum.

Feel free to vote down this post....LOL Phone Post 3.0
3/29/13 9:15 AM
Caught_clean
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chitownbjj - 
Kirik -

Due to pressure from TLI attorneys, who aver that the thread contains a number of false and slanderous accusations, at least some of which have been identified to me, the "My experience" thread was removed from the BJJ forum.

Feel free to vote down this post....LOL Phone Post 3.0

done
3/29/13 9:25 AM
MountainMedic
713 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik gonna get frozed Phone Post
3/29/13 9:25 AM
Silhouette
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Utah get me two - 
LCSULLA - I wish more high profile guys (other the Fowler) would come out and say something.

At this point, everybody has come out against Lloyd Irvin. He's just hoping the passage of time will allow him to return to business as usual. Former associates that have rejected Lloyd include:

Ryan Hall
Mike Fowler
Brandon Vera
Nakapan Phungephorn
Jordon Shultz
Marcos Torregrosa

add

enson inoue
dominic cruz
the singer brothers
JT Torres
Keenan Cornelius

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.