UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Weird question-bony rib cage issues

3/29/13 9:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Out To Lunch
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm dieting and my abs are starting to show which is great, but my rib cage is getting bonier as the fat is coming off. What muscles do I need to build up to put some meat on this area?
3/29/13 12:35 PM
vermonter
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The serratus is most relevant to your question, but being lean might cause your ribs to show if you aren't extremely muscular.

That said, this could well be a posture issue as well. Or maybe you have a big ribcage. Or possibly you're just a whiner. :)
3/29/13 2:56 PM
Out To Lunch
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vermonter - The serratus is most relevant to your question, but being lean might cause your ribs to show if you aren't extremely muscular.

That said, this could well be a posture issue as well. Or maybe you have a big ribcage. Or possibly you're just a whiner. :)

LOL

Guilty as charged. I'm going to try and beef up my serratus muscles. I used to overhead press many years ago. I think working them back in will help with this area.

Thanks vermonter!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.