UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jackson's MMA critical over long round at WSoF 2

3/29/13 8:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jaybrone
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
willienugget - 
Zanzoken - I doubt Jackson's would be complaining if it had been Andrei blasting away at Rumble for those 8 seconds.

Yes, the timekeeper messed up but it in no way put Andrei at an unfair disadvantage. There was no punch after the whistle, no strikes to the back of the head, nothing sketchy. Mistakes happen in sports and MMA is no exception.

Johnson won fair and square and the decision should stand (and I am not even a Rumble fan).

This guy gets it. Shit like this is unfortunate but it happens. It's happened in UFC and Strikeforce and it will happen again.

It is Jackson's job to complain and he isn't exactly screaming for a NC. He just wants WSoF to get their shit together.

It does?  When?  I've never seen an NFL or NBA game accidentally go 1 minute extra.  Don't they use clocks/timers in MMA?

Their are clock issues in NBA games all the time. But irrelevant to the point that was being made.

3/29/13 9:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ManWithTheIronFists
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ This is a fight, not an NBA game, there are no timeouts unless there's an lowblow or eye poke and that's that. It's 5 minute rounds. To go 8 seconds over is dangerous to fighters' well being.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.