Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Standup29
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA -
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
Lazer MMA - 
Then why lie RFLAG?

That is shady in and of itself!

The answer? The truth was even more shady.

I don't know, I don't know that guy, have never heard of him, don't know his position, and don't know if it's within his boundaries to get involved in that.  I have said multiple times that it shocks me that the UFC doesn't make all fighters aware of the a commission's rules.  But since Dana, Joe Silva, Fertita, etc.. clearly don't tell these fighters how the weigh ins work, maybe he felt he could get in trouble telling them?

You guys do know what "off the record" means, right?  It's baffling to me that you all seem surprised that a guy would say something is off the record and then deny it.  It's like you've never heard the term before.

So when he admitted there was a .9 LBS allowance on tape he said "off the record"?

You think that holds weight? LOL
Did he say ot was a .9 allowance or did he say they read 170.9 as 170? I know its not registering but there is a difference. By saying its an off the record kind of thing it means don't quote me but that's what they do. Its not written but that's how they do it.

Then to turn around and be asked a specific question that differs from what he said and you can understand he is meeting shady with shady. Phone Post
3/30/13 5:18 PM
orcus

Edited: 03/30/13 5:18 PM

"how can anyone take take him serious after that? he thinks they round 170.4 down to 170.0 for title fights? "

lol, you fucking clown

While the allowance given for the UFC 158 main event has created a stir in mixed martial arts circles, Quebec is not the only state or province that practices such a policy for championship matches.

According to Nevada Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer on Tuesday, officials in the state “go by half-pounds so I round down to the nearest half-pound.”

In Nevada, added Kizer, the scales used go up and down by .2 pounds, so 170 pounds, 170.2 pounds and 170.4 pounds would be rounded down to 170 pounds and be considered to have made weight in the welterweight division. A fighter at 170.6 pounds or 170.8 pounds would round down to 170.5 pounds and be given up to one hour to lose the necessary weight.

lol

"and can you also tel me when in this world we started rounding 170.9 down to 170.0 instead of 171.0 in athletic comp. or anything for that matter?"

When you are rounding "down" and not just "to the nearest", like in Nevada and Quebec and most likely every AC that rounds.

It's hilarious you have such strong opinions about things that you literally know nothing about, have not bothered to do the slightest bit of research about, and are 100% wrong about.

Maybe you should spend more time sucking dicks and less arguing on the internet, you've got to be better at it.

3/30/13 5:24 PM
Masakyst
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/30/13 5:25 PM
and can you also tel me when in this world we started rounding 170.9 down to 170.0 instead of 171.0 in athletic comp. or anything for that matter?
Go walk into any elementary school math class, you will learn that you can round numbers up, down, to the nearest full number, to the nearest half number... There are a lot of different ways that decimals can be rounded.
3/30/13 5:29 PM
Standup29

Anderson's BBC in my Goku -
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 
orcus - 

"you are obviously trying to lump quebec with all these other commissions, but the reality is that they have a very different practice when it comes to weighins...why dont you just admit this?"

Rounding to whole pounds rather than to half pounds is not a "very different practice". Every complaint about this has been that "for a title fight you can't be over, period". Are you saying the outrage is now "ok, you can be over by .4, but not by .6, that's outrageous!!!"? Get real. Why don't you just admit that's fucking retarded and not actually the way you feel -- that you're just trolling?

it is a very different practice...if you weigh 170.5 in quebec (depending on the event apparently), then you make weight, but not so in other jurisdictions including nevada..if you dont make weight you have to give up a significant part of your purse and the fight potentially can be called off...that is a significant difference no matter how you try to spin it

and you are trying soooo hard to dismiss the fact that quebec doesnt even always drop the decimal...that IS A BIG DEAL DUMMY...its an off  the record rule, applied by the same commission, with the same written rules, in an inconsistent manner...even if we were to assume its ok that an off the record rule exists (which its not), at the VERY MINIMUM, they need to apply the same off the record rule to each event under their jurisdiction under their rules...ask yourself this...what is the rational basisand genesis for deviation from their own off the record rule? explain it to me

So once again, Goku wants to set the tolerance limits for the entire world.  He seems to be OK with the fact you can make 170 in Nevada if you weigh 170.4, however is dumfounded that 170.5 is allowed in Quebec.  He's OK with 170.4 in Nevada despite the fact that 170.1 is considered over in California.  All of you idiots like him are funny who think 170.1 is an outrage because it's greater than 170.0 yet fully accept 170.04 even though that is also greater than 170.0.

Make up your minds.

i am not setting the limit dummy..im just saying the quebec commission has a different practice than most other jurisdictions...orcus is repeatedly trying to deflect any sense of irregularity by saying they have the same practice as every other commission...thats not true..there is a difference in substance between the way the quebec commission handles weigh ins and the way other jurisdictions handle weigh ins...

again, im not assigning any value on whether or not weights should be rounded as a good or bad thing...the points isnt that being .9 is so much worse than being .1 over..i never said that and i dont think its even true...the only issue is if they want to set some standard, they need to put it in the rule book so there is certainty that 1) the people that are governed by such rules (ie the fighters) are on notice of the rule and 2) the rule is applied consistently...that is the issue...do you get it now?

He hasn't tried ro deflect that. He is saying no rule was broken. Which is a fact. If one doesn't like the way the QAC handles things, don't fight there. Plenty of fighters have publicly stated they won't fight in California because of the AC's being incompetent or inconsistent.

Stop acting like it was a conspiracy against Diaz or to help GSP. Calling it shady doesn't change it from a conspiracy theory.

I do hope they put their practice in the rules and regulations to avoid this from happening in the future. And I also hope all AC's do the same. Phone Post
3/30/13 6:15 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

Standup29 -
Anderson's BBC in my Goku -
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 
orcus - 

"you are obviously trying to lump quebec with all these other commissions, but the reality is that they have a very different practice when it comes to weighins...why dont you just admit this?"

Rounding to whole pounds rather than to half pounds is not a "very different practice". Every complaint about this has been that "for a title fight you can't be over, period". Are you saying the outrage is now "ok, you can be over by .4, but not by .6, that's outrageous!!!"? Get real. Why don't you just admit that's fucking retarded and not actually the way you feel -- that you're just trolling?

it is a very different practice...if you weigh 170.5 in quebec (depending on the event apparently), then you make weight, but not so in other jurisdictions including nevada..if you dont make weight you have to give up a significant part of your purse and the fight potentially can be called off...that is a significant difference no matter how you try to spin it

and you are trying soooo hard to dismiss the fact that quebec doesnt even always drop the decimal...that IS A BIG DEAL DUMMY...its an off  the record rule, applied by the same commission, with the same written rules, in an inconsistent manner...even if we were to assume its ok that an off the record rule exists (which its not), at the VERY MINIMUM, they need to apply the same off the record rule to each event under their jurisdiction under their rules...ask yourself this...what is the rational basisand genesis for deviation from their own off the record rule? explain it to me

So once again, Goku wants to set the tolerance limits for the entire world.  He seems to be OK with the fact you can make 170 in Nevada if you weigh 170.4, however is dumfounded that 170.5 is allowed in Quebec.  He's OK with 170.4 in Nevada despite the fact that 170.1 is considered over in California.  All of you idiots like him are funny who think 170.1 is an outrage because it's greater than 170.0 yet fully accept 170.04 even though that is also greater than 170.0.

Make up your minds.

i am not setting the limit dummy..im just saying the quebec commission has a different practice than most other jurisdictions...orcus is repeatedly trying to deflect any sense of irregularity by saying they have the same practice as every other commission...thats not true..there is a difference in substance between the way the quebec commission handles weigh ins and the way other jurisdictions handle weigh ins...

again, im not assigning any value on whether or not weights should be rounded as a good or bad thing...the points isnt that being .9 is so much worse than being .1 over..i never said that and i dont think its even true...the only issue is if they want to set some standard, they need to put it in the rule book so there is certainty that 1) the people that are governed by such rules (ie the fighters) are on notice of the rule and 2) the rule is applied consistently...that is the issue...do you get it now?

He hasn't tried ro deflect that. He is saying no rule was broken. Which is a fact. If one doesn't like the way the QAC handles things, don't fight there. Plenty of fighters have publicly stated they won't fight in California because of the AC's being incompetent or inconsistent.

Stop acting like it was a conspiracy against Diaz or to help GSP. Calling it shady doesn't change it from a conspiracy theory.

I do hope they put their practice in the rules and regulations to avoid this from happening in the future. And I also hope all AC's do the same. Phone Post
He isn't trying to deflect anything? Have u not seen the 1000 posts he has made on this subject. It's absolutely shady. They call it an "off the record" rule. It's inconsistently applied. They didn't tell nick about until after he cut weight. They deny that the conversation with nick tool place. They take down the video in a bs copyright claim. They are silent and make no formal statement on te issue. Are u fucking blind? U may try to spin away each of these details but taken as a whole it's absolutely shady. Usually where there is smoke there is a fire. Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 7:09 PM
Winston Wolf

lets take a poll how many paid UFC posters on this thread ?
3/30/13 8:29 PM
SQUEEZIE

orcus - 

"and yea i better believe it if firaz said it.he has no connection to gsp what so ever.get real guy.what about the other fights he had there?if they were doing the same thing then,why did they decide to tell him this time and not those times?"

If they didn't tell his opponents the previous times, but supposedly did tell GSP, why did they tell Nick this time?

"and also please tel me why you think that this is all about gsp any way. hardly the issue at hand"

Because you said it's a big problem if someone competed there without their opponent being informed at the same time they were -- which, as far as we know, has never taken place.

"you make no sense if you really understand what you just typed rt here."

No, you don't understand. Neither the promotion's nor the AC's rules specify the tolerances to be used for official weights. 

i never said they told him and didnt tel his opponents the other times...never.didnt even imply it one bit.just asked a few question to which you gave no answers.

someone does not equal gsp.others did and have fought on the cards where they decided to do the weigh-in how they wanted to with out informing anyone.and those participants may or may have not known.they may or may not have thought the contract they signed would be followed like every other contract they signed with that same promotion rt down to the way the weigh-in weight is read out on the scale they agreed to use.

other wise maybe they would have put that in the contract and the commission there im sure would have obliged since they try to accommodate which ever promotion is holding the event according to most.

they might have to go back and "specify" a few rules in case someone wants to play semantics for the purposes of loving a fighter,hating a fighter or just to win a argument.most of the time none of those purposes take logic or facts into account.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.