UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC knew the .9 allowance for GSP was illegal

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/29/13 2:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"The people complaining just seem like bitter Diaz fans because none of them were outraged when everyone else apparently made their exact weights with no decimal remainders for all of those other Montreal events, which should have been a pretty big clue that they were taking liberties with what they counted for awhile. But suddenly they're all detectives that just need to discovery the truth behind this mystery."

Not to mention Vegas -- where the vast majority of UFC events are held -- round down weights to the nearest half. It's not even about "taking liberties", it's about the fact that most ACs round down the weights to one degree or another. Washington, off the top of my head, is the only one that always seems to use 10ths of a pound.

I guess nearly every UFC title fight that has ever taken place is suspect, because all weights were rounded down.

3/29/13 2:20 PM
Loadin76
1460 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -
Loadin76 - 

If it was such a huge issue for Nick and his camp why didn't they come out right after they were told? Like before the weigh ins? It's like they purposely kept their anger in till after the fight so they had a reason to try and get another fight.

Obviously. Doesn't it make more sense to try to prevent "illegal" activity from taking place than to let it go with no argument and then whine about it after?

And I am all about seeing why/if this happened but why wait till after the fact? Phone Post
3/29/13 2:23 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Barbalos - His lawyer is trolling MM here. "Nick's not going to make an issue of it". UH, then what is he doing here? Quit crying camp Caesar, you lost fair and square, and completely. The only people who give a shit about this at this point is camp Gracie CryJitsu and diaz ball slobberers.

I cant stand Diaz or Cesar....yet I have a HUGE issue with shady "off the record" rules and a UFC executive pretending he never had a conversation about it when it is on video. There is some seriously shady shit going on with that commission, and the UFC clearly knew about it. Those text messages prove how full of shit everyone is.

3/29/13 2:24 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

lastcall - I have no doubt the shorts GSP kept on weighed more than .9 lbs. Calm down

That is actually wrong. They weigh less than a half pound...look it up.

To boot, no one knows what that scale actually showed other than GSP and the guy from the commission.

3/29/13 2:25 PM
orcus

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Barbalos - His lawyer is trolling MM here. "Nick's not going to make an issue of it". UH, then what is he doing here? Quit crying camp Caesar, you lost fair and square, and completely. The only people who give a shit about this at this point is camp Gracie CryJitsu and diaz ball slobberers.

I cant stand Diaz or Cesar....yet I have a HUGE issue with shady "off the record" rules and a UFC executive pretending he never had a conversation about it when it is on video. There is some seriously shady shit going on with that commission, and the UFC clearly knew about it. Those text messages prove how full of shit everyone is.

Why can't you tell me what rule was broken?

What does a UFC exec conversation have to do with the COMMISSION being "shady"? Why can't you tell me what the commission did wrong?

3/29/13 2:26 PM
gorgesjorj
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAjunkie Radio, Host
Dan Miller went from 172 to 171 by removing his underwear. I'm pretty sure GSP woulda been ok with whatever he was wearing. It's not like he went up there with a leaf covering him up.

GG
@mmajunkiegeorge
@mmajunkieradio
3/29/13 2:31 PM
Whambo
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This forum is becoming retarded. About 50 threads on .9 of a lb. I have heard Dana mention they give a llb leniency tons of times in case the scale is off. Now people are acting like this is the biggest conspiracy to hit sports.
3/29/13 2:33 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

orcus - 

"The issue is with the commission."

What is the issue with the commission? What did they do wrong?

They have "rules" that are not in writting, that apparently them implement and do not implement whenever they feel like it. They used the decimal at UFC 124, but not at this one or others. They used the decimal in many other MMA events and a boxing event where they broke ANOTHER rules of theirs that you do not get time to re-cut if you miss (Hopkins was .6lbs over and was allowed to cut.

If you cannot see that they are doing something inconsistent at the minimum, and corrupt at the maximum then you have serious mental issues.

Then apparently the UFC is 100% aware of these special "off the record" rules that the commission decides to implement as they see fit. The UFC decides it is smart to wait until the last possible chance before the weigh ins to make a fighter fighting for the UFC belt aware that these "off the record" rules are in place, and then that SAME official for the UFC, who is on video stating these "off the record" rules repeatedly tries to pretend the conversation never happened.

Again, if you cannot see that something shady/fucked up is going on here, you have serious mental issues ( or you ARE a zuffa schill like many think you are).

3/29/13 2:37 PM
Barbalos

orcus - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

What does a UFC exec conversation have to do with the COMMISSION being "shady"? Why can't you tell me what the commission did wrong?

As far as I can tell, it's 'shady' because Diaz lost and is crying about it and despite everyone knowing it made zero difference either, any way, they have to back their bff fighter when he is making excuses like it's going out of style.
3/29/13 2:39 PM
orcus

Edited: 03/29/13 2:40 PM

LnP -- there is no rule saying full decimals have to be used. There is likewise no rule saying decimals have to be rounded down. Therefore whatever they choose to do as far as rounding or not rounding goes is literally, by definition, "off the record". This is the case in most other ACs, including Nevada's -- there are no rules in the regs about to what decimal place weights must be given and recorded, therefore this decision is literally "off the record". I see nothing in NSAC's "record" about what tolerance is to be used with weights -- they round down to the half. I see nothing in WSAC's "record" about what tolerance is to be used with weights -- they use 1/10ths of a pound.

Perhaps the presiding official at the event takes the promoter's consideration into account. Perhaps he takes the particular scale in use that day into account. 

So again: Please tell me what rule was broken.

3/29/13 2:46 PM
dakotajudo
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gorgesjorj - Dan Miller went from 172 to 171 by removing his underwear. I'm pretty sure GSP woulda been ok with whatever he was wearing. It's not like he went up there with a leaf covering him up.

GG
@mmajunkiegeorge
@mmajunkieradio

This, in a way, confirms that decimal places have been dropped in the past.

Do you really think underwear weighs a pound? I routinely weigh myself with and without; I don't have anything that weighs more than a few ounces.

However, consider, that Miller weighed just over 172, say 172.1. When he removed his underwear (at roughly 3 ounces), the scale read 171.9.

His official weight, dropping the least significant digit, would be reported as 172, then 171.
3/29/13 2:49 PM
Barbalos

Edited: 03/29/13 2:49 PM
This is just ridiculous
3/29/13 2:54 PM
Winston Wolf
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

im beginning to think Orcus may indeed be a UFC paid schill.Hurry Orcus and cut and paste hurry up
3/29/13 2:58 PM
orcus

Winston Wolf - im beginning to think Orcus may indeed be a UFC paid schill.Hurry Orcus and cut and paste hurry up

What did I cut and paste?

Can you tell me what rule was broken, Winston? You seem to have very strong opinions. What rule was broken?

3/29/13 3:01 PM
40oztofreedom
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keith Hackney says 0.9lbs is not that big a deal Phone Post 3.0
3/29/13 3:06 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Orcus: "In the Bernard fight the official weights used the full decimals.  In this event -- like the other UFC events -- they round down to the whole. The regulations say nothing about using or not using the decimals, so no rule is broken by not using them. "

Well can you address UFC 124 then, where they DID use a decimal? You keep pretending like Quebec always drops decimals for the UFC, but they don't.

The rule that WAS broken in the Hopkins fight is that Quebec does not allow combatants time to cut weight if they are over, yet they DID allow Hopkins. (just like Mr.UFC said they would allow GSP/Diaz if they missed)

Yet here you are, knowing all these inconsistencies, but ignoring them and trying to protect Zuffa and the commission of any wrong doing whatsoever. Obvious schill is obvious?

3/29/13 3:09 PM
orcus

Edited: 03/29/13 3:09 PM

"Well can you address UFC 124 then, where they DID use a decimal? You keep pretending like Quebec always drops decimals for the UFC, but they don't."

Sorry, sometimes they round down to the half, not the whole. 

"The rule that WAS broken in the Hopkins fight"

Cool. So you're concerned about the improprieties in the Bernard Hopkins boxing match? That's why you're so upset? Better contact SI and ESPN and everyone else who were there at that event and were well aware of what was happening.

"Yet here you are, knowing all these inconsistencies,"

lol! You listed two "inconsistencies", one of which did not take place at this event, the other of which is an issue with no official standard.

It's funny how in all these posts, neither you nor anyone can tell me what rule was broken at UFC 158.

3/29/13 3:09 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

orcus - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

It is the commissions "off the record" rule that the UFC brass was explaining to Diaz and co. Then that same brass hat pretends like the conversation never happened to try and cover up the whole thing.

If you think there is nothing wrong with a commission having secret rules that are not written anywhere, and picking and choosing when and how they enforce those secret rules, then you're an idiot or a schill.

3/29/13 3:10 PM
orcus

"If you think there is nothing wrong with a commission having secret rules that are not written anywhere"

What is the secret rule?

BLPorritt
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Barbalos - 
orcus - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

As far as I can tell, it's 'shady' because Diaz lost and is crying about it and despite everyone knowing it made zero difference either, any way, they have to back their bff fighter when he is making excuses like it's going out of style.

Maybe you missed the part where I (and many many other posters here) are NOT fans of Diaz, we just have issues with shady promotions and commissions that have "off the record" rules that they pick and choose when to use and enforce????

My god there are some idiots that just cannot grasp that you don't have to eb a Diaz fan to have an issue with what happened.

3/29/13 3:12 PM
ChaosOverkill
825 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick's not getting an instant rematch... keep trying though

orcus

For the love of god, tell me the "secret rule".

Is it that they were going to round to the whole? Well, that's neither a "rule", nor "secret", since they did it at the previous event and 2 of the events before that. So please stop calling it a "secret rule".

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

orcus - 

"If you think there is nothing wrong with a commission having secret rules that are not written anywhere"

What is the secret rule?

That they do not count the decimal at all despite it being a title fight where they are contractually obligated to NOT exceed 170lbs.

The UFC brass also said they WOULD allow Nick and GSP to cut more weight if they missed, which is a DIRECT contradiction to their own written rules.

3/29/13 3:14 PM
orcus

LNP, can you point me to the rules in the Nevada, California, Illinois, Minnesota, Brazil, and Quebec athletic commission regulations that define to what tolerance weights are to be given? That forbid or require rounding to take place, and to what degree?

Are all of those ACs shady? Or just Quebec's?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.