UnderGround Forums >> UFC knew the .9 allowance for GSP was illegal

3/29/13 4:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barbalos - 
orcus - 

"Riiiiiight. It's not a rule because it's not in the regs."

Yessssss. You see, that's what a "rule" is. Do you get it now? There are two types of rules, official and unofficial. An official rule is officially recorded in the regulations -- the tolerance of the weights is not. An unofficial rule is one that is always followed despite not being in the regulations -- you yourself have said the tolerance of the weights is not.

lol @ you still arguing it's a "rule"! What is the matter with you?

"They don't "ALWAYS" round down in quebec, as you have already conceded."

No, they DO always round down in UFC events in Quebec.

"sometimes they round up or down at the halfway mark."

Source for them or ANY a.c. EVER rounding up? NSAC does not, we know that. 

Rounding up? LOL. WTF is this guy talking about??

How do you two geniuses think the .5 weights work?

anything over the pound mark goes up to .5. Anything over .5 goes up to the next pound. This is only when a commission is using the .5 only way.

3/29/13 4:12 PM
orcus

Edited: 03/29/13 4:12 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Barbalos - 
orcus - 

Yessssss. You see, that's what a "rule" is. Do you get it now? There are two types of rules, official and unofficial. An official rule is officially recorded in the regulations -- the tolerance of the weights is not. An unofficial rule is one that is always followed despite not being in the regulations -- you yourself have said the tolerance of the weights is not.

anything over the pound mark goes up to .5. Anything over .5 goes up to the next pound. This is only when a commission is using the .5 only way.

lol @ this guy, it's beyond comical.

Do you have ANY proof that ANY a.c. in the world rounds UP? I mean, it flies in the face of common sense -- telling a fighter he has to lose more weight than he really does, endangering the whole event -- so surely you must have some actual verification?

The NSAC uses half pound increments, and everything is rounded DOWN to the nearest half pound.

170.4 becomes 170.

170.8 becomes 170.5.

3/29/13 4:15 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

orcus - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Barbalos - 
orcus - 

lol @ this guy, it's beyond comical.

Do you have ANY proof that ANY a.c. in the world rounds UP? I mean, it flies in the face of common sense -- telling a fighter he has to lose more weight than he really does, endangering the whole event -- so surely you must have some actual verification?

The NSAC uses half pound increments, and everything is rounded DOWN to the nearest half pound.

170.4 becomes 170.

170.8 becomes 170.5.

uhhh...that seems to mean as a practical matter that they round up...

lets make it very simple..if you weigh in at 170.8 in nevada are you over the limit for a 170lb max fight that is a championship bout?

3/29/13 4:18 PM
babbling monkey
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

"Nevada clearly states their rules in writting. They don't have unwritten little secret rules to tell anyone about at the last moment..."

There is nothing -- NOTHING -- in the Nevada rules stating that they will round weights down to the half.

"So funny how you are 100% completely dicktucking the issue that they would have allowed either title fighter to cut more weight"

Yes, according to the UFC guy -- not the AC -- they would have allowed extra time to make weight if it were missed. It is against the rules and if you're a douche who just likes to be a douche, you can complain about it. I doubt any fighter at all would complain about being given extra time, nor do I doubt any fighter would deliberately come in over so he could have that extra hour, given the fact that that means more time dehydrated and starving and less time recovering. Even crybaby Nick and his crybaby lawyer aren't saying they wish they hadn't been offered an extra hour. In any case, this didn't actually happen, so it's moot.

"I don't NEED to sift through all those commissions exact verbage as they are not the ones picking and choosing when and where they want to use different regulations on weight."

They're not? But California sometimes rounds and sometimes doesn't. Vegas does round now but I don't know if they always did. Neither has it in their regs, so are free to do what they want. So yes, they ALL are "picking and choosing" when and where to round and to what degree. How are you still in denial about this? This is a fact.

I doubt any fighter would complain if their opponent was stoned, but its a written rule.

Is the ug freeze system broken? How is it possibl
3/29/13 4:22 PM
orcus

"lets make it very simple..if you weigh in at 170.8 in nevada are you over the limit for a 170lb max fight that is a championship bout?"

Yes, because in Nevada they round to the half pound, so 170.8 would be 170.5. Is this a serious question?

3/29/13 4:28 PM

orcus - 

"lets make it very simple..if you weigh in at 170.8 in nevada are you over the limit for a 170lb max fight that is a championship bout?"

Yes, because in Nevada they round to the half pound, so 170.8 would be 170.5. Is this a serious question?

yes, because you  idiotically are trying to lump the Nevada AC together with the Quebec AC since they both "round down", but in reality their standards are completely different...wtf does it even mean to round down to .5...what purpose does that serve?

3/29/13 4:31 PM
orcus

"wtf does it even mean to round down to .5...what purpose does that serve?"

lol @ what does it even mean...here's what it means, it means if the scale says 170.4, you round down to 170. If the scale says 170.8, you round down to 170.5. Are you fucking retarded? How can you have the nerve to debate with people when you're this dumb?

What purpose does it serve? What kind of idiotic grasping are you doing now? Who gives a fuck...they round to nice clean numbers. Some to the half, some all the way to the whole.

3/29/13 4:33 PM
orcus

And lol at in response to my saying 170.4 becomes 170, 170.8 becomes 170.5, you say "uhhh...that seems to mean as a practical matter that they round up..."

Seriously, are you drunk?

3/29/13 4:36 PM

orcus - 

"wtf does it even mean to round down to .5...what purpose does that serve?"

lol @ what does it even mean...here's what it means, it means if the scale says 170.4, you round down to 170. If the scale says 170.8, you round down to 170.5. Are you fucking retarded? How can you have the nerve to debate with people when you're this dumb?

What purpose does it serve? What kind of idiotic grasping are you doing now? Who gives a fuck...they round to nice clean numbers. Some to the half, some all the way to the whole.

ummm..i understand what you are saying..but the practical effect of rounding to .5 makes absolutely no sense..why would you round down to .5? .5 is not any more a "clean" number than .1 is....

the reality is you are saying they "round down" to .5 just so you can say the NV also rounds down..

the practical reality is that they round to the nearest whole

that is, if you weigh 170.8, it means you weighed 171 and are therefore overweight...

and even with your stupid argument, its still a different standard than quebec...

3/29/13 4:42 PM

orcus - 

And lol at in response to my saying 170.4 becomes 170, 170.8 becomes 170.5, you say "uhhh...that seems to mean as a practical matter that they round up..."

Seriously, are you drunk?

lol...let me break it down for you fool....

UFC weightclasses are based on whole numbers, 155, 170, 185 etc.

so lets use your wording and say the AC rounds down to the nearest "half pound" (your words)..bizarre, but ok...

you are saying if you weighin at 170.3 they round down to 170 and you make weight..

and if you weighin at 170.8, they round down to 170.5, and you don't make weight...right?

k, first of all, rounding from 170.3 to 170  isnt rounding down to the nearest "half pound" , you are rounding down to the nearest whole number...so you are already wrong there

putting that aside, if they "round to the nearest whole", then the same result happens, if you weigh 170.3, you make weight, if you weight 170.8, you don't make weight...that is why for all practical purposes, rounding to the nearest half pound, as you put it, has the exact same practical effect as rounding to the nearest whole

understan?

3/29/13 4:43 PM
orcus

Edited: 03/29/13 4:49 PM

"the practical reality is that they round to the nearest whole. that is, if you weigh 170.8, it means you weighed 171 and are therefore overweight..."

You seriously must be fucking retarded.

If you weigh 170.8, they round DOWN to 170.5. They don't -- EVER -- round UP to 171. Feel free to contact Kizer yourself and ask him. He is, after all, the guy sitting there and reading the scale and announcing the official weight himself. 

Why do you insist on making up your own fantasy version of reality?

"k, first of all, rounding from 170.3 to 170  isnt rounding down to the nearest "half pound" , you are rounding down to the nearest whole number...so you are already wrong there"

If you round from 170.3 to 170 AND from 170.8 to 170.5, no that is not rounding down tot he nearest whole number, you cretin.

3/29/13 4:46 PM
Winston Wolf
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

check that other thread with the private texts Wow its real bad Im waiting for Orcus to say how nice a guy the UFC rep was
3/29/13 4:50 PM

Edited: 03/29/13 4:50 PM
orcus - 

"the practical reality is that they round to the nearest whole. that is, if you weigh 170.8, it means you weighed 171 and are therefore overweight..."

You seriously must be fucking retarded.

If you weigh 170.8, they round DOWN to 170.5. They don't -- EVER -- round UP to 171. Feel free to contact Kizer yourself and ask him. He is, after all, the guy sitting there and reading the scale and announcing the official weight himself. 

Why do you insist on making up your own fantasy version of reality?

"k, first of all, rounding from 170.3 to 170  isnt rounding down to the nearest "half pound" , you are rounding down to the nearest whole number...so you are already wrong there"

If you round from 170.3 to 170 AND from 170.8 to 170.5, no that is not rounding down tot he nearest whole number, you cretin.

", if you weigh 170.3, you make weight, if you weight 170.8, you don't make weight...that is why for all practical purposes, rounding to the nearest half pound, as you put it, has the exact same practical effect as rounding to the nearest whole"

WHAT. THE. FUCK. In the real world, a fighter weighing 170.8's official weight is 170.5. He has to cut .4lb, then the scale will say 170.4 and his official weight will be 170.

In your fantasy that is wholly unrelated to the real world, a fighter weighing 170.8's official weight is 171. He now has to cut .6lb, so the scale reads 170.4 and his official weight will be 170.

The difference is even greater if we are talking about a fighter whose scale reads 170.6. Real world: Offiical weight 170.5, the guy must lose just .2lb so the scale reads 170.4. Your fantasy: Official weight 171, the guy must lost .6lb to make 170.4.

lol @ "the exact same practical effect", dummy. Are you ever right about anything? I pity your clients.

dummy, i am talking aout the practical effect...tell me in what scenario would rounding down to the nearest half pound have a different outcome than rounding to the nearest whole

lol..secondly...i never said rounding from 170.8 to 170.5 (which again, makes no sense) is rounding to the nearest whole..i was saying that you were wrong in saying that rounding 170.3 to 170 is rounding to the nearest half pound...

3/29/13 4:52 PM
orcus

What on earth is the point you are trying to make here? That rounding to a half pound is inefficient or something? Tell it to the AC. 

Does this have any bearing whatsoever on whether or not ACs round down?

The point is, someone weighing 170.4 in a title fight in Nevada DOES NOT HAVE TO CUT WEIGHT AT ALL.

3/29/13 4:53 PM
orcus

By the way I fucked up my math above so you were right about that -- that's one for you out of the thousands you've gotten wrong this week.

3/29/13 4:54 PM
Winston Wolf
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orcus is hiding from the new thread where the UFC rep acts like he never even spoke to Diaz What a shady charactor
3/29/13 4:54 PM
trobinson21
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lastcall - I have no doubt the shorts GSP kept on weighed more than .9 lbs. Calm down
.1 Phone Post
3/29/13 4:58 PM

orcus - 

What on earth is the point you are trying to make here? That rounding to a half pound is inefficient or something? Tell it to the AC. 

Does this have any bearing whatsoever on whether or not ACs round down?

The point is, someone weighing 170.4 in a title fight in Nevada DOES NOT HAVE TO CUT WEIGHT AT ALL.

why would i tell the AC? why dont u post kizer's email so we can clearly see what he said?

your last point is a fair one, but that doesnt mean that the quebec commission did nothing wrong, which is what we are talking about...

the point i was making is that you are trying to say that quebec does it like everyone else..thats not true

3/29/13 5:03 PM
Barbalos

Edited: 03/29/13 5:04 PM
So Nevada does the same thing Quebec did, and that means Quebec is doing something wrong. Ok, nice argument.
3/29/13 5:04 PM
orcus

Kizer's email is on the NSAC website. It's not a secret. I would post exact quotes but he never responded when I asked if I could repost them. I do think it's perfectly fine to paraphrase what he said.

" that doesnt mean that the quebec commission did nothing wrong,"

Can you name one thing they did wrong?

"the point i was making is that you are trying to say that quebec does it like everyone else..thats not true"

No, YOU guys are trying to say rounding down weights in title fights in unique, unheard of, and shady...What *I* am saying is the biggest AC in the country, where the vast majority of UFC title fights are held, does it too -- and no one has ever complained about it, even though it's 1) not in the rules and regulations and 2) patently obvious when the weights are announced and recorded at the PUBLIC weighins. It's also pretty obvious to anyone who isn't just trolling that all those other ACs with rounded weights do it too.

3/29/13 5:05 PM
Winston Wolf

Barbalos - So Nevada does the same thing Quebec did, and that means Quebec is doing something wrong. Ok, nice argument.

paid schill
3/29/13 5:05 PM
levragentiming
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Othello -
notsobigmike - 
klabo - 
lastcall - I have no doubt the shorts GSP kept on weighed more than .9 lbs. Calm down
End if thread Phone Post 3.0

Actually, I think there was another thread that claimed those fight shorts weighed .2 or .3 pounds.

In any case, has it ever been demonstrated that GSP did NOT weight in at 170?

It seems like all the talk is about making up this allowance (which is bullshit), but I haven't actually seen whether or not GSP conclusively weighed in over the limit.

He jumped on the scale and the commission clearly stated he made weight. I don't understand what the issue is.
LMAO at this idiot. They already told Nick if GSP weighed 107.9 they would announce it as 170... try again Phone Post
3/29/13 5:06 PM
Winston Wolf

Orcus did u see the thread with the text conversation ? the same dude is denying he even had it Check the other thread
3/29/13 5:07 PM
Barbalos

levragentiming - 
Othello -
notsobigmike - 
klabo - 
End if thread Phone Post 3.0

Actually, I think there was another thread that claimed those fight shorts weighed .2 or .3 pounds.

In any case, has it ever been demonstrated that GSP did NOT weight in at 170?

It seems like all the talk is about making up this allowance (which is bullshit), but I haven't actually seen whether or not GSP conclusively weighed in over the limit.

He jumped on the scale and the commission clearly stated he made weight. I don't understand what the issue is.
LMAO at this idiot. They already told Nick if GSP weighed 107.9 they would announce it as 170... try again Phone Post

So because they told Nick that IF GSP weighed 170.9, they would round it down. That means that GSP definitely weighed 170.9 and that's what they did? Can you prove that or are you just making shit up?
3/29/13 5:08 PM
Barbalos

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
Winston Wolf - 
Barbalos - So Nevada does the same thing Quebec did, and that means Quebec is doing something wrong. Ok, nice argument.

paid schill

Is this his internet schtick or something?   What a crybaby.

Only crybaby here is Diaz (and his nut lickers). Everyone else is perfectly fine with what has happened.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.