UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Diaz attorney releases private text messages

3/29/13 4:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tankhead
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick pursuing this will be his downfall. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/13 4:41 PM
dubate
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you tell a fighter that a weight allowance will be made when one normally isn't and then act like his representative is crazy when he brings it up is beyond shady.
This doesn't mean that Diaz would have won or that he deserves an immediate rematch. As a UFC representative he owed a legitimate explanation to the Diaz camp. What I think is so crazy about this, is that all he had to say was "I've never heard of this before but that's what they told us, we're looking into it but as far as I know, both fighters weighed in at 170 or lower". Instead he took the bullshit I didn't realize I was filmed way out and said I don't know what you're talking about. Phone Post
3/29/13 4:42 PM
Chromium
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While I don't think the 0.9 lbs. thing is a big deal, Michael Mersch is acting like an utterly unprofessional cunt here and he is certainly in a position to know better. All he had to was something like "it's technically part of the Quebec athletic commission code regarding championship fights. I apologize that we didn't relay this information earlier." Instead he responds with a bunch of non-sequitur response trying to dodge the question while making ad-hominem attacks. He does not deserve to work for the UFC.

3/29/13 4:45 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOAN VIPER -  I am going to go out on a limb here and say that Diaz will not cash another check from zuffa Phone Post

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that Nick "the honey badger" Diaz dont give a f!

3/29/13 4:46 PM
fitch n prey
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck the rematch I don't think he'll get it but maybe he could get 20% of gsp purse for missing weight Phone Post 3.0
3/29/13 4:51 PM
yomamafool

kinda weird how that guy is dodging the issue. did he not know they had video of him?

regardless of if gsp made weight or not, why the shady shit?
3/29/13 4:51 PM
Winston Wolf
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yomamafool - kinda weird how that guy is dodging the issue. did he not know they had video of him?

regardless of if gsp made weight or not, why the shady shit?

not wierd or suprising The dudes shady
3/29/13 4:57 PM
DRevan

Diaz and his lawyer are doing nothing wrong here. Anyone who seriously questions Diaz's right to find out WTF happened is exceedingly misguided and condoning possibly underhanded behavior.

Fair play is fair. If you support anything else...you are a dick. If you are cool with that...awesome...go have a series of maladies befall you that removes you from the presence of polite company.
3/29/13 4:59 PM
Curtis_E_Bare
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks to me like Mersch is talking to a lawyer like anyone should - deny everything lest they try and twist it around on you.

JDT: "Hi Mike. Nick is curious about the colour of the sky. He doesn't want to be a nuisance about this, but he thinks it's blue"

MM: "I have no knowledge of the sky being blue."
3/29/13 5:01 PM
Barbalos

DRevan - Diaz and his lawyer are doing nothing wrong here. Anyone who seriously questions Diaz's right to find out WTF happened is exceedingly misguided and condoning possibly underhanded behavior.

Fair play is fair. If you support anything else...you are a dick. If you are cool with that...awesome...go have a series of maladies befall you that removes you from the presence of polite company.

This might be correct, IF Diaz hadn't already used every other excuse in the book. Too tired, GSPs gloves were loaded, the rules are bullshit, etc. He is the boy who cried (and continues to cry) wolf. Ironic huh. How you can you take these whinings seriously when Nick is just going through the checklist of things he can complain about that might get him a rematch? He's full of shit, and so is his laughable camp.
3/29/13 5:03 PM
babbling monkey
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOAN VIPER -  I am going to go out on a limb here and say that Diaz will not cash another check from zuffa Phone Post

Who cares. I'd like to see him fuckup fitch.
3/29/13 5:04 PM
Daht
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's pretty shady, but it won't lead Nick to any rematch. It could lead to legal action with the commission or this tool Mersch
Winston Wolf
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barbalos - 
DRevan - Diaz and his lawyer are doing nothing wrong here. Anyone who seriously questions Diaz's right to find out WTF happened is exceedingly misguided and condoning possibly underhanded behavior.

This might be correct, IF Diaz hadn't already used every other excuse in the book. Too tired, GSPs gloves were loaded, the rules are bullshit, etc. He is the boy who cried (and continues to cry) wolf. Ironic huh. How you can you take these whinings seriously when Nick is just going through the checklist of things he can complain about that might get him a rematch? He's full of shit, and so is his laughable camp.

schill and probly paid poster
Swayze Express

Nick says he wants to retire and I think this is his way out.
3/29/13 5:10 PM
McBottery
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ "Nicks not going to make an issue of it" Phone Post
3/29/13 5:14 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shady.

While Tweedale's asking maybe he should ask the Quebec AC why, if they drop the decimal, they didn't do it at UFC 83 in Montreal when GSP got his rematch with Serra.

Or why they counted the decimals at TKO 19.

Or why they didn't cut the decimal for Hopkins when he was fighting a local favorite. Or why they didn't count them in the recent MMA event mentioned in the MMAfighting article.

3/29/13 5:19 PM
40oztofreedom
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the UFC should just stay in Vegas from now on. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/13 5:20 PM
JimmersonzGlove
554 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weird
3/29/13 5:22 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOAN VIPER - 
LOAN VIPER -
PorkSwordInMyGapingHole -

1.1 million PPV buys says otherwise. Diaz will fight again for the UFC this year. Probably towards the end of summer.

GSP vs Carlos did over 800 K I don't think Diaz was the draw Phone Post
But I do hope he does fight again because I enjoy it Phone Post

GSP vs Fitch did 625k. Diaz was definitely part of the draw, though GSP was the major part.
3/29/13 5:22 PM
Chiron

LOAN VIPER - 
LOAN VIPER -
PorkSwordInMyGapingHole -

1.1 million PPV buys says otherwise. Diaz will fight again for the UFC this year. Probably towards the end of summer.

GSP vs Carlos did over 800 K I don't think Diaz was the draw Phone Post
But I do hope he does fight again because I enjoy it Phone Post

GSP vs Fitch did 625k. Diaz was definitely part of the draw, though GSP was the major part.
3/29/13 5:32 PM
Chiron

Barbalos - 

Nick has whined about many things, often without merit.

How does that in any way invalidate a legitimate question? Unlike most of Diaz's complains, the more evidence that has leaked out on this one, the more it looks suspect.

That's like saying "Well, numerous people have implied that GSP cheats in one form or another, and most of them weren't whiners, therefore he must be cheating."

Or we could act like intelligent adults and take it issue by issue to determine if the complaint for that particular incident is valid or BS. That doesn't take too much brain power, does it?
3/29/13 5:34 PM
slowdiver
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This ain't even about Nick anymore assholes. If you don't support cleaning up corruption when it's spotlighted like this then it will just snowball into making MMA as slimy as boxing is. Or is it too late already?

Nick won't "win" anything from this. But think long term here and understand how much we all stand to lose if we don't unite against these lying weasels. It's on fucking tape! LIARS. Go ahead and keep on hating Nick until this shit happens to your favorite fighter. It will infect every corner of MMA. Commissions, judges, matchmakers, etc...
3/29/13 5:42 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

first off it's wrong of the commission to do that shit under the table. Second who gives a shit because Diaz didn't deserve a title shot. But if they did that so GSP didn't have to cut an extra pound than that's BS, but then again Nick didn't deserve the title shot and even if GSP had to cut an extra lb. he'd still beat Diaz.
3/29/13 5:46 PM
frampton337

slowdiver - This ain't even about Nick anymore assholes. If you don't support cleaning up corruption when it's spotlighted like this then it will just snowball into making MMA as slimy as boxing is. Or is it too late already?

Nick won't "win" anything from this. But think long term here and understand how much we all stand to lose if we don't unite against these lying weasels. It's on fucking tape! LIARS. Go ahead and keep on hating Nick until this shit happens to your favorite fighter. It will infect every corner of MMA. Commissions, judges, matchmakers, etc...
Well said Phone Post 3.0
3/29/13 5:47 PM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

By Brent Brookhouse

*surprised face* Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.