UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Diaz attorney releases private text messages

3/29/13 7:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PeaceThroughStrength
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Regardless of who you are a fan of,this .9 shouldn't be a off the record rule.Either its an official rule or it isn't.Especially in a championship fight.
It's very easy for someone whom wasn't involved in the fight to brush it off as nonsense.

3/29/13 7:49 PM
Bentleysuper8

How does the UFC have the power to pull a privately shot video off youtube. Well I guess I can see they have the "power" but do they have the right? That seems shifty as hell to me. And it's not like everyone and their dog hasn't seen the video anyway.
3/29/13 7:49 PM
adc559

Sal Penis -
slowdiver - This ain't even about Nick anymore assholes. If you don't support cleaning up corruption when it's spotlighted like this then it will just snowball into making MMA as slimy as boxing is. Or is it too late already?

Nick won't "win" anything from this. But think long term here and understand how much we all stand to lose if we don't unite against these lying weasels. It's on fucking tape! LIARS. Go ahead and keep on hating Nick until this shit happens to your favorite fighter. It will infect every corner of MMA. Commissions, judges, matchmakers, etc...
This right here all day Phone Post
This Phone Post
3/29/13 7:54 PM
guardbr8kr

adc559 - 
Sal Penis -
slowdiver - This ain't even about Nick anymore assholes. If you don't support cleaning up corruption when it's spotlighted like this then it will just snowball into making MMA as slimy as boxing is. Or is it too late already?

Nick won't "win" anything from this. But think long term here and understand how much we all stand to lose if we don't unite against these lying weasels. It's on fucking tape! LIARS. Go ahead and keep on hating Nick until this shit happens to your favorite fighter. It will infect every corner of MMA. Commissions, judges, matchmakers, etc...
This right here all day Phone Post
This Phone Post

Lil boy's who enjoy Sal's Penis . Typical amuriKKKaN's imo...
3/29/13 8:08 PM
IronShriek

norcalmma - So were they fighting for the ufc 170lb belt or the Quebec 170.9lb belt?

The latter.
He's contractually entitled to fight for the UFC 170 pound belt. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/13 8:16 PM
rbl
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's not worth a rematch but it's pretty shady. Phone Post
3/29/13 8:17 PM
JetSetter

Diaz got clowned in the cage then looked like a clown at the presser!

It's over now folks nothing to see here move along to the next event. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/13 8:17 PM
bigcitytaken

Edited: 03/29/13 8:23 PM
for all you people who think diaz is saying he lost because of the .9 of extra weight gsp was carrying on him, i think that diaz is pursuing this case cause he wants gsp to be fined for this and to give a portion of his purse to diaz. Nick diaz has the same mentality as rampage in that "ITS all about that cheddar baby" nick should be compensated for gsp fail in weight no question about it!!!30% of his purse sounds reasonable to me.
3/29/13 8:29 PM
clown makeup

Also moving to MMA is Mike Mersch, the Nevada deputy attorney general who represents the Nevada Athletic Commission. Mersch has taken a job with the Ultimate Fighting Championship, where he will join former co-worker Kirk Hendrick, now UFC’s chief operating officer.

3/29/13 8:29 PM
dubate
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As I see it there are 2 issues.
1. The athletic commission selectively enforcing or creating rules as they go along which you can't have.
2. This isn't about someone weighing .9lbs over their contracted weight. The issue is how hard it is to lose that .9 pounds and what it takes out of you the next day.
Either way as the earlier post said this isn't about Nick Diaz anymore this is about corrupt Athletic Commission and an either complicit or corrupt UFC official. And anyone who is against a bright light being shown on this is either retarded or trolling. Phone Post
3/29/13 8:30 PM
Winston Wolf
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bigcitytaken - for all you people who think diaz is saying he lost because of the .9 of extra weight gsp was carrying on him, i think that diaz is pursuing this case cause he wants gsp to be fined for this and to give a portion of his purse to diaz. Nick diaz has the same mentality as rampage in that "ITS all about that cheddar baby" nick should be compensated for gsp fail in weight no question about it!!!30% of his purse sounds reasonable to me.

nobody is saying Diaz lost because if this
3/29/13 8:33 PM
Gullivers Travels
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As much as I hate team Cesar Gracie, this is shady. And the fact that Mersch wouldn't elaborate makes it that much worse.
3/29/13 8:34 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

kinson -  Nicky and his fans are reaching really hard at this point. Reaching, like the cast of Ancient Aliens in season 4. Phone Post

You do realize that MANY posters here who have an issue with what went on here are not Diaz fans right?

I don't like Nick at all, and think he and cesar are clowns, but this is some shady shit going on here.

For anyone who claims there is nothing shady at all, answer this question:

Why would this Mike Mersch completely flat out deny that he said these things that he said in that video????

3/29/13 8:36 PM
rnunz
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never post PMs Phone Post 3.0
3/29/13 8:42 PM
K DEAN
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All that matters is that both fighters were 170 or lower unless some one can prove GSP was over 170 there is really no need for debate Phone Post 3.0
3/29/13 8:44 PM
FaQ2

dubate - As I see it there are 2 issues.
1. The athletic commission selectively enforcing or creating rules as they go along which you can't have.
2. This isn't about someone weighing .9lbs over their contracted weight. The issue is how hard it is to lose that .9 pounds and what it takes out of you the next day.
Either way as the earlier post said this isn't about Nick Diaz anymore this is about corrupt Athletic Commission and an either complicit or corrupt UFC official. And anyone who is against a bright light being shown on this is either retarded or trolling. Phone Post
Well Put. I don't see how people are giving nick shit for this? He made the weight. I don't blame him for making this an issue. They should have told him about the .9 before so he could stop the weight cut at 170.9 also. Fuck the Canadian commission. Dirty cheats! Phone Post 3.0
3/29/13 8:46 PM
malryan

I don't give a shit about Diaz getting a rematch and he was always going to get dominated by GSP, but I still find all of this to be a bit weird, especially the lack of any comment about any of it from Dana White. I wonder if this is being taken seriously at the UFC? It seems like they would have come out one way or the other and either supported the commission or supported Diaz? I would think that what happened would be considered a serious issue by most people. Phone Post
3/29/13 8:50 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

malryan - I don't give a shit about Diaz getting a rematch and he was always going to get dominated by GSP, but I still find all of this to be a bit weird, especially the lack of any comment about any of it from Dana White. I wonder if this is being taken seriously at the UFC? It seems like they would have come out one way or the other and either supported the commission or supported Diaz? I would think that what happened would be considered a serious issue by most people. Phone Post
It is VERY obvious that the UFC is ducking this issue.

Between the texts that flat out LIE and deny the video ever happened, the the numerous " the UFC refused to comment" in many articles it is clear as day. Phone Post
3/29/13 9:00 PM
Rabid Bunyip
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Enjoy watching Nick fight, but his fans and his camps tears taste like fine wine to me.

Keep them flowing bitches! Phone Post
Bucephalus

I don't give a shit about Diaz. I want to know why rules were changed at the last minute for a championship fight. Something isn't right here.
Bucephalus

I don't give a shit about Diaz. I want to know why rules were changed at the last minute for a championship fight. Something isn't right here.
3/29/13 9:03 PM
Macedawgg
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow

3/29/13 9:10 PM
Rabid Bunyip
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LMAO at the immediate butt hurt VDs from my last post. Phone Post
3/29/13 9:11 PM
rockwell
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't give a shit about either Diaz or GSP in particular. It is a bit dodgy how they seem to want to sweep this under the rug.

But who gives a fuck?

Remember when there were no weight classes? Dudes didn't care they just threw down. I highly doubt 0.9 of a lb makes the slightest difference what so ever. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/13 9:29 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Jacobmccrmck - The weight is not the issue anymore. It's the commission changing rules to potentially benefit the home town hero. Ask Bernard Hopkins why he had to loose that .9 against Jean Pascal Phone Post 3.0

Hey! Can you tell us all where Jean Pacal is fighting out of? Where he has lived since age 4?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.