UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Diaz attorney releases private text messages

3/29/13 9:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mmacburt
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz lost.....i'm tired of hearing about Stockton and 209....and how the world has mistreated him...and how he is a victim and he always gets screwed.......

How bout GSP beat your ass for 5 rounds and you cannot handle it.
3/29/13 9:42 PM
Ingrained Media
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/29/13 9:43 PM
Ingrained Media, President
Not trying to defend Mersch here. However the UFC legal department has a long history of being evasive when being communicated with in non-traditional formats or by people that may or may not be the agent of record. Especially with a guy like Nick because you have Ceaser on record as his manager and at the events, he has all of the licensed cornermen in Canada and since Mersch is responsible for final approval on all sponsorships he likely deals with Fosco for Nick.

I have had my own personal experiences with him where a fighter will have to contact him to let him know I am representing them. There is no barrier of entry to be an MMA agent or Manager so if you are getting texts about an off the record matter you surely are not going to respond in writing via text when you have direct access to the athlete, the corner, his manager of record and can reach out to the team handeling his sponsorships. None of which are connected to this lawyer.

Again this whole situation could have been handled differently, the last pound can be harder than the previous five. But Mersch being evasive could have more to do with the amount of people handling Nick's affairs.
3/29/13 9:44 PM
novaguy

McBottery - lol @ "Nicks not going to make an issue of it" Phone Post
Phone Post
3/29/13 10:35 PM
OGT

caposa -
kinson - 
caposa -

"Michael P. Mersch serves as the Senior Vice President of Business and Legal Affairs and Assistant General Counsel for the Ultimate Fighting Championship® (“UFC”) organization. He is responsible for negotiating and drafting all fighter agreements, merchandising and endorsement agreements, The Ultimate Fighter® reality television series, drafting legislation and regulatory provisions, and for government relations efforts on behalf of the UFC."

MM: "I have been told everyone made weight so there's nothing to make an issue about. He might want to focus on how he's going to win the fight rather than spending the night making excuses about why he lost."

Seems like a really unprofessional response
Piss off. Phone Post

voted up

LOL Phone Post
3/29/13 10:37 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes - MM: "I have been told everyone made weight so there's nothing to make an issue about. He might want to focus on how he's going to win the fight rather than spending the night making excuses about why he lost."

^^^Amazing that someone who works for the UFC would say this. Phone Post
And? He's right on....

That's exactly what nick and his people did after he got his ass whooped. Should have taken the guys advice. Phone Post
3/29/13 10:40 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

I don't know who's more pathetic Nick or his fans. Phone Post
3/29/13 10:41 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

20.9 BITCHES!!!! Phone Post
3/29/13 10:50 PM
Curtis_E_Bare
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Jacobmccrmck - The weight is not the issue anymore. It's the commission changing rules to potentially benefit the home town hero. Ask Bernard Hopkins why he had to loose that .9 against Jean Pascal Phone Post 3.0

Hey! Can you tell us all where Jean Pacal is fighting out of? Where he has lived since age 4?

I'm assuming this is another "protecting the home-town hero" post?

Except the exact opposite appears to be the case. Now, there is no denying that extra time should have been given to cut weight. That is clearly against their own rules. This is the one, and only, thing that the Quebec AC has been guilty of. But let's look at the big picture.

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/05/20/hopkins-pascal-make-weight

Pascal (the home-town fighter) makes weight after taking his hat and underwear off, so everything is fine for his weigh-in.

Hopkins misses weight and has to take an extra hour to drop the excess.

If the Quebec AC were indeed protecting their home-town boy, why give Hopkins the extra hour? It appears to me they were doing him a favour - even through it was against the rules. If they had followed the rules, Hopkins would forfeit 20% of his purse to the home-town boy (see below) the fight could still go on as a non-title fight and Pascal's belt would not be on the line.

There is no denying that a rule was broken (whether it was an honest mistake or not we will never know) but in no way could this have helped the home-town fighter. Considering he lost his belt, the AC not following this rule screwed him over.

SECTION XXIII
8 ° the provision that 20% of the exchange or compensation will be deducted from the competitor and returned to his opponent when the competitor does not comply with the weight specified in the contract during the official weigh-in;

3/29/13 11:12 PM
JunkieDog

Bentleysuper8 - How does the UFC have the power to pull a privately shot video off youtube. Well I guess I can see they have the "power" but do they have the right? That seems shifty as hell to me. And it's not like everyone and their dog hasn't seen the video anyway.

Perhaps it's like concerts or other events that are filmed/recorded to be sold as a source of revenue.... video recording is strictly prohibited. Still photos are often allowed but I'd be willing to bet that "any/all video recording inside the building is prohibited without the express written consent of Zuffa, LLC".

So, it could end up being another case of Diaz and his camp acting as though the rules don't apply to them.

Funny how those who yell the loudest about not being a bitch, end up being... well, don't want to fighter bash, here, so you can figure it out.
3/29/13 11:19 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

JunkieDog - 
Bentleysuper8 - How does the UFC have the power to pull a privately shot video off youtube. Well I guess I can see they have the "power" but do they have the right? That seems shifty as hell to me. And it's not like everyone and their dog hasn't seen the video anyway.

Perhaps it's like concerts or other events that are filmed/recorded to be sold as a source of revenue.... video recording is strictly prohibited. Still photos are often allowed but I'd be willing to bet that "any/all video recording inside the building is prohibited without the express written consent of Zuffa, LLC".

So, it could end up being another case of Diaz and his camp acting as though the rules don't apply to them.

Funny how those who yell the loudest about not being a bitch, end up being... well, don't want to fighter bash, here, so you can figure it out.

did the person that filmed it sign a contract that he wouldnt film?

3/29/13 11:23 PM
CindyO

Bisping decisioned my SN -  20.9 BITCHES!!!! Phone Post

LO.L!!!

Cindy

3/29/13 11:30 PM
rrg1

JunkieDog - 

That would completely understandable IF it were a concert, movie, show or some type of event. Nothing was going on in that video but a guy talking "off the record"....for them to even be able to pull it should raise a lot of questions.

3/29/13 11:33 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was pretty unprofessional by Mike, geez.

3/29/13 11:37 PM
Authority Figure

That Zuffa sounds like a fag. I truly hope some guts his two front teeth out and skull fucks and then refers him to "the commission" for answers.

3/29/13 11:39 PM
scrapdo
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson's BBC in my Goku -
kinson -  Nicky and his fans are reaching really hard at this point. Reaching, like the cast of Ancient Aliens in season 4. Phone Post

wtf? u think his texts or actions were appropriate?

my guess is this guy gets scapegoat shitcanned

I hafta agree. As much as I think Nick is out of his mind normally this makes it even more evident that there's something to this. He obviously had no idea he'd been recorded and planned to deny ever speaking to nick about this. WOW.
Home cooking? Phone Post 3.0
3/29/13 11:56 PM
JunkieDog

Jacobmccrmck - The weight is not the issue anymore. It's the commission changing rules to potentially benefit the home town hero. Ask Bernard Hopkins why he had to loose that .9 against Jean Pascal Phone Post 3.0

If the commission was trying to set the wheels in motion to protect GSP from coming in overweight by .2 or .4 or even .9.... why wouldn't they just wait until the actual weigh in, announce anything from 170.0 to 170.9 as 170 and nothing would have ever become of it?

Better yet, why not just agree that even if he was 172 pounds, just announce it as 170??

Why go through the step of informing the camp most known for crying and complaining about perceived slights, real or imagined, giving them one more thing to blow out of proportion??

If Decimalgate was in fact totally made up and something they have never done before (even though the last 5-6 UFC's in Canada have used the "no decimal" weight) why not just take it one step further and not inform ANYone outside the Commission and simply announce his weight as 170??

That Nick and his camp were notified actually legitimizes the whole thing, IMO.
3/30/13 12:04 AM
MolsonMuscles
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ManWithTheIronFists - Montreal is heavily influenced by the mob so I wouldn't doubt any of this shadiness.

Which is why the UFC should only hold cards in corruption-free Las Vegas from now on.
3/30/13 12:14 AM
slowdiver
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
malryan - I don't give a shit about Diaz getting a rematch and he was always going to get dominated by GSP, but I still find all of this to be a bit weird, especially the lack of any comment about any of it from Dana White. I wonder if this is being taken seriously at the UFC? It seems like they would have come out one way or the other and either supported the commission or supported Diaz? I would think that what happened would be considered a serious issue by most people. Phone Post
It is VERY obvious that the UFC is ducking this issue.

Between the texts that flat out LIE and deny the video ever happened, the the numerous " the UFC refused to comment" in many articles it is clear as day. Phone Post

Yep!

There is always a reason. This is'nt a misunderstanding..as soon as Mersch lied he lost the option to call it that (and it could have gone away if he just said oops I fucked up). So what is the reason for lying? What is this successful man covering up? Look at the dudes resume - he appears to be a pretty big cog in the machine, sucks when you cannot trust a boss. I don't know enuff about this business to figure it out, but I do know I'm not alone in hating the flavor of lies.

WHERE YOU AT MICHAEL MERSCH!!!

Michael P. Mersch serves as the Senior Vice President of Business and Legal Affairs and Assistant General Counsel for the Ultimate Fighting Championship® (“UFC”) organization. He is responsible for negotiating and drafting all fighter agreements, merchandising and endorsement agreements, The Ultimate Fighter® reality television series, drafting legislation and regulatory provisions, and for government relations efforts on behalf of the UFC.
3/30/13 12:37 AM
slowdiver
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah Jacob & Junkie, there are so many possibilities and variables. But then the scummy lie? Some people can't help themselves, like a klepto. But usually theres some reason.

He used to be the Deputy AG of Nevada, how did he not learn to just shut up sometimes? When you are being questioned the answers are generally already known. It's a basic credibility exercise.
3/30/13 12:42 AM
marauder2c

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
kinson -  Nicky and his fans are reaching really hard at this point. Reaching, like the cast of Ancient Aliens in season 4. Phone Post

You do realize that MANY posters here who have an issue with what went on here are not Diaz fans right?

I don't like Nick at all, and think he and cesar are clowns, but this is some shady shit going on here.

For anyone who claims there is nothing shady at all, answer this question:

Why would this Mike Mersch completely flat out deny that he said these things that he said in that video????

I would dare say that the Diaz camp has probably been hounding Mersch to implicate the UFC in some wrong doing that would justify Nick's paranoia. The exchange given was no doubt only a small portion. Kind of like the kids in the back seat on the long car trip..."are we there yet" and again and again....
He doesn't really deny saying anything in the video since nothing is mentionned about the video but just states that they made weight and to better get Nick ready for his beating.
Correct in assuming I am far from a Diaz(either) fan
I also think they should question the commission for answers but Quebec is an entity of it's own beyond Canada. Crypes, may be as simple as the metric system!
3/30/13 12:53 AM
TEX4N
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post 3.0
3/30/13 12:54 AM
Whambo
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes - 
Whambo -
Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes -  MM: "I have been told everyone made weight so there's nothing to make an issue about. He might want to focus on how he's going to win the fight rather than spending the night making excuses about why he lost."

^^^Amazing that someone who works for the UFC would say this. Phone Post

Yes, amazing! I can't fucking believe it! Stop the press! I don't know what's the bigger story, North Korea or this revelation!
You're not focusing on the issue, retarrd. It has nothing to do with Nick. I'd be equally outraged if this gentleman made this comment about any other fighter. Phone Post

There is no story unless you're a complete fucking loser with no life.
3/30/13 4:01 AM
Enemies

Lawyers. :(

Really though, this just makes Nick seem petty. For a pot-smoker the dude seems to always be tightly wound.
3/30/13 5:57 AM
Rearnakedwaffle
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/30/13 5:57 AM
I think GSP wanted to bring 0.9 lbs worth of Seagal's deadliest stuff into the Octagon - thus the off the books rule change
3/30/13 6:04 AM
Sergio88
502 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When Dana said him and Lorenzo want GSP back in Vegas for his next fight maybe they knew shit might hit the fan. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.